PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Gold And Lots Of It

:Eternal
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, after reading the gold buying and powerleveling thread I decided this may be a nice thread where by we can discuss how we make the gold which is essential in WoW without buying it from the Chinese (not a racist comment, just most gold and powerleveling business’ have a Chinese or oriental staff). Hopefully this thread will inspire new ways for players to farm gold with ease and small amounts of time and effort so yeah ill get the ball rolling….

While levelling to 70 I always pick up one essential profession and that is Herbalism or Mining (I do prefer Herbalism though so I tend to go with that) I do not level any other profession as I am classed as a power leveller myself and no I do not mean I pay someone else to do my levelling I’m referring to levelling to 70 as quick as I can and levelling a second profession is a waste of time in my opinion while levelling due to the items given to you for reward of completing a quest is usually to a decent standard anyway. Also I NEVER buy items from the auction house, a lot of the time when levelling I am still wearing gear which has a gear requirement of a certain level yet I am 5 or 6 levels above that, in my opinion it is the quickest and most economical way to get gear and gold, furthermore I NEVER buy enchants for my gear, yeah a nice weapon enchant can look cool but that weapon will get replaced after a few levels so why waste your money? Usually by questing and picking herbs and selling them on the AH I can afford at least 2 mounts by 40 which is always nice :p Also if I’m lucky enough to come across a BoE (Bind on Equip) blue item I ALWAYS sell it, doesn’t matter if I can use it or not I will always sell it on AH because most of the time it will count as a twink item which will fetch a nice good price and as I said the gear earned from quests are enough to level in. I do this all the way to 70 and by then I have a load of gold so what to do now…

Well at level 70 I learn my second profession obviously with Herbalism probably being 375 (or almost there) by 70 a good choice is Alchemy this is a great money saver and gainer, you can make your own potts and sell them on the AH for some nice easy money, also I go Elixir Master, with some luck you will get some extra potts with Elixir Master which means even more gold! On my mage I really had to go Tailor to make the crafted sets however it is still good money, bags are needed by everyone and as a tailor I can make Imbued Netherweave Bag’s all day and night (as long as I have the matts) but that’s not all if you are lucky and can get the spellstike hood and spellstike legs recipe that is great money, I don’t have this however when I bought mine it cost 1200g for the head and the legs were around the same price so yeah nice gold! Furthermore when exalted with the Scryers (which I am) I can make Runic Spellthread (http://thottbot.com/i24274) which makes decent money as all caster DPS want this, in comparison to Scryers Aldor can make Golden Spellthread (http://thottbot.com/i24276) which is needed by all non tailor healers, Lastly as a tailor you go down one route Spellfire, Soulfrost, Primal mooncloth and they all have cooldowns when you make your cloths so you can get lucky and sell those cloths you have for around 40-70g to conclude professions are a great way off making gold, you just need to be lucky with the recipes you own.

The most easiest way of making gold DAILIES, this is the best gift Blizzard ever gave their players, pre TBC there were no dailies which sucked, we had to grind for hours and hours to save up for that epic mount which was horrible =(
I don’t do all the dailies as I have no need for them, I do all the SSO dailies and that includes the ones in Nagrand, Hellfire, Shaddowmoon Valley and Blades Edge Mountains I also do the Skettis bombing quest, herbalist quest (picking herbs and getting nether residue), Daily Heroic (Badges, money AND an extra 2 badges for completing the quest.. Thank you Blizzard) and if an AV PvP Daily comes up I also do that… no point doing any other PvP daily because Alliance usually Lose QQ, I have also unlocked the Ogri'la quests however I do not do these anymore due to the SSO island.

Lastly and this is a complete last resort because I hate grinding I farm Primal Waters In Skettis being a fire mage I pew pew those elementals with ease (usually 2 fireball’s get them down) I can pick up 5 primal waters in around half an hour and sell them for nice money usually around 30g each.

