PDA

View Full Version : Paypal actually on website-Help anyone?

RLY-CRAIG?
20-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I need some help to actually make something buyuable via the website-I log into Paypal and get the generated code,paste it into Microsoft Front Page,upload it onto File Manger and then all I see is the Code-No paypal Buy it now icon!

Anyone able to help?

Steven.
20-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Hmm... on FrontPage where are you paste'ing it onto, on the "Normal" tab or "html" tab, if it's on the normal tab, paste it under the <head> section of the html tab and where you want the button. if it's under the html tab, i dont have a clue.. and this is where Mentor comes in :pThanks, Steven.

RLY-CRAIG?
20-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Okay Thanks Steven-I may have to ask Mentor! :p

Mentor
20-06-2005, 10:56 AM
front page, alwasy making sure it manges to mess everyrthing up, will try and rewrite parts of your code, so it only works with ie, this usealy destroys codeing you may have copyed from else where, esplay if it needs to be very persific, liek paypal probaly does. best bet is open the page you want it on in note pad, and do it threw that, athogh make sure the page type supports it, as im not sure, but it may want to use, php, ssi or somthing like that "/

RLY-CRAIG?
20-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Okay Thanks Mentor-So what exact programme shall I us? Will something like Microsoft Word be okay? Or will I need to use something else?

Steven.
20-06-2005, 11:03 AM
*Cough* I told you he would say all techie stuff, lmao!, does that do the same with Dreamweaver? (Mentor)

iRoss
20-06-2005, 02:21 PM
No. Dreamweaver is more advanced. To get riund frontpage messing up the code. Just copy and paste into a notepad document. Then copy and paste again into the frontpage HTML tag :)

Mentor
20-06-2005, 02:32 PM
No. Dreamweaver is more advanced. To get riund frontpage messing up the code. Just copy and paste into a notepad document. Then copy and paste again into the frontpage HTML tag :)
Thats rougly what i was going to say, athogh id probly recommend not taking it in to front page at all.

Just past it in in note pad, and save as the correct name and doc type

in notepad just save as the name and exstention, but in speach marks so it doesnt add .txt to the end.

iRoss
20-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes true. It's weird. It adds really weird tags and messes up the whole code :-z Dam frontpage. I use it because i can't afford dreamweaver x)

Anderman
20-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Same here ;)

RLY-CRAIG?
21-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I put the coding of the Buy it Now icon onto a Notepad page,then on front page put a link to the Notepad page and then uploaded both but still it just shows up as all the coding and not a buy it now!

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Steven.
21-06-2005, 01:06 PM
you need to do "FileName".htm/html as it will just show as a normal Notepad writing.. rember to have "WordWrap" off in Notepad too.

RLY-CRAIG?
22-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Please can someone tell me how to exactly fill these in-

File Type:
Save as Type:
Encoding:

Also as Steven said turning Word Wrap off how do I do this?

Many Thanks

Mentor
22-06-2005, 03:03 PM
File Type: .htm .php .shtml
Save as Type: .htm .php .shtml

what ever you like "/

Encoding:

doesnt usealy matter but Western (ISO-8859-1) should do "/

RLY-CRAIG?
22-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks Mentor :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!