PDA

View Full Version : Geography GCSE On Wednesday

splatttt
02-06-2008, 05:02 PM
So i really need some help. Is anyone doing geography and have any links/notes on the case studies for the DME paper?
Im stuck as i have missed most of the lessons involving case studies argh.
And is the DME paper on wed? Or is it the other paper.
Thanks! ;)

Coldplay
02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
DME?

Whats your exam board lol?

Paper 1 for my exam board (AQA) is Plates (Volc & EQ's), Rivers and Coasts.

Jay.
02-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I've done my whole humanities ;) You could check out www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize (http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize)

They have alot for GCSE. :P

splatttt
03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
hm you know.. im really not sure :s
oooh mines OCR lol.

hmmph
i really dont know ;l

Meanies
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
DME?

Whats your exam board lol?

Paper 1 for my exam board (AQA) is Plates (Volc & EQ's), Rivers and Coasts.

and key skills.

I really should revise case studies. ah well.

splatttt
03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
same same.
do you do OCR or what?

Georgia
03-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Ive got mine tomorrow, plates, rivers , rocks & key skills

Im sure we havn't learnt coasts.. do we have to do that? :S

Meanies
03-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Ive got mine tomorrow, plates, rivers , rocks & key skills

Im sure we havn't learnt coasts.. do we have to do that? :S

You should only have to learn 3 things. Some schools learn more in order to give them more choice on the questions. My class learnt Rocks, Coasts, Plate Tectonics and Rivers. The other class didn't learn Rivers. Its up to what the teacher wishes to teach you tbh.

My boards AQA :$

Ugawa
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah i got the geography GCSE tomoz, i went to a revision class for it today and i officially realised i have no idea what i'm doing.

I fort new zealand was in england and i'm not even joking. I've never been good with maps :l

I really should of paid attention the last 2 years in lesson :(

Nyway i fink bitesize is a good one for revision

XX

Inseriousity.
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
My Geog. Teacher says if a student does all the topics, they take your best three but obviously, you should just spend more time on the things you've been taught...

Maps, Coasts, Rivers, Glaciers - AQA. :D

Edit: I prefer Human Geography! Come on, paper 2!

Georgia
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
What else is on it accept for maps, rivers, glaciers and coasts or is that it?

Meanies
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
What else is on it accept for maps, rivers, glaciers and coasts or is that it?

I'm assuming by maps you mean the Key Skills. But yeah, thats it for paper 1 :)

mangle
03-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Maps, Coasts, Rivers, Glaciers - AQA.

Yes mate. Thats the way to go! Haha, I prefer this kinda geography to human stuff though. Easier imo, you can see it in action if you get what I mean.

Glaciers and Coasts are damn hard though.

Inseriousity.
03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
LOL! I did my coursework on Coasts so I know that quite well.. Glaciers annoys me :(

Meanies
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Maps, Coasts, Rivers, Glaciers - AQA.

Yes mate. Thats the way to go! Haha, I prefer this kinda geography to human stuff though. Easier imo, you can see it in action if you get what I mean.

Glaciers and Coasts are damn hard though.

Coasts are easy!
We didn't do glaciation 'cos teacher doesn't like it

mangle
03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah but they're just annoying! I did mine on rivers, got 30/30. Boom.

Meanies
04-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, that was easy.

Davii
04-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah it wasn't the hardest exam I've ever had - thought it was going to be horrible.

Coldplay
04-06-2008, 11:26 AM
I liked the AQA exam =D

We did Coasts, Rivers and Tectonic Activity..

Was pretty easy..

Axel
04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
That was crap for me... all that stuff about farming? I hate that.

CHA!NGANG
04-06-2008, 12:21 PM
It went ok, but I didn't finish. Was quite easy, saying that I probably have a rubbish mark...

Coldplay
04-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Well... If you didn't finish then I'd say so? :s.

Meanies
04-06-2008, 01:06 PM
It went ok, but I didn't finish. Was quite easy, saying that I probably have a rubbish mark...

You didn't finish? :o
I finished key skills in under half an hour, then the other 3 questions in 30-40 mins. Sat bored for half of it :P

CHA!NGANG
04-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Key Skills? :O I had a different paper. It was quite long, people just about finished, but I only got Half of the last question done.

Oooer, and by not finishing, I mean I just didn't finish, not that I missed loads out.

Meanies
04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
What exam board?

