PDA

View Full Version : [Request] DevelopTomorrow - Marketing Developer

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 12:39 PM
DevelopTomorrow - Marketing Developer
---------------------------------------------

DevelopTomorrow is seeking a Marketing Developer for the first instance of development of the project, with the expansion of a full time role within DevelopTomorrow's team.

We are currently seeking a marketing developer to liason with the team, and to develop a expansion to the existing business plan. The marketing developer will need to have experience within this sector of advertisement (online learning and/or communities) and to work along side the design team to develop advertisement print.

If you would like to find more information about this position, please send an email to: [email protected] or phone me directly on 0560 1717 864.

Thank you,

Darren Toogood
Develop Tomorrow

Thread closed by sierk because of too much arguing

seniorJOSH
28-05-2008, 01:22 PM
You said you were handling market?

Proof you get everyone to do everything for you.

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I have never dealt with marketing, because I suck - main reason my projects fail.

I am doing administrationl, part design and content, as well as photography courses and public relations.

kk.
28-05-2008, 02:18 PM
let me get this right.. Yesterday you said you suck at designing yet your still doing it. The main reason behind your failures is because of you. You lie too much and cannot make a business. Just yesterday you stated you would be able to get a marketing person for free yet you come on here advertising and as we have said in the past, no one will work for a share of the apparent profits you will make.

And to top it off, its such a bad name for what it is. Why would I develop tomorrow, I would want to do it today. If your thinking of 'develop for tomorrows world' then make it developfortomorrow or something. Dont just make a name because its your initials.

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I said I am doing part design, and I also stated I can do simple design, and I will be working alongside my partner with design.

Please could you confirm how I lie :S? Also if you check out our logo, it does clearly say:

'DevelopTomorrow
today.'

www.developtomorrow.com

kk.
28-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Trust me, you do lie but as I am on an iPod I cannot copy and paste. How does that even sound remotely good? 'develop tomorrow - today' doesn't even make sense let alone appealing. Please learn how to run a business and about your market before you try and set up a business for the what? 100th time. You should know that your so called company is more than likely going to fail because you're trying to enter an already saturated Market. You have too Many competitors and are offering crap qualifications which no one will know about

And who the hell coded that site because theirs absolutely no reason for it to be that wide lmao. If one of your team did then they should be shot if they thinkthey are good coders

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 02:45 PM
www.developtomorrow.com was not done by a member of the team. I needed a splash page, so I made a photoshop image, saved as PNG and sent it to him, and he made a quick index page.

kk.
28-05-2008, 02:51 PM
well its a good job that he's not lol. And is that all you can say again. This project I'd definitely going to fail if you cannot defend it. By not replying with a defense it just shows us (well me) that you are beginning to lose faith in the idea ;)

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 02:55 PM
No, it shows I can not be bothered to argue with you tbh.

Im tired, and busy and I have been working my sox off.

Decode
28-05-2008, 03:00 PM
www.developtomorrow.com (http://www.developtomorrow.com) was not done by a member of the team. I needed a splash page, so I made a photoshop image, saved as PNG and sent it to him, and he made a quick index page.
So you cant even code basic html? :S

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I am not a coder... that is my partners job.

Decode
28-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I am not a coder... that is my partners job.
So what are you doing then?

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I am in charge of administration of the business, public relations, course details, content, staffing, documentation and photography courses.

kk.
28-05-2008, 03:05 PM
So you cant even code basic html? :S
lols

no it doesnt. It shows you have no faith in the company. any good manager would defend their business till death but all you do is give one sentence answers and leave. im busy too but i can still write enough to know that this will fail and prove it. and if thats your partners job, why didnt he do it? i mean all it needs is 1 div and an image? i mean you could even just change the table you used to width of 100% and just center the image but not even you could figure that out. the width is over 1000 so people on small screens would not see it centered ;)

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Like I said, my partner did not make that splash page, and nor did any employee of ours. It was a quick temp site.

kk.
28-05-2008, 03:15 PM
yes but what i am saying was its a 1 minute job to make it look presentable for small screens so whydidnt he. You made the image so why couldnt you send it to your partner? no common sense i see

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I use a 17'' screen and it looks fine for me.

kk.
28-05-2008, 03:40 PM
yes but what you are missing is that 17" is fine for that size but for large screens or small screens its going to look off centre. god you have no website let alone business sense if you are only thinking about yourself lol.

http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php put it into taht and youll see what i mean

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I am not a coder, I deal with no such thing as website coding, building etc. I just told a freind to get on with it.

You guys believe this will fail, however I am sick and tired of you guys referring back to the past, and saying this will fail too.

I think I will be retracting advertisements from this forum.

seniorJOSH
28-05-2008, 05:20 PM

With what?

You're not doing anything the development stage except waiting around
to do Public relations & Courses?

Or ringing your 11 year old GF? Yes I know about her.

kk.
28-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I am not a coder, I deal with no such thing as website coding, building etc. I just told a freind to get on with it.

You guys believe this will fail, however I am sick and tired of you guys referring back to the past, and saying this will fail too.

