PDA

View Full Version : Carphone Warehouse - I hate you!!

TidgyPie
01-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Right,

November i bought a new phone and i got a years free warranty, so about 2 months ago it started playing up, freezing alot, turning off etc. I took it back and they said yeah we will repair it come back in a hour. So i forgot and 6 weeks later i went back and it STILL wasnt done, so i got angry. they said come back tommorow. So i did, recived the phone got in the car drove home. Charged it up, turnt it on and it was EVEN WORSE then when i sent it back.

Do you reckon i should ask for my money back, and start a argument in the shop?

Cause i am really peed off.

=/

Davii
01-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Just ask for a replacement?

blanky12!
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
wen i took my phone back i got a nokia 6110 or something it was a brike, i forgot to pick my phone up lol.

N!ck
01-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Just go in and say repairs don't seem to be working as it's getting worse and ask for a completely new one.

TidgyPie
01-06-2008, 09:18 PM
The phone is crap anyway, im just gonna demand a new one. =]

Hazza
01-06-2008, 09:28 PM
How can you forget to go back for 6 weeks? :S

Javascrypt
01-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Right,

November i bought a new phone and i got a years free warranty, so about 2 months ago it started playing up, freezing alot, turning off etc. I took it back and they said yeah we will repair it come back in a hour. So i forgot and 6 weeks later i went back and it STILL wasnt done, so i got angry. they said come back tommorow. So i did, recived the phone got in the car drove home. Charged it up, turnt it on and it was EVEN WORSE then when i sent it back.

Do you reckon i should ask for my money back, and start a argument in the shop?

Cause i am really peed off.

=/

FIGHT! YAY! Get money back.

Leetzgirl
01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
How can you forget to go back for 6 weeks? :S

This story sucks....

No way he can forget it for 2 days max. ^_^

Breakfloor
01-06-2008, 09:35 PM
i infact forgot my camera for two weeks.

GommeInc
01-06-2008, 10:31 PM
i infact forgot my camera for two weeks.
A phone is more of an accessory than a camera is, everyone has a phone and most people can't live without one, especially not for 6 months!

HotelUser
01-06-2008, 10:51 PM
A phone is more of an accessory than a camera is, everyone has a phone and most people can't live without one, especially not for 6 months!

Not 6 months, 6 weeks. My phone (collecting dust at the moment), a 2 year old RAZR is probably deactivated by now due to inactivity (payasyougo plan). I'm quite comfortable with using other people's phones to call others, it's more free (I never liked text messaging). If I took my phone in for repairs, I'd probably forget about it.

Instead of buying a new phone with a new plan, I'm going to be getting this:
http://www.mjtcommunications.com/assets/images/oqo3.jpg
re-imagine with XP, and purchasing a DATA plan to use with the EVDO compatible SIM slot on the device.

Moh
01-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Don't start an argument, as that just won't get you anywhere.

Just simply say I brought this in to be repaired and I got it back in a worse state. Is it possible for a replacement or for it to be sent back to the manufacture?

If they say no, just simply ask to talk to the manager.

Thats the only way you can get your own way :)

scott
01-06-2008, 11:30 PM
oo, my phone broke and i went to take it back to get fixed and for some reason they decided they couldnt send it away to get fixed. So i went to the o2 shop to get a new phone, got a new phone and they also got my other one fixed for me :)!

:job2
02-06-2008, 06:51 AM
This is what you need to say to them:

'I came in to get my phone repaired and was told it would be ready in a week, 7 WEEKS later I finally get my phone back to find your technicians have made it worse than it was before' Then they will ask you what you would like to do about it and you should tell them 'I want a replacement handset, I cant risk having this problem again'

If they say they cannot replace the handset they are lying! Because you were already having problems and have had it repaired once you could say that the product is not suitable for its use, by law this means the company HAVE to either refund you the full price paid in CASH (not store credit, well unless you paid in vouchers) or replace the handset.

Good luck with it :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!