PDA

View Full Version : Anouncments forum

Decode
30-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Threads like "Falling furni - massive success" and "fridgeraces today at 7pm" should be posted in the Habbo events forum, just because its a habbox event it doesnt mean it should be in the anouncments forum. http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50.

The Anouncments forum should be for forum anouncments only!

jesus
30-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Or maybe they shouldn't even post things like this - it should bt for forum announcements only, and do the 'events' either in another forum on on the Habbox site.

On the other hand, you could just click the announcements forum and view them all their, or find them on 'new posts'.

It doesn't bother me to be honest.

e5
30-05-2008, 11:17 AM
There should be a section under Announcements called events where the staff post their events.

---MAD---
30-05-2008, 11:21 AM
In all honesty, I don't see the difficulty in clicking to view the announcement forum then clicking the threads that interest you?

Plank
30-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I think this is a good idea because most important announcements get pushed down by other ones which have information on name changes, people resigning, events etc (which arent that important).

Blinger1
30-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Is it just a coincidence that all the events are successes?

MissAlice
01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=481967

I do wish management would take some action on this subject ;)

---MAD---
01-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I am trying to think of a way to split it.

How about "Management Announcements" where announcements by (A)GMs only are made. So managerial promotions, major changes on the site/forum/radio and other important things can be posted. We could also post job openings in here.

Habbox Announcements - For events, competitions, shows, staff hiring.

I just thought of that quickly there may be some other stuff I forgot to list that are announced often..

Alexicles.
01-06-2008, 11:58 AM
In all honesty, I don't see the difficulty in clicking to view the announcement forum then clicking the threads that interest you?

Exactely, it's easier to have it all in one place so you're not clicking about all over the place when you need to find things fast. :)

JackBuddy
01-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Why don't events staff have their own forum for people who actually care about if it was a success or not.

Bomb-Head
01-06-2008, 12:03 PM
I agree.

Having different announcement forums would be time consuming. If you want to only see certain announcement then it's not hard to open the announcement forum and just not read the ones you don't want to :S

MissAlice
01-06-2008, 12:03 PM

How about "Management Announcements" where announcements by (A)GMs only are made. So managerial promotions, major changes on the site/forum/radio and other important things can be posted. We could also post job openings in here.

I just thought of that quickly there may be some other stuff I forgot to list that are announced often..

Fantastic thinking ;)

Decode
01-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Yeah, that would be good :)

Test:Tube:Baby
01-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Is it just a coincidence that all the events are successes?
Very good point :P

Much better idea! I hate it when threads I want to read get pushed down by unimportant things like events. Having 2 forums would make it a lot easier.

Galaxay
01-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Never seen the use for events being posted in there, not as if one of the staff are going to post

"Falling furni - absolutely terrible outcome"

"The habbox falling furni at 6PM today was absolutely terrible 4 people turned up and no-one got a prize cos i was appauled wif da outcome"

8-)

And tbh who cares if its a good outcome?

Con
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Exactly

I think this is a good idea because most important announcements get pushed down by other ones which have information on name changes, people resigning, events etc (which arent that important).
But like MAD said, If you care that much about the announcements surely its not too much trouble to click 'Announcements' and then click an announcement that interests you.

Suppose that could work :)

Much better idea! I hate it when threads I want to read get pushed down by unimportant things like events. Having 2 forums would make it a lot easier.
I bet'cha wouldn't be saying that if it were one of your Productions teams announcements? :P

JackBuddy
01-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I agree.

Having different announcement forums would be time consuming. If you want to only see certain announcement then it's not hard to open the announcement forum and just not read the ones you don't want to :S
Well the majority of people just look at the top thread from the accouncements forum index, meaing people sometimes miss out on important information. People shouldn't really need to scan through a countless number of events to find out important information.

MissAlice
01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I think splitting it down into two will benefit everyone, so when events are announced they won't be pushed down by an annoucement that is forum related only, and vice versa. Surely it's beneficial all round :)

---MAD---
01-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Why don't events staff have their own forum for people who actually care about if it was a success or not.
Some people obviously do or else no-one would be reading them ;). As you can see by the thread views, some people do care which is why they are even announced in the first place.

I may set that up later on but I will wait to see if there are any other thoughts/feedback regarding it :).

Inseriousity.
01-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Where are all the events gone anyway? Were they told not to announce them?

I think the two forums would work and as Alice rightly said, it's a win-win situtation for everyone :)

Plank
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM

I like this idea.

01-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I bet'cha wouldn't be saying that if it were one of your Productions teams announcements? :P

My god, you're right!
The Productions team would be forced to post their shows in a crappy little subforum that no-one will read because no-one will care about it!

Scrap my last post, I now think it's a terrible idea.

Judas
01-06-2008, 03:59 PM
"Falling furni - absolutely terrible outcome"

"The habbox falling furni at 6PM today was absolutely terrible 4 people turned up and no-one got a prize cos i was appauled wif da outcome"

And tbh who cares if its a good outcome?

That made me giggle.

Bomb-Head
01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Where are all the events gone anyway? Were they told not to announce them?

