PDA

View Full Version : windows 7

blanky12!
01-06-2008, 10:40 AM
will it be built from scratch?

What do you think it'll be like? I personalyl can't wait, they say it'll be the best OS ever.

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Considering milestone 1 looks like a copy of Vista, I reckon it may be built using parts of vista...

xxMATTGxx
01-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Didn't they say Vista was going to be the best OS ever, well that went down the drain didn't it. Oh well, It be interesting to see what Windows put in this so called 'Windows 7' but I still be sticking with Leopard for the time being.

Stephen!
01-06-2008, 10:49 AM
No it won't. they've already announced that it's going to be built on the same kernel code as vista was. So don't expect anything exceptional until Windows 8 or 9.

Hayd93
01-06-2008, 10:50 AM
will it be built from scratch?

What do you think it'll be like? I personalyl can't wait, they say it'll be the best OS ever.

They said that about vista. Then apple totally owned them with osx leopard.

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Didn't they say Vista was going to be the best OS ever, well that went down the drain didn't it. Oh well, It be interesting to see what Windows put in this so called 'Windows 7' but I still be sticking with Leopard for the time being.

Microsoft have dissapointed me once to many times! I am getting a mac after GCSEs but will be keeping my desktop as a XP just cos I love XP and so I can do all the Pc things I love :)

No it won't. they've already announced that it's going to be built on the same kernel code as vista was. So don't expect anything exceptional until Windows 8 or 9.

Exactly it even looks the same so far...

Agreed.

Hayd93
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Microsoft have dissapointed me once to many times! I am getting a mac after GCSEs but will be keeping my desktop as a XP just cos I love XP and so I can do all the Pc things I love :)

Exactly it even looks the same so far...

Agreed.

You could always use bootcamp on the mac ? I have a mate who does that for corel draw because we use it in tech. And it runs verry well.

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Yea but I love my desktop :P

Jamesy
01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqDQ0wUcSPQ

Well here's the first official video of it.

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 11:23 AM
It looks stupid! No jokes the whole touch screen thing is pretty odd... I mean everytime you zoom it rotates... Weird...

N!ck
01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Well Vista looked exactly the same as XP in the earlier stages of development. They concentrate on pretty much everything else before they do the GUI.

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Well Vista looked exactly the same as XP in the earlier stages of development. They concentrate on pretty much everything else before they do the GUI.

True but it is still based on the same kernel, they are turning into linux! :O lol jokes, They should have kept it like XP, XP still is better IMO than Vista :P

Agnostic Bear
01-06-2008, 11:33 AM

... which is still a pile of crap.

Recursion
01-06-2008, 11:35 AM
It looks stupid! No jokes the whole touch screen thing is pretty odd... I mean everytime you zoom it rotates... Weird...

Not really, it's just like the iPod Touch but in PC form? :S

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 11:35 AM
... which is still a pile of crap.

Shall we just agree that ALL OS systems annoy us! except Linux which I actually quite like :8

Not really, it's just like the iPod Touch but in PC form? :S - EDIT: I meant that the whole it rotates :S it would annoy me :P the zooming thing I have nothing against :)

blanky12!
01-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Shall we just agree that ALL OS systems annoy us! except Linux which I actually quite like :8

- EDIT: I meant that the whole it rotates :S it would annoy me :P the zooming thing I have nothing against :)
I like linux! It's aright actually. I can't wait until windows 7 I wnat to know if they're re-building all there programs

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 11:39 AM
LINUX FTW! lol If Microsoft pull it off then I will love them but atm they are not in my goodbooks as vista ruined my life :O lol

GommeInc
01-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Hmmm, now that's weird because I prefer Vista to XP :P It deals with things alot better than XP ever did in my opinion and it does loads more things OS/X does for my needs, like when you browse music files the details appear at the bottom of the window, so you don't need iTunes or WMP to play around with details to edit them. Plus my XP PC crashed loads more times than this Vista PC, and this PC only crashed when I forgot to plug everything back in properly :P

Linux is just generally a better OS than both of them :P

Recursion
01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
LINUX FTW! lol If Microsoft pull it off then I will love them but atm they are not in my goodbooks as vista ruined my life :O lol

OSX if it had the software functionality of Windows.
Linux if it had the software functionality of Windows.
Windows if it had the hardware compatibility of Linux.

Vista is infact better than XP, physically Security wise, and also Memory Management wise.

Johno
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Im just annoyed with the fact they arent using a new kernel, I still use XP and it does me fine.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37639/140/

.:; Johno

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Hmmm, now that's weird because I prefer Vista to XP :P It deals with things alot better than XP ever did in my opinion and it does loads more things OS/X does for my needs, like when you browse music files the details appear at the bottom of the window, so you don't need iTunes or WMP to play around with details to edit them. Plus my XP PC crashed loads more times than this Vista PC, and this PC only crashed when I forgot to plug everything back in properly :P

Linux is just generally a better OS than both of them :P I have to opposite problem :S lol my XP never crashes but my Vista always does haha...

OSX if it had the software functionality of Windows.
Linux if it had the software functionality of Windows.

