PDA

View Full Version : Is Powerleveling + Gold Buying WRONG!?

Happyegg
30-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Theres one question thats been going along for a looonnng time and that is "Is Powerleveling + Gold Buying Wrong!? Some people dont have much time on there hands to farm like some people so they Buy WoW Gold to help them. Whats wrong with that? Its there discision they choose what they do.
But of course WoW buying and powerleveling is against the WoW Rules so if you are caught you will probably be banned. And half the time it can be a scam, Is there anyone you can trust? Tell me what you think.

PS: Im not saying i have done any of the above so dont go pointing fingers, im asking a question and thats it!

Wig44.
30-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Unbalances the game, funds chinese organisations that steal accounts they have been paid to level and then sell those accounts, credit card fraud and getting accounts banned because they use a bot to powerlevel.

Yes they do steal credit card details.

Danzilla
30-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Powerleveling i would say yes.
I have brought gold before, when i first ever started the game but i do think is wrong (hypercritical i know).
If people don't have time to level and farm, or they knew they wouldn't as they have a busy lifestyle, then they shouldn't of brought the game in the first place. ;]

Crimson
30-05-2008, 10:15 AM
It kiiinda ***** up the servers economy. (Gold buying that is). LOADS of people buy gold from my server.. it costs me like 50g to buy a primal life.. whereas on other servers it's like 30g...

Axel
30-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I think it's wrong.. it's a game so it's meant to be played, it's as stupid as buying a game and letting someone else complete it for you... not as fun as it could be. Some people argue that 'they don't have enough time to make the gold/get the levels themselves' which is completely invalid excuse because as Dan said if you don't have the time, you shouldn't be playing this game.

TehJoshy
30-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Its up to the player at the end of the day. if they want to do it then its there choice!
just need to watch out for blizzard and there ban sticks :D

mat64
30-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I buy gold quite alot, it's cheap and saves me alot of time ingame I could be using to do other things. It's very rare that Blizzard ban anyone for gold buying, as it's really up to Blizzard to stop gold selling in the first place so people been able to buy gold just shows they aren't doing as good job as they should be doing. I don't buy powerleveling because the risk is too high and it ends in tragedy too often, most powerlevelers will just stick your character on a glider anyway and why should I pay someone to do something I could easily do myself?

Some people argue that 'they don't have enough time to make the gold/get the levels themselves' which is completely invalid excuse because as Dan said if you don't have the time, you shouldn't be playing this game.I don't think that's a very fair comment really, people are busy with things other than WoW. They have jobs, families and other tasks they need to do as a higher priority over WoW. Saying if you don't have the time don't play at all isn't really fair, if your paying for something on a regular basis you should be able to enjoy the game to the full and if that means buying gold instead of doing the various tasks needed to gather it, then so be it.

Danzilla
30-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree yet disagree at the above comment.
I go out a hell of alot and i have school and GCSE's at the moment so i don't get on much but i still manage to make a good amount of gold.

Infrontation
30-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Gold buying promotes gold spammers, gold spammers fuel my hate, hate is not what i play world of warcraft for.

Axel
30-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't think that's a very fair comment really, people are busy with things other than WoW. They have jobs, families and other tasks they need to do as a higher priority over WoW. Saying if you don't have the time don't play at all isn't really fair, if your paying for something on a regular basis you should be able to enjoy the game to the full and if that means buying gold instead of doing the various tasks needed to gather it, then so be it.

Yes most people have jobs and families but they still find the time to get some money for themself, it doesn't take long at all to do a few dailies for cash. And you won't need thousands of gold unless you're buying epics, but you could just save up. Buying gold is just cheating no matter how you look at it.

mat64
30-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I suppose your right, but that doesn't make me see it as wrong. I don't think gold buying/selling has a as large impact on servers as some people make out. Auction house prices etc can fluctuate for a large number of reasons and most of the time it's little or nothing to do with gold buying/selling. Fair enough it's cheating I suppose. The way I see it is I could spend a good amount of time getting the 1000g I need for something or I could just spend that spare £10 I have and have the gold to me within the hour, I don't have any other plans on what to spend that £10 on, so why shouldn't I spend it on something that would enhance my experience?

Ichig0
30-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, why shouldn't people buy gold that'll allow them to pay for things on the AH that other players have to work hard for? :rolleyes:

micky.blue.eyes
31-05-2008, 02:36 PM
In my eyes it's just plain cheating. You're getting stuff in a couple of minutes while others have to work days for it to get it.
It's like sleeping with your boss to get a promotion. :P

Axel
31-05-2008, 03:07 PM

You would know all about that wouldn't you Micky!

Bailey
31-05-2008, 03:20 PM
In my eyes it's just plain cheating. You're getting stuff in a couple of minutes while others have to work days for it to get it.

micky, shush. I only slept with you for a boost!

micky.blue.eyes
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
You would know all about that wouldn't you Micky!
:eusa_ange

micky, shush. I only slept with you for a boost!

I'm not your boss though, I'm your master. ;)

Gnome
03-06-2008, 10:43 PM
no, its kk and gdgd. I buy gold allot, Who cares, saves me time. Ive got pl once, wont do it again though. You gotta fun the little chinese people energy drinks addiction somehow.

Wig44.
04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
no, its kk and gdgd. I buy gold allot, Who cares, saves me time. Ive got pl once, wont do it again though. You gotta fun the little chinese people energy drinks addiction somehow.

As I found, farming isn't that hard and doesn't have to be boring, so quit wasting money and farm ... 1 hour a day would get you a few primals which tend to sell for 25 - 35g (Waters, I mean) And leveling is NOT hard, but you need to plan zones so you don't end up thinking **** where do I go I'm stuck and it can get boring but usually i you get past a few levels it gets fun again, new zones, spells etc.

Gnome
04-06-2008, 05:42 PM
As I found, farming isn't that hard and doesn't have to be boring, so quit wasting money and farm ... 1 hour a day would get you a few primals which tend to sell for 25 - 35g (Waters, I mean) And leveling is NOT hard, but you need to plan zones so you don't end up thinking **** where do I go I'm stuck and it can get boring but usually i you get past a few levels it gets fun again, new zones, spells etc.

Yeah, but i cba doing with that, and i needed a few items from AH speedily, so i buy it when i need it asap.

Wig44.
04-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, but i cba doing with that, and i needed a few items from AH speedily, so i buy it when i need it asap.

Then you are a lazy ****

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!