Nope

A lot of the staff are away due to exams :P Events will pick up again in June

Shawnstra
01-06-2008, 11:23 PM

Yep, it would be much easier. Therefore in this way, I can view all the important announcements. I, like many others I think, only go to the announcements forum when I see something in the "latest post" which I see that interest me. With this, there should be less posts in the management announcements which can help. :)

Catzsy
02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
What about:

1. Announcements - all items posted here should be considered important enough to be kept in archive. EG. Staff hirings and firings, management announcements etc

2. Habbox Notice Board - For all things that are fairly transient in nature such
as events, competitions, Job Openings, etc which are important at the time
but not in the long term. These could be then be cleared out monthly, perhaps.

The Professor
02-06-2008, 05:22 PM
If a split like that were to happen, it would be up for debate as to what would be included in which section. Personally, I think only changes in management and changes to the forum/habbox should be posted in the announcements part, because they're the sort of information that people seem to want easy access to. But the inclusion of staff hirings/firings and job openings could be seen as important to some people, but not others. I'd suggest a poll to find out what people consider "important" news.

MissAlice
02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
What about:

1. Announcements - all items posted here should be considered important enough to be kept in archive. EG. Staff hirings and firings, management announcements etc

2. Habbox Notice Board - For all things that are fairly transient in nature such
as events, competitions, Job Openings, etc which are important at the time
but not in the long term. These could be then be cleared out monthly, perhaps.

Yeah that's not a bad split. I think what's really important is the split is made up of announcements that should be read, and easy to find and re-read at any time without having to hunt, for example anything that effects every member of the forum, such as rule changes, new features and major changes to the site, radio and forum, and separated from announcements that could be of interest to members.

Jin
02-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Announcements should be for ALL announcements to be fair, just because it is on the forum doesnt mean it should be exclusive to only forum information.

I view habboxforum.com as just the community of habbox.com, not as a separate site. I agree that the success of the events isnt something that should go in announcements (lets face it we probably will never see "fallin furni a great flop!")

But events should be on the announcements I believe they are actually what causes them to be noticed more. Considering its also a Habbox event why should it not receive more publicity than other habbo events on our forums.

Catzsy
02-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Announcements should be for ALL announcements to be fair, just because it is on the forum doesnt mean it should be exclusive to only forum information.

I view habboxforum.com as just the community of habbox.com, not as a separate site. I agree that the success of the events isnt something that should go in announcements (lets face it we probably will never see "fallin furni a great flop!")

But events should be on the announcements I believe they are actually what causes them to be noticed more. Considering its also a Habbox event why should it not receive more publicity than other habbo events on our forums.

I don't see that having two separate categories of 'announcements' would effect this much.

What happens now is that sometimes a big change in rules or procedure is lost because there are just so many announcements.

Events are very important to Habbox I agree and the announcement of an event could get lost as well. I am not sure that 'results' of events are very important to the members but is a good way of checking whether or not the event has actually taken place with the screenshot. In that way it is a management tool.

Habbox is a big forum and site and anything that helps it work smarter not harder is bound to help. With the suggestion either staff or members would be able decide what's important to them and it would also be much easier to refer back to a topic when one wants to.

Galaxay
03-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Because important announcements get hidden by unimportant ones.

I mean i doubt most people on this forum could give two poops if the Hx event had a good turnout, or if theres a special show on etc.

Where most of us need to see the proper ones (forum downtime, updates, etc)

For the reason of utter crap being posted on announcements i rarely view them as its a waste of time as the majority of it is 5 new people hired and 3 events had a great turnout with 2 stickied threads.

MissAlice
03-06-2008, 07:38 PM

I view habboxforum.com as just the community of habbox.com, not as a separate site.I agree that the success of the events isnt something that should go in announcements (lets face it we probably will never see "fallin furni a great flop!")

I think you are missing the whole point of this topic jin, and as management you probably know more or less what important changes will be announced, so you need to view this from a members point of view and not from the position you hold at Habbox.

I totally agree with you that all announcements should be posted in Announcements and no one is saying they shouldn't.

What we are trying to highlight here, is that there are threads which I and other members consider to be of greater importance, threads that include changes to habbox.com and that does include the site, forum and radio, because these threads do have a tendency to get buried and you only need to be away a couple of days, probably less before that important thread gets buried even further amongst every other announcement made. Splitting announcements would give all round benefits, providing there were two types of Announcements. One for announcements that should be read, and the other for those that could be read as in my previous post.

Also, no one wants to deny the Articles, Competitions, Events, HxHD, News or Productions Managers, the opportunity of posting what's important to promote habbox. We just want a better way! These departments wouldn't suffer if what's been proposed were to happen.

We aren't demanding anything here, we are simply asking for some way of improving the announcements to be considered, which should benefit everyone.

Meanies
05-06-2008, 09:47 PM
It seems our prayers have been answered!

Catzsy
06-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes and a good move :D

e5
06-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Looks like this idea has been implemented. I'm glad to see so :).

MissAlice
06-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Very pleased :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!