PDA

View Full Version : Habboxforum info grabber? [FREE VIP!]

jackass
27-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, a while back I made a manual script that you can use as an image to put in your signature. It displayed whether this forum was online, how busy it is etc. Problem - I had to manually change it.

Anyway, i've been developing a NEW status signature for this forum, as it will appear on Biolabs. But does anyone know a script that would grab information such as posts, rep points, last post etc. for a certain member?

(I was thinking along the lines of how that board reader works - CLICK! (http://boardreader.com/sp/Habbox_UK_Forum_19111.html))

If someone can code a working (PHP) script for me, i'll buy you FREE VIP WITH A COLOUR OF YOUR CHOICE (oh and also +rep!). :)

Flisker
27-05-2008, 04:29 PM
So you want it the grab the file contents of a member that you enter?

jackass
27-05-2008, 04:35 PM
So you want it the grab the file contents of a member that you enter?

Yes. Like the habbo status works, but for habbox.

So it shows post count, online/offline, rep points, last post, join date, last online etc. :)

Flisker
27-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Ill make it soon (Note im not that brill with PHP but i know whats what)

Dentafrice
27-05-2008, 07:18 PM
How are you going to do that? You are going to have to login to view profiles of users.. and/or search for a post by a user.. then parse it that way.

Decode
27-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes. Like the habbo status works, but for habbox.

So it shows post count, online/offline, rep points, last post, join date, last online etc. :)
--ss-- has just been saying about this, he said that to view profile pages on the forum you need to login. So unless you were doing it for just 1 person (eg your self) then it wouldnt be possible.

Blob
27-05-2008, 08:45 PM
You would have to use a POST request on a page (I don't know if you can do it with javascript or PHP) with your username and password, to log you in, you could also do remember me, then just view the users profile.

Dentafrice
27-05-2008, 08:56 PM
You would create a username + password and use cURL to login, then you can view profiles.. but that would be way too server intensive to do on each request.

--ss--
27-05-2008, 09:37 PM
http://www.shanes.sawhosting.com/php/hxf.php
Extremely badly done but it works meh.
I'll expand and convert it into GD library image tommorow.

Chris can you install the Freetype library so I can use the Imagegetttftext() function plox :P

jackass
27-05-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.shanes.sawhosting.com/php/hxf.php
Extremely badly done but it works meh.
I'll expand and convert it into GD library image tommorow.

Chris can you install the Freetype library so I can use the Imagegetttftext() function plox :P

I take it this isn't for me? :(
But yeah, it looks great!

My idea first. :@

;)

Dentafrice
27-05-2008, 09:50 PM
But can you make it dynamic for each user? ;)

jackass
27-05-2008, 09:59 PM
But can you make it dynamic for each user? ;)

I've got an idea.

When a user makes a post, the information (such as posts, rep etc.) is on that post. So for example, when searching on a search engine or using a site like boardreader, it would show that information. So the PHP script could grab it, couldn't it?

Correct me if i'm wrong. xD!!

Dentafrice
27-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Boardreader has to archive it first ;) Plus you need to develop a script to search HxF for each user, which would take up your bandwith and HxF bandwith each time the script was run, unless you cached the information in a database.

That would require it to be updated all the time. ;) HxF would block your script if it cost them money.

jackass
27-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Boardreader has to archive it first ;) Plus you need to develop a script to search HxF for each user, which would take up your bandwith and HxF bandwith each time the script was run, unless you cached the information in a database.

That would require it to be updated all the time. ;) HxF would block your script if it cost them money.

Damn. I'm thinking of switching to the advanced plan on x10 to get unlimited bandwidth, pretty expensive though, because of the fact that i'm paying nothing for 100,000MB/month. :P

I'll think of something, i'm determined to get this script to work - its my first project for Biolabs. It must not fail. :(

Invent
27-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Simple, get the users that want to get a sig to post in a thread then when they make their sig make them tell the script what page their post is on.

Then the script explodes the page from when their username is on the postbit until the end of the row or something.

I don't know if that'll make sense to you, but its how it can be done :P

Dentafrice
27-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Simple, get the users that want to get a sig to post in a thread then when they make their sig make them tell the script what page their post is on.

Then the script explodes the page from when their username is on the postbit until the end of the row or something.

I don't know if that'll make sense to you, but its how it can be done :P
Yeah, but I believe what he wants is a site that just allows the dynamic creation of images, instead of that.

:P

timROGERS
28-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I found a way of doing this in the past, but it's only really feasible for VIPs. I created a random thread in spam and then locked it before more posts could be made. Then you can just explode it to pull the data out.

jackass
28-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I found a way of doing this in the past, but it's only really feasible for VIPs. I created a random thread in spam and then locked it before more posts could be made. Then you can just explode it to pull the data out.

Thats partially what I thought on one of the above posts.

Okay, it might only be for VIPs - but that'll make it more special. :P

Baving
28-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Or you could ask the nice administrators to setup an API from HabboxForum so you may grab data about your account via xml

jackass
28-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Or you could ask the nice administrators to setup an API from HabboxForum so you may grab data about your account via xml

I highly doubt they would do that! xD

efq
28-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I'll also rep+ who gives the code to him, because I'd love that.

jackass
28-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I'll also rep+ who gives the code to him, because I'd love that.

Thanks! :)

By the way, i've made the thread and closed it.

I'm off on holiday now, so development will continue on monday, although I bet Tom will figure it out first, hes already trying to make the thread.

