PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Scam/Hack via IM

Lost Prophets
29-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Okies well the other day somebody on Instant Messenger chat on Habbo said "Can I DJ on your site?" I didn't know what he was talking about then he said "Your site "helpinghabbo.com" stupid enough that I was I went on the site and in about 5 minutes I kept disconnecting due to somebody logging onto my account, I managed to change the password before they could take any furni.

Redacted
29-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Its phishing.

Fake Client Log In.

ALWAYS look in the address bar, and check it says Habbo.co.uk.

what did you lose?

jesus
29-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Its phishing.

Fake Client Log In.

ALWAYS look in the address bar, and check it says Habbo.co.uk.

what did you lose?

Okies well the other day somebody on Instant Messenger chat on Habbo said "Can I DJ on your site?" I didn't know what he was talking about then he said "Your site "helpinghabbo.com" stupid enough that I was I went on the site and in about 5 minutes I kept disconnecting due to somebody logging onto my account, I managed to change the password before they could take any furni.That 'scam' has been around for quite some time now, people still manage to fall for it though!

Korronos
29-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah, some noob sent me that but didn't try

Jay.
29-05-2008, 07:53 PM
My Freind JUST Now Told Me About That. She Said Ok I'll Visit It But I Just About Stopped Her. Thank You Alot! :o

Lost Prophets
29-05-2008, 08:14 PM
It was wierd because the friend who was telling me to go on the site was actually the hacker? And I was actually speaking to him on msn at the time? So it was wierd.
He lost like 15 throne sofas but didn't lose any norms.

Harry!
01-06-2008, 08:59 AM
your fell for a fake login... just dont add people on msn and use yahoo, honestly this is coming from personal experience gmail and hotmail are the most insecure pieces of trash i have ever seen and this is coming from a guy who has hacked over 30 of these useless emails

Jay.
01-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Lol. I can't use both MSN and habbo anymore. Laggs my computer up cuz i listen to music, look round the forum, play habbo and google random things :D

Bonxy
01-06-2008, 09:35 AM
your fell for a fake login... just dont add people on msn and use yahoo, honestly this is coming from personal experience gmail and hotmail are the most insecure pieces of trash i have ever seen and this is coming from a guy who has hacked over 30 of these useless emails

Gmail is more secure than bloody yahoo

lol

shizzle
01-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Lol this person is trying to phish, fakelogins don't work now, loads of people already know this and only about 30% of the Habbo players fall for this anyway.

Xioup
01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
You'd be surprised how many people fall for phishers. ;)

Mr-Trainor
02-06-2008, 06:17 PM
this is what happened to me saying can i dj for ur site,
i was about to go on it.. but i thought again :D

theres alot of people who will keep asking you about dj'ing but they've stopped now since i didnt fall for it :p

*text removed*

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator): Please do not post links to phish sites, even as a warning.

Monkwrestler
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
so how does this exactly work javascript??? as my sister went on a site and it got here and she didn't even notice

Meanies
02-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Surely thats not a fake login, since he never said he logged in on the site, simply that when he was on the site he kept getting disconnected due to someone else logging into the account, so surely its a session stealer?

Stacker
09-06-2008, 12:26 AM
This person on IM sent out a invite saying "You scammin nub i saw you scam on this site" etc. I just removed him straight away. People scamming these day's! How low can you get. :(

Moh
09-06-2008, 12:44 AM
so how does this exactly work javascript??? as my sister went on a site and it got here and she didn't even notice
Its just a simple php script.
Instead of creating a session, it just inserts your details into a database, or even just emails them to an email. Then it redirects you to a page saying that your d/ced.

Surely thats not a fake login, since he never said he logged in on the site, simply that when he was on the site he kept getting disconnected due to someone else logging into the account, so surely its a session stealer?
I thought they patched that up?
Then again, I think the sessions only last up to 15 mins? As you always have to re authorise to do stuff now :(

Independent
09-06-2008, 03:52 PM
My Freind JUST Now Told Me About That. She Said Ok I'll Visit It But I Just About Stopped Her. Thank You Alot! :o

*text removed*

Lucky enough that you changed your password in time though.

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator): Please do not make irrelevant comments just to bait users into an emotional response.

Ugawa
13-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Someone tried that on me once wen the scam first came out, but luckily enough i noticed it ddn say habbo.co.uk in the bar

XX

Muscroft.
14-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Ouch thats harsh >.< soz to hear.

John!
16-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Its just a simple php script.
Instead of creating a session, it just inserts your details into a database, or even just emails them to an email. Then it redirects you to a page saying that your d/ced.

Nope, It uses javascript to hijack the client window and redirects to a page that says disconnected or logged out and then when you click "ok" there is a fake, phishing page which uses a php script to write your details to a text file.

24-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Its Clever, too bad I fell for one of these sites a year ago, I fell for a more of a session stealing site though.

Daniel2143
29-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Fell for one of these 2 i lost 24 hcs :( which is alot to me

PlERO-PPY
23-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I can't belive you stupid people fall for them these days... That scam came out like 1 year today.. They hacked Ecoutez with it..

Smores
25-07-2008, 07:28 PM
very interesting thread, happened to me once.. except they only took my rares.
it s'ok though :D it wasn't worth much..

but I don't get I was playing habbo then I got disconnected a lot and it said you have logged into a fake computer. then me and the hacker were fighting to get onto the account. but I don't get how he could get my rares so fast and put it in his room quick? I have a lot of rooms and they are scattered everywhere. and I kept logging in so.. yeah

HabboDeck
02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
that happened to me once but it was a reel fansite with a radio just a differnt name and i fell for it :( lost many hcs

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!