Vista is infact better than XP, physically Security wise, and also Memory Management wise.

Yea my laptop (Vista) just sucks hardwarewise compared to my Desktop(XP) lol

GommeInc
01-06-2008, 05:19 PM
I have to opposite problem :S lol my XP never crashes but my Vista always does haha...
It's probably me treating it better, and the specs are very good compared to the XP one :P

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Ahh my laptop came with a fault, but Microsoft refuse to fix it because I downloaded limewire and they blame that :O which is ******* stupid, the sly dogs!

Agnostic Bear
01-06-2008, 06:31 PM

Are you serious? Linux's hardware compatibility is **** compared to Windows.

Stephen!
01-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Ahh my laptop came with a fault, but Microsoft refuse to fix it because I downloaded limewire and they blame that :O which is ******* stupid, the sly dogs!

Why would Microsoft fix your laptop?

Recursion
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Are you serious? Linux's hardware compatibility is **** compared to Windows.

I mean as in will work on old hardware, new hardware, a wide range of hardware, for example, XP on my old computer runs like a dog, but Ubuntu runs beautifully, much like OSX Leopard, it will still work on the crappiest of Macs.

blanky12!
01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
my vista runs perfect on one core + 2gb of ram (amd 3400+)

DaveTaylor
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Actually dan linux supports alot of hardware but you have to configure it yourself, unlike on windows where it does it automatically for you.

Kieran
01-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Windows 7 is intended to be everything Vista was meant to be. Its going to be built on the same kernel as vista and require the same hardware specs to run it, but it's meant to be faster etc..

blanky12!
01-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Windows 7 is intended to be everything Vista was meant to be. Its going to be built on the same kernel as vista and require the same hardware specs to run it, but it's meant to be faster etc..
hopefully, won't be that much requirement.

-Eyeless-
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
It is a problem with Vista apparently, so they should replace it (the vista) but they won't becuase I downloaded limewire and some other programs that they use as an excuse that my vista is messed up...

Stephen!
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Actually dan linux supports alot of hardware but you have to configure it yourself, unlike on windows where it does it automatically for you.

And that's why i don't like it.

I don't want to have to type in all that -su crap for about 20 minutes just to install some video card drivers.

blanky12!
01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
And that's why i don't like it.

I don't want to have to type in all that -su crap for about 20 minutes just to install some video card drivers.
don't ubuntu install them auto?

Stephen!
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
don't ubuntu install them auto?

No. I've tried Ubuntu and OpenSUSE and they both required me to go into the CLI to install the drivers. Which meant i couldn't check on the internet for what I was supposed to be typing so it took a lifetime.

Recursion
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
My Ubuntu install always propts me asking to install graphics drivers... :|

And VT-700 you can easily reinstall Vista :rolleyes:

Tomm
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Frankly I don't really see the point of all the multi touch crap. Do I really want to touch some screen to resize my photos - no. I have something much more effective and sensitive and its called a mouse.

Nick.
03-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Frankly I don't really see the point of all the multi touch crap. Do I really want to touch some screen to resize my photos - no. I have something much more effective and sensitive and its called a mouse.
... and finger print proof.

MrPinkPanther
03-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I agreed but I think using my iPod touch has change my mind on that, if its photos then its pointless and gimmiky but if you are searching the web then its easier and eventually I think on screen keyboards will be after you get used to them. It just makes everything easier if you dont need mice or keyboards aslong as its done properly.

-Eyeless-
05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
And VT-700 you can easily reinstall Vista :rolleyes:

It came with it! So why would I cough up a load of money to install it again? Or go through the whole process of backing up my hardrive, then reformating my computer etc? Don't assume you know what the problem is :)

Recursion
11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
It came with it! So why would I cough up a load of money to install it again? Or go through the whole process of backing up my hardrive, then reformating my computer etc? Don't assume you know what the problem is :)

You do realise reinstalling Vista is free :S

-Eyeless-
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
How when it came with the laptop?

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Windows 7 looks like it is just built on top of Vista with Windows Surface (multitouch) integration.

Recursion
11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
You get disks with the Laptop?

Windows 7 is currently in development, they always use the last operating system's GUI while they build the new one.

GommeInc
12-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I am sure XP can be used on touch screens... Instead of a mouse, you click start etc. The only problem is that the screen on recognises it as a left click, no right click option. Personally, the mouse is better than the hand "/

Stephen!
12-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I was going to download the alpha build, but i decided not to. Couldn't be bothered

Thought you'd like to know.

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 04:58 PM
You get disks with the Laptop?

Windows 7 is currently in development, they always use the last operating system's GUI while they build the new one.

Nope :(

lol I would like to know what Windows seven is like but I am going to the darkside for my laptop... Mac :)

Desktop will still be pc for all my other stuff :P

Recursion
12-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Their cookies are terrible btw.

LOL Thought I had to post this :P

Have fun with that Mac :)

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Their cookies are terrible btw.

LOL Thought I had to post this :P

Have fun with that Mac :)

Best Cookies in the world actually.

Agnostic Bear
13-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Best Cookies in the world actually.

More like cookies with no dough, kinda useless. ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!