PDA

View Full Version : Who will you fly the flag for!?

Korronos
27-05-2008, 03:54 PM
We might be pushing the boat out a little by using the word 'celebration', but Eurovision IS a great opportunity for a cool comp!
Eurovision. It's over for another year! Doesn't the contest and voting just fly by so quickly? What do you mean no?! Check below for the Eurovision Prediction comp winners and also details of our quality new Eurovision Song comp. Can you take home the glory for your chosen country in the Habbo Eurovision Contest?

I found Eurovision very enjoyable this year! There was a real mixed bag of entries with my particular favourites including Spain, Ukraine, Greece and of course the UK. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I think the Spanish had a good song... it was just a funny performance which stayed in voters memories. Greece had a very good song although perhaps a little too catchy for my liking. It's been stuck in my head for all of three days now!
Andy Abraham flew the flag for the UK and I must say I thought his performance was very good. What a pity the song was not memorable enough to survive it's position in the 25 country show. I do believe performing early in the show puts you at a disadvantage if your song and performance don't involve something extraordinary, like Russia's ice skater for example! That said, doing something too extraordinary (like pretending to be members of Easyjet cabin crew) also, clearly, does not work! Oh well! Perhaps you can do better?

Who Will You Fly The Flag For?
We've seen the so called experts do it and now it's your turn. We are taking the Top 10 countries from Eurovision 2008 and challenging you to create (or find) a new song using your Traxmachine for one of them. We will then come round and listen to your entries during a live Habbo Eurovision Contest on Thursday 29th May from 4:00pm until 5:30pm.
How To Enter
It's really easy! Add your room to the Eurovision Party Navigator Floor and make sure your Traxmachine (with your song entry on it) is in the room. Then all you need to do is write which of the 10 countries (listed below) your song is entering for. Make sure your room is open and contains a party atmosphere come 4pm on Thursday 29th May - you might then be visited by a judge and win a prize. Also, keep an eye out for a special limited edition Eurovision Contest Party Events Category which will appear just before the contest starts on Thursday. This will help you get your rooms full when the judges come round.
Countries to choose from: Russia, Norway, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Greece, Ukraine, Turkey, Israel, Armenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. You may also choose one of our bonus countries which are Spain and United Kingdom. Your song should somehow resemble the country, so be sure to do some research if you want to try Azerbaijan or Armenia!

Who do you think will win Eurovision? Results
Congratulations to everyone who correctly guessed that Russia would win the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest. Everyone who correctly guessed Russia BEFORE 8pm on Saturday 24th May has been awarded a very special Purple Guitar Badge!
Please Note: A number of entries were edited to say Russia after the contest had ended. You have won nothing. Any post that showed as being edited after the contest had started has been rejected due to cheating. Similarly, any post that listed more than one country to win have won nothing (even if one of the listed guesses was Russia). If you'd like to see who tried to cheat, just check the forum below and see which Habbo's edited their post to say Russia after 8pm on 24th May!
View all the entries! (http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/uk_office/discussions/38755/id)
Lost_Witness
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

May enter this :)

hah
27-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm Crap with traxs

PriceTags
27-05-2008, 04:47 PM
*SCREAMS*

Kalk
27-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Cool, I doubt I'll enter. I'm useless with this kind of stuff! :P

Redacted
27-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Lol at blaten edits.

Ardemax
27-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Lol at blaten edits.

...and what are they?
i hate these comps, always lose :P

GhostFace-
27-05-2008, 07:23 PM
whos entering this one ?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!