PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ramsey

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
COYB nice to see were challenging Utd, instead of letting them just take him :eusa_clap

Everton are the latest club to have a bid accepted by Cardiff City for teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey.

The Toffees have matched bids of £5m already tabled by Manchester United and Arsenal for the 17-year-old midfielder.
