PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch

Recursion
27-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Hello,

So after my friend showing of his iPod Touch on Friday I just had to spend all the money I had on the 8GB model. They aren't so crap after all :eusa_whis

It is being delivered by CityLink tomorrow and wanted to know:

1. Does it get scratched much?
Do I need a case?
Do I need a screen protector?2. What applications are must have?
I am definitely going to be jail breaking it, the first thing I do, upgrade to 1.1.4 then jailbreak.3. Any good websites for guides on skinning etc...?
What do I do to skin my touch?
What the hell is Summerboard?
What the hell is Springboard?Thank you :)

xxMATTGxx
27-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello,

So after my friend showing of his iPod Touch on Friday I just had to spend all the money I had on the 8GB model. They aren't so crap after all :eusa_whis

Do I need a case?
I am definitely going to be jail breaking it, the first thing I do, upgrade to 1.1.4 then jailbreak.3. Any good websites for guides on skinning etc...?

The front hardly gets scratched. But the back does depending on how you use it, I do suggest buying a case for it. I suggest jailbreaking it like you said you will. If you want it done within minutes. Use ZIPHONE works on Windows and Mac. To skin your touch? You mean like themes? Well Once jailbroken you get a application called "Installer" Install Summerboard via that. With the sources you have via the Installer or the ones you find on the internet can install themes directy to the iPod. Or you can also download themes from the internet and use SSH (I think) to transfer them over to it.

I suggest watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_R5MDeyVw8

Recursion
27-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Thank you! :) I would +REP but I have to spread :(

Other people's inputs are welcome too :)

DaveTaylor
27-05-2008, 04:11 PM
ziPhone is ok however I prefer Pwnage tool :)

xxMATTGxx
27-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Thank you! :) I would +REP but I have to spread :(

Other people's inputs are welcome too :)

I also recommend these websites:

http://www.ipod-touch-themes.de/

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/

http://www.modmyifone.com/

Recursion
27-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks again :) I would +REP but I can't :/

N!ck
27-05-2008, 04:29 PM
The shiny back gets scratched to hell.

Recursion
27-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks :) Looks like ill be looking around for a case then!

Any recommendations?

Josh-H
27-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes I would reccomend a case.
I used Ziphone to jailbreak but remember an update is coming out soon which will enable official 3rd party applications via the appstore. This will be a paid update though.

Jericho
27-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Hello,

Do I need a case?

Please dont over look mate, i want to get on with you now :(

But yeah, front doesn't get scratched, had mine since christmas and no scratches. Back does scratch, its the typical mirror ipod background that scratches easy. Applications that are must have.. no-one knows til june. But for now via jailbreak, Lights out is fun :D

Skinning is easy via ipod touch. Which fits nicely with your question about Springboard, springboard (if i remember rightly) is the skinning application. IDK bout summerboard, or maybe i have mixed em up. I shall PM you a good link for a skinning site which is a forum for "ipod touch users". There is lots of repo links you enter in your ipod and they appear in installer.app. :)

Hope I helped.

Recursion
27-05-2008, 05:49 PM

Ill try and +REP everyone I can! :)

Ill have a lookey at the PM you sent me :) XD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!