So that’s how I make my money really but there is one more trick once over 2-3k gold I usually cut down my gold making and become a merchant to do this I’d recommend downloading Auctioneer (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/78/) this addon scans the AH and tells you the average sale price of everything that can be sold, which can be used to full advantage, I have been an AH merchant for ages now and I notice a pattern primals sell cheap on weekend and get expensive midweek and with over 2000g in my bag I can afford to make some business here so I buy around 20-40 primals for around 20g so roughly 400-800g is spent which is fine, I still have 1000g at least I then wait till around midweek rescan the AH and the average buyout is around 30-35g which will sell for 600-1200g at least (that’s if I sold them at 30g each which can happen however they do sell quite often for 35g so a total of 700-1400g which gives a profit of 300-800g (not including AH cut but still a lot of gold for no work at all)

Well that’s all I can say really these method has kind of turned into a guide on how to get rich, I hope it helps you all out no matter what level you are you can make gold and lots of it =) Please post your feedback to this post and any other ways you make Gold.

Hiro
04-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Not a bad thread.
But by level 70, people should surely know about the dailies and by 60-70, it's easy to figure out which of the trading goods makes the most cash.

But +rep for the effort.

04-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Well I started the thread of with the intention of doing a ‘how do you make money’ but by the time I finished my thread stating everything I do it kind of turned into a guide Lols. Thank you on Rep =) any other opinions on this thread?

Infrontation
04-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Cheers for the advice :D

Charles
04-06-2008, 10:30 AM
You do most of the things I already do :p
1: Learn and level Herb to 375
2: Pick 'dem herbs
3:????
4: Profit!

04-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah gathering professions are easy money ;)
I’m glad you're all liking the thread :p it took me a while to type up but as long as it helps someone I’m happy =)
I also understand that some of you may do the exact same thing as me and well that’s great because you can say how successful this method really is... I was hoping to help the lower levels gain some gold and level 70's who are struggling for gold or saving up for an epic flying mount just proposing new ideas and methods. =)

Swearwolf
04-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Nice guide im only lvl 27 but i do mining copper for money :D made 50g in 3 days, not amazing but most ive ever had

Danzilla
04-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Nice guide, at 70 i just farmed primals and that brings in good money. ;P

04-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who is giving possitive feedback =) I'm glad it is helping some players and giving them a few more opions on how to make Gold.

Nice guide im only lvl 27 but i do mining copper for money :D made 50g in 3 days, not amazing but most ive ever had

Thank you =)
At level 27 50g in 3 days isn't that bad at all, If you are only making gold using mining I'd reccomend that you download Gatherer (http://www.gathereraddon.com/dl/) This addon records where you mined an ore or picked a herb and displays it on your map so you know exactly where it is, also if anyone else in your guild or party has gatherer and click a herb or mine it will take the data from them and display it on your map =)

Nice guide, at 70 i just farmed primals and that brings in good money. ;P

Thank you =)
Farming primals can be good money indeed but I can't stand grinding, even as a mage I just get really bored of killing for motes. As I said in my guide its my very last resort =P You also need to find places where is not getting farmed a lot of people seem to go to Throne of Elements which is nice because all the elemantals are bunched up but it is way to over farned, just gotta do what you like doing =)

Charly
04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Its a good guide :]

and yea Daz was able to farm for hours on end..

05-06-2008, 08:08 AM
I'd just like to thank everyone who has left possitive feedback and/or rep, I'm glad it is helping some people out.. I have to admit I'm a WoW addict, I've been playing the game way to long lols... Always happy to help out.. I just wished when I leveled up my very first character someone was there to help me lols but back then everyone was out buying Demonslayer enchants just cos it looked cool lols even myself as a mage ;D

Youheard
05-06-2008, 10:38 AM
I've found grinding some of the rarer enchanting recipes in the game to be very profitable also. I will quite frequently sell the executioner enchant 4-5 times a day getting between 20-40g tips per enchant, same with the other rarer ones.

05-06-2008, 10:47 AM
indeed rare recipes are great if they drop however i can not grind i get so bored but im happy to quest :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!