If you guys carry on posting/making it, i'll +rep and etc. when I get back.

Ciao! :8

Nick.
28-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I think this is a really silly idea. Users can just look to the left and see all of that information? Plus if you're grabbing it in a way that requires a thread post, it wouldn't work on a profile page. :S

It's a waste of time tbh.

Jackboy
28-05-2008, 12:23 PM
I think this is a really silly idea.

I think your sigs a silly idea. Everything in your sig can be accessed easily on this forum already. You can easily just click your name and find your profile etc, and then theres a nav up top.

Also someones manage to do a post count counter...

Decode
28-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks! :)

By the way, i've made the thread and closed it.

I'm off on holiday now, so development will continue on monday, although I bet Tom will figure it out first, hes already trying to make the thread.

If you guys carry on posting/making it, i'll +rep and etc. when I get back.

Ciao! :8
Ive given up, i cant make a thread without someone else making a post in it, i might make one about 1am then post in all the other threads so my thread is hidden :D

Nick.
28-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I think your sigs a silly idea. Everything in your sig can be accessed easily on this forum already. You can easily just click your name and find your profile etc, and then theres a nav up top.

Also someones manage to do a post count counter...
Yes, but with more than one click. My sig makes accessing the links, easier.

--ss--
29-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Got some spare time now so I might aswell start it now.
Before I make it into an GD library image , what exact information should I actually gather?
http://www.shanes.sawhosting.com/php/hxf.php is what i've got so far, it seems that the function for the blog amount has broke :'(

Blob
29-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Crazy idea but it could work:

Pay the admins to make a forum and then as soon as you post a thread in it it closes automatically (so everyone who wanted to sign up had to post a thread) then your script searches that forum for the user, opens it and views the info. And the forum can be like hidden to a usergroup you can signup to in your group memberships (like pixel artists)...

Second idea:

Set up your own vB forum, just a temp, borrow it off someone for like 2 days or something, then make a sig that works by using global.php to get everything of the user (thats how you intergrate it into your site... global.php) then send it to habboxforum, they upload it, they give credit to you. They could also charge for it or raise VIP and give it out with that.

Dentafrice
29-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Both ideas wouldn't work.

The best way would be for a member of staff/coding team to code up a simple API to fetch some of the required information from the database, and port it to an XML file.

http://www.habboxforum.com/api/user_info.xml?username=Dentafrice

Which would display:

<user>
<name>Dentafrice</name>
<registered>Dec 2006</registered>
<postCount>100</postCount>
<gender>Male</gender>
</user>

RYANNNNN
30-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I think this is a really silly idea. Users can just look to the left and see all of that information? Plus if you're grabbing it in a way that requires a thread post, it wouldn't work on a profile page. :S

It's a waste of time tbh.

Agreed.

--ss--
30-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Extremely badly done and messy version but least I know it works:
http://www.hhgs.net/shane/hxf.php

The header should change colour for when i'm online/ Offline but i'll be changing the design later.
Got a really bad headache :'(

msb.
30-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Extremely badly done and messy version but least I know it works:
http://www.hhgs.net/shane/hxf.php

The header should change colour for when i'm online/ Offline but i'll be changing the design later.
Got a really bad headache :'(

as cool as it is but I can see that already :S in topright of ur post, pointless isn't it?

--ss--
30-05-2008, 04:05 PM
as cool as it is but I can see that already :S in topright of ur post, pointless isn't it?
To use on external sites/forums ;).

msb.
30-05-2008, 04:13 PM
To use on external sites/forums ;).
LOL @ Me, soz yh that case good idea

jackass
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Shane, thats amazing. :P

Only problem I can see is the 'online' bit at the top, you can't read the text.

Pity that you have watermarked it though. :(

--ss--
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Shane, thats amazing. :P

Only problem I can see is the 'online' bit at the top, you can't read the text.

Pity that you have watermarked it though. :(
Can easily be removed using paint :P
That isn't the final design , just cba to edit and well i'm not too creative when it comes to designs and my only tool seems to be MS paint :(.

Decode
02-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Can easily be removed using paint :P
That isn't the final design , just cba to edit and well i'm not too creative when it comes to designs and my only tool seems to be MS paint :(.
You should get paint.net (getpaint.net), its free. :)

Florx
02-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey,

Yeah as Caleb said you need to use cURL, but unless you have the userid then it will be very server intensive! But once you have the userid, cache it so you have the username and the userid then the rest is easy, login, go to their profile, explode what you don't want and bash you have the infoz. :)

Good luck :p

--ss--
02-06-2008, 06:50 PM
You should get paint.net (http://getpaint.net), its free. :)
I have Photoshop CS2/CS3 installed but my 128mb of RAM seems to always suicide when I run it for long lol :'(
I do all my designing on MS Paint and tbh it's actually quite an very good program when you learn all the secrets and such to it :D.

Decode
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I have Photoshop CS2/CS3 installed but my 128mb of RAM seems to always suicide when I run it for long lol :'(
I do all my designing on MS Paint and tbh it's actually quite an very good program when you learn all the secrets and such to it :D.
I like it, but you cant make anything transparrent in it, and you cant save in GIF without it going strange lol :P

jackass
03-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I like it, but you cant make anything transparrent in it, and you cant save in GIF without it going strange lol :P

Thats true.

I make mine on paint, then use iaza. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!