Key Skills were the Section A bits about maps and stuff, on AQA anyway

CHA!NGANG
04-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Nor I had OCR I think. Skills is a completly different Paper we do next week. I had the Coasts/Population/Rainforests and something else which I can't think of lool

Wootzeh
04-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Did AQA higher, only answered 22/75 marks, wish I never took geography.

Inseriousity.
04-06-2008, 02:07 PM
That was the worst exam I've done so far. :(

I did answer every question but I don't think I did it properly...
and yeah, I had 45 minutes left and I finished.

Although I do prefer Paper 2 so woooooo! :D

Adam!
04-06-2008, 02:41 PM
The exam was hard, but not that hard.

OCR and we did about natural disasters and population.

Only bit I found really really easy was the map work on Liverpool! :P

Immenseman
04-06-2008, 02:43 PM
The bit about liverpool being cultural made me laugh.

Adam!
04-06-2008, 02:51 PM
The bit about liverpool being cultural made me laugh.
Yeah.. It was like "Liverpool is the European Capital of Culture for 2008.. Find 2 things on the map which indicate Liverpool has cultural attractions" or something like that.

But serious, if that was the higher paper I hate to think what the foundation paper was like.. "What train station is at grid reference XXXXXX" I mean.. Come on, how basic?!

Immenseman
04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah.. It was like "Liverpool is the European Capital of Culture for 2008.. Find 2 things on the map which indicate Liverpool has cultural attractions" or something like that.

But serious, if that was the higher paper I hate to think what the foundation paper was like.. "What train station is at grid reference XXXXXX" I mean.. Come on, how basic?!

Yeah, I wasn't too good on the case studies though, think I would of scraped some marks on them though. Only needed around 50 marks out of 100 to get an A/A* anyway.

Adam!
04-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I wasn't too good on the case studies though, think I would of scraped some marks on them though. Only needed around 50 marks out of 100 to get an A/A* anyway.
Yeah, I wasn't mega fantastic on the case studies.. It could have been a little easier and suggested a few to do.. Took me like 10 minutes for each one to think of one that I could use.

Immenseman
04-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I wasn't mega fantastic on the case studies.. It could have been a little easier and suggested a few to do.. Took me like 10 minutes for each one to think of one that I could use.

Yeah same here, I wasn't too pushed for time at the end though. Like I thought I would be. Had around 3/4 minutes at the end before it finished.

Adam!
04-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah same here, I wasn't too pushed for time at the end though. Like I thought I would be. Had around 3/4 minutes at the end before it finished.
I was still writing when he said stop :( But luckily I was writing the very last bit about Liverpool and he let me finish the sentance off.

I never thought I would need 2 hours 15 minutes for an exam ever.. Proved me wrong though!

Immenseman
04-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I was still writing when he said stop :( But luckily I was writing the very last bit about Liverpool and he let me finish the sentance off.

I never thought I would need 2 hours 15 minutes for an exam ever.. Proved me wrong though!

Yeah you see that it's a 2 hour and 15 minute exam and think i'm going to be bored for the last 40 minutes but that wasn't the case. I look around and some people don't even bother opening their papers or just do like one line, what's the point of even attending.

Axel
04-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Did anyone do Edexcl Geography? I thought that was a horrible exam... I answered every question but some of the I was just guessing.

CHA!NGANG
04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Oooer, I have no clue, it Might have been Edexcel. I just turn up and do the exam, I have no clue what bored it was :(

mr.parasols
04-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Well...
Did AQA geography and that was the most easy exam I've done yet (And I've done higher maths calc paper lol). The river questions were just fun, I finished after an hour but I kept adding more and more detail every time I went over it.

Axel
04-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Well...
Did AQA geography and that was the most easy exam I've done yet (And I've done higher maths calc paper lol). The river questions were just fun, I finished after an hour but I kept adding more and more detail every time I went over it.

Were you on the same exam as me? We had some map work, then farming, then some stuff about rivers and glaciers and industry and stuff.

mr.parasols
04-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Ermm lemme check the name of it,

3031H Geography A Paper 1

I did Section A, then out of Section B I chose Tectonics, Rivers and Coasts. They were really easy compared with past papers :S

Axel
04-06-2008, 05:04 PM
I did 1312H and I found it rather difficult..

splatttt
05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Nor I had OCR I think. Skills is a completly different Paper we do next week. I had the Coasts/Population/Rainforests and something else which I can't think of lool

hmph
i had the OCR one too.
the one with the case studies and that?
it wasnt toooo bad i guess....

Ive done a totally different one to all of you lot.
I did, people &places, climates & urban areas

3 sections with 3 case studies & loadsa questions!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!