PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Lich King

Happyegg
30-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Ok, we are all pretty psyched about the new expansion pack coming soon. But and theres always a but, the new hero class DeathKnight could become too popular. Because if this "Hero Class" Is sooooo great everyone's going to want a peice of it and the world (of warcraft) will be over populated with DeathKnights. From what ive heard they are DPS (Damage per second if you dont know) THEREFORE all our beloved healers will dissapear and we are all... pretty screwed.

Correct me if i'm wrong!
And go with me if i'm right!

Im an Egg...and im happy

Crimson
30-05-2008, 09:59 AM
They're actually, to what i've heard, a hybrid class. They're supposed to be able to tank as well.. But this is only what I've heard from lower WoW forums (basically gossip ones). The original plans were to let them heal.. but then that kinda went against their Lore - so they changed it. :P

By the way; When is it actualy coming out?

Wig44.
30-05-2008, 10:12 AM
It will be balanced and not amazingly op, plus nothing is as op as an ms warrior and a resto dr00d in 2v2.
Also, all the little kiddies will get bored of deathknights and will go back to their nelf hunters and rogues. So it'll go down after a while.

Danzilla
30-05-2008, 10:23 AM
http://www.wow-europe.com/wrath/features.xml
Read about it there, says the death knight is going to be a tank/dps class but also says something about runes so maybe a casting class aswell. It sounds quite imba.

Also, all the little kiddies will get bored of deathknights and will go back to their nelf hunters and rogues. So it'll go down after a while.

How can you say that Will! ;[

Kieran
30-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Well I've just started WoW again so I can start a death night when it comes out xP

Axel
30-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Dark Mending is a heal, maybe Death Knights will get that?

Nemo
30-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Ima wait til the 'greatness' of them has died down. Lvl my 2 (MAYBE 3 by that time omg) to lvl 80, then check em out. Or check out endgame first then that.

Sharpsterz
30-05-2008, 02:16 PM
i think more people will rather get to 80 first

then the lazy ones will start a deathnight

Axel
30-05-2008, 02:30 PM
You have to be 80 to get a Death Knight anyway.

Wig44.
30-05-2008, 02:46 PM
You have to be 80 to get a Death Knight anyway.

Unlocking your Death Knight

The Death Knight is the first hero class in World of Warcraft. This is a second and separate character from your original character and can be created as soon as one of the existing characters in your account reaches level 55. After making a Death Knight, you will not lose the access to any of your existing characters. The Death Knight will start at level 55 in a necropolis floating over the Eastern Plaguelands, with multiple spells and abilities ready to use (including a level 40 equivalent skeletal Deathcharger (http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathcharger) mount). Through the Death Knight-specific quests in this necropolis, the character learns to master the power of the Death Knight and learns to use this new power for their will. Quests will take them outside the necropolis and into an area within the Eastern Plaguelands. They will start with various greens and blues for equipment. [4] (http://www.wowwiki.com/Death_knight#cite_note-WotLKinfo-3)Blizzard is currently exploring various options as to how the Death Knight will play and the types of abilities at its disposal, and they will continue to reveal information about this new class as they get further along in development.
Accounts will be limited to one Death Knight per realm, which will still have to follow the existing PvE/PvP server character creation rules.

So no, the requirements are not a level 80 character.

Axel
30-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok that's just stupid if all level 55s get free Death Knights because there will definately be a Death Knight over population... you should need level 80 at least, and have to do a small but difficult chain of quests.

Wig44.
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Ok that's just stupid if all level 55s get free Death Knights because there will definately be a Death Knight over population... you should need level 80 at least, and have to do a small but difficult chain of quests.

I 100% agree with that, except it should be a long easy chain, because then at 80 you would get more money from the long chain but it would be damn easy :P

Youheard
02-06-2008, 11:01 PM
From what ive heard they are DPS (Damage per second if you dont know) THEREFORE all our beloved healers will dissapear and we are all... pretty screwed.

Yes, I'm going to stop playing a char and spec I love playing so I can get an insta level 55 and never EVER heal anything again in my life...

Ok.

Hiro
03-06-2008, 09:26 AM
TBC destroyed WoW.
This will make it worse, I can't believe most of you are still into this game.
It was fun for the 2 years I wasted on it.

Danzilla
03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
"Its was fun" So it wasn't really time wasted if you enjoyed it.

Charles
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
TBC destroyed WoW.
This will make it worse, I can't believe most of you are still into this game.
It was fun for the 2 years I wasted on it.

Considering I joined in December '06 and was around level 30 at the release of TBC, I don't really care whether it 'destroyed' WoW or not. I'm really enjoying it, so QQ about 'wasting' 2 years on it.

Hiro
03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Considering I joined in December '06 and was around level 30 at the release of TBC, I don't really care whether it 'destroyed' WoW or not. I'm really enjoying it, so QQ about 'wasting' 2 years on it.

And then you get people like this that are immature about my opinion, once again, thanks for being a fine example of how bad the atmosphere of this forum is.
You can carry this on if you like, but I'm not going to take it any further.
Thanks for the reply, I QQ'd for about 1 minute after I quit.
Blizzard need to learn how to make balanced classes and not give in to the people that moan (mainly rogues about warlocks).
Warlocks were one of the best classes to play, rogues soon destroyed that.

And daz, I guess it is sort of an oxymoron me saying that, but it was fun, until TBC came out, Kara, Gruul's lair etc.
Call me old fashioned, but I loved ZG, MC, BWL, NX, OL, AQ20 & 40.

But yeah, have fun.

leah
03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Play nicely dan ;o

Danzilla
03-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Oh and another thing, this forum doesn't have a bad atmosphere, everyone one is really friendly it's just you came out the blue with "I can't believe you still play this game" people don't like it. You wouldn't like it if i turned around to you and said I can't believe you still like Hero's. Not be horrible or anything, thats just proberly why you got a negative reply.

Wig44.
03-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh and another thing, this forum doesn't have a bad atmosphere, everyone one is really friendly it's just you came out the blue with "I can't believe you still play this game" people don't like it. You wouldn't like it if i turned around to you and said I can't believe you still like Hero's. Not be horrible or anything, thats just proberly why you got a negative reply.

That's exactly what I was going to say hiro, but dan beat me to it :)

Charles
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM

Too right. Then I get this **** calling me immature when I expressed my opinion about his views? Oh I forgot, attempting to counter someones argument is a big no-no on forums nowadays.

Oh and also how the heck do I show how this forum has a bad atmosphere? I barely make two posts a day.

Hiro
03-06-2008, 05:14 PM

I wouldn't care if you said that. People say that to me irl and I don't smack them in their face, I just say why I like it.
But if it was WoW, I'd say why I hated it too, yeah I guess I was out of hand, so yeah.. =/
@ Charles; Well telling me to QQ and now calling me a ****, sort of is being immature when I haven't said anything insulting to you?

at least you don't give -rep for someone giving their opinion..

Charles
03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't say calling someone a **** as immature. Nor would saying QQ- which if i'm wrong, means cry more, which is exactly what you were doing in that post.

''This will make it worse, I can't believe most of you are still into this game.''

Then there's that, you're addressing the users of this subforum using ''you'' as if you're mocking us. Therefore I had a right to challenge your views, and I did.

Ichig0
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
... WOOOOOOOO WRATH OF THE LICH KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!