I think I will be retracting advertisements from this forum.
that is the best peice of news i have heard fora long while. You make up lies about how youre a designer, then in other threads claim youre not. you use people who arent on your team which does not make any sense as your coder probably isnt doing anything. Youre 14 years old and have exams for the next 2 years at least so i know (unless you drop out of school) that this will not succeed as i have pulled out of projects and designing for that reason. You should truely learn how to run a business and not expect everything to be (meaning work). You will not employ people of the standard you are looking for for free. You want someone who has been a marketing person before on online learning or commuynities yet if you havnt realised, you are on a teen forum. Most people are 16 and most havnt had the experience.

even if you did find someone on here that did have the experience, they wouldnt help you because theyre more than likely to know of your past, people dont change very often (and not in 3 months). You would let them do all the owrk while you sit back and relax whipping people until they do it. Weve all realised that you are a bad project manager and expect things to be done cheap, to a high quality and quickly which just isnt going to happen. you have no skills whatsoever to run this sort of a business. youd probably end up taking photographs of the kids because thats all you can do by the looks of it (and poorly at that).

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 06:03 PM
*Removed*

comments please. Other partner thinks its ok, I do not.

I was thinking of something along the lines of this sort of design...(Please note its just to show colouring and theme)

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/207/57032857hd7.png

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Link removed on user's request ;).

seniorJOSH
28-05-2008, 06:33 PM
*Removed* comments please. Other partner thinks its ok, I do not.

I was thinking of something along the lines of this sort of design...(Please note its just to show colouring and theme)

You have no taste in design. The devtom one is sexy.

Stepheen
28-05-2008, 06:49 PM
*Removed*

Looks nice, add some dummy text, however it does slightly look like the habbo login page :)

Jõnathan
28-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Looks nice, add some dummy text, however it does slightly look like the habbo login page :)
You must be blind or something.
That design looks crap Darren.
Show us the other design.

Stepheen
28-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Tbh, i'm being nice.

blanky12!
28-05-2008, 08:20 PM
*Removed*

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Link removed on user's request ;).
eww! no taste on color waht so ever! Sorry

loserWILL
28-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Let us see the other design.

kk.
28-05-2008, 08:31 PM
it wasnt really that much better and took ages to load. is it just me that thinks the name and slogan is rubbish?

Decode
28-05-2008, 08:33 PM
on developtommorow.com why does the page have a giant scroll bar when the image only takes up half the screen?

EDIT: just checked the sorce and your coder is an idiot.

<table width="1245" height="806
" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

should be

<table width="100%" height="100%

and all the other px values should be done in % as well, so it can ajust to peoples screen size

kk.
28-05-2008, 08:40 PM
on developtommorow.com why does the page have a giant scroll bar when the image only takes up half the screen?

should be

and all the other px values should be done in % as well, so it can ajust to peoples screen size
lol dont worry hes already tried to defend this and failed. i mentioned it to him earlier but apparently he only has people who code for his size screen

awelsh
28-05-2008, 09:03 PM

should be

or he could have simply made the image smaller, centerised it and then set a hex code as the backround image. Would load slightly faster aswell. Still good advice though

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 09:05 PM
however... I handed it to a complete n00b to quickly do before he set off on his holiday, because at the time my partner was not contracted to the project.

It will be sorted.

seniorJOSH
28-05-2008, 09:14 PM
however... I handed it to a complete n00b to quickly do before he set off on his holiday, because at the time my partner was not contracted to the project.

It will be sorted.

You have the audacity to call him a "n00b" when you can't even code.
L-O-L.

Liberation
28-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I can see this doing almost aswell as your other projects! To get a good company to create profit and what have you you are going to have to spend money. Don't just find people willing to work for free as obviously they are not going to be of a high standard needed. That design you posted; someone can do it on paint. Pay a good designer, you can get something decent for $100+, which as you seem so confident you are going to make a good amount of profit isn't a large investment at all.

In all honesty, you should think what your doing through, and take in peoples advice they are giving you, not chuck it right back at them.

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Ok, well we will see where this project goes.

More information will be release shortly, directly via our site.

Kardan
28-05-2008, 10:09 PM
This is the distributing CDs to kids thing isn't it?

When do you expect to be sending your CDs to where ever they need to go?

DarrenToogood
28-05-2008, 10:28 PM
We are looking to introduce CDs around March 2009, to allow secure development of the site system, before we look to expand our products to offline and interactive services.

Kardan
28-05-2008, 10:33 PM
We are looking to introduce CDs around March 2009, to allow secure development of the site system, before we look to expand our products to offline and interactive services.

So it'll be 10 months before we see any progress from the company/site?

seniorJOSH
28-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Darren, answer me.
Why call Matt a noob, when you're one aswell?

DarrenToogood
29-05-2008, 07:55 AM
No Kardan. We are looking to release the course system, along with our CV preperation, advice center and more between September - December 2008.

Josh, if you read the thread, you will notice I was NOT calling Matt a n00b - read before you post.

Liberation
29-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Darren what I want to know is how are you going to give good information regarding the subjects when in many cases you have not even been taught them yourself?

DarrenToogood
29-05-2008, 09:50 AM
That is where you are wrong.

We will have different people, running/organizing different courses in their area of knowledge...e.g. I would be running a photography course.

seniorJOSH
29-05-2008, 10:22 AM
That is where you are wrong.

We will have different people, running/organizing different courses in their area of knowledge...e.g. I would be running a photography course.

Has anyone wanted to do a course yet? No.
Will anyone want to for free? No.

& You, run a Photography course? It'd be like HOMEWORK NOW! "we havent finished the lessons" NOW HOMEWORK NOW!

You have no idea with Photography, your pictures are probably just advice from the in-box manual.

Jõnathan
29-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Tbh, i'm being nice.
You obviously haven't seen all the past projects of Darren's (which I can't retrieve the threads for because they all ended up the same - locked and deleted)...

DarrenToogood
29-05-2008, 10:33 AM
My 13 year old 'lass' is fine thank you, even though we arn't going out :S

My photography is not from an in-box manual at all... you should really research your facts. www.darrentoogood.com

Baving
29-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Could you please post your projected / expected revenue, net profit figures and approximate buisness valuation for the next 3 years. This will allow people to get an insight into how much the buisness is worth and how much potential custom you hope to attract.

DarrenToogood
29-05-2008, 11:24 AM
I would say Advanced... I am not an amateur for sure, and nor am I a professional.

I have a big enough understanding and knowledge of photography in order to lead a entry-level course. I can also bring in people such as ex Head of Art for Getty Images to help users with more advanced courses.

EDIT: We are currently of putting all that together in the business plan.

Excellent
29-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Once again too young and naive, you're planning on running a site when you cannot design or code it.. "I'm running a photography course" from the pictures I see on your website I wouldn't come to you for photography lessons, you're an amateur. So whilst everyone else does the work for your site your going to sit back and teach a few kiddies how to take a photo of a plate on their table? Failure before it's even opened.

As I have said copious ammounts of times before, you're too young and naive to be doing this.. You may think you're the next alan sugar but the fact is you're not. You're a 15 year old child who should be focusing on his school work not running some shabby website which will generate no traffic and end up closing before your 13 year old girl friend starts her period.

DarrenToogood
29-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Excellent, your incorrect.

running a site when you cannot design or code it. - You are clearly wrong in this matter, because my partner is dealing with that side of things - we have a working partnership, in which we will work together to produce this site.

It makes me laugh when you say my photos are no good, however I take the word of professionals, rather than people who are members of a game forum.

Josh, again your jumping to conclusions. David (Ex Head of Art) did not get fired, nor did he steal other peoples work. Really, check your facts.

Invent2
29-05-2008, 12:33 PM
- You are clearly wrong in this matter, because my partner is dealing with that side of things - we have a working partnership, in which we will work together to produce this site.

What an amazing coder he is when he used a table to display a simple image which is 900+ pixels high and 800+ pixels wide when it only needs to be a fraction of that size.

I really envy his skills.

Excellent
29-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Excellent, your incorrect.

- You are clearly wrong in this matter, because my partner is dealing with that side of things - we have a working partnership, in which we will work together to produce this site.

It makes me laugh when you say my photos are no good, however I take the word of professionals, rather than people who are members of a game forum.

Josh, again your jumping to conclusions. David (Ex Head of Art) did not get fired, nor did he steal other peoples work. Really, check your facts.

Don't see why you have a 50.1% share in the business when he's doing way more than you.. you're a freeloader you see, get everyone to do everything for you.

Plus I presume people who take these courses are going to want to see some documentation to prove you have got some kind of qualification in these subjects, I kill you not to use your sats paper as one.

You're 15, you're a child, you're getting too far ahead of yourself.. Give it a few years to learn a thing or two then proceed with it by all means.

DarrenToogood
29-05-2008, 12:39 PM
What an amazing coder he is when he used a table to display a simple image which is 900+ pixels high and 800+ pixels wide when it only needs to be a fraction of that size.

I really envy his skills.

Wrong. Yet again, get your facts right. I did state a number of times that the person who has made the splash page, is not the coder who I am now in partnership with.

Excellent, your wrong. I will be responsible for administration, staffing, documentation, photography, public relations, customer support, product and services planning, lynchpin - to me, that is alot of things to do, and means I would be pulling my weight!

David is a very nice person, who lives a few mins down the road, and who I met via a young project.

Excellent
29-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Wrong. Yet again, get your facts right. I did state a number of times that the person who has made the splash page, is not the coder who I am now in partnership with.

Excellent, your wrong. I will be responsible for administration, staffing, documentation, photography, public relations, customer support, product and services planning, lynchpin - to me, that is alot of things to do, and means I would be pulling my weight!

David is a very nice person, who lives a few mins down the road, and who I met via a young project.Basically you're doing what normal staff could do so you should just be staff. Don't go getting technical on me or I will be forced to shank you 7 times in the stomach.

Kardan
29-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Okay, so am I correct in saying you'll be offering people to take part in courses such as photography, yes?

What do they get out of it at the end of the course?

DarrenToogood
29-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I find it very funny that you think its such as laid back job. I have been working from 8.00am - 11.30pm every day this week on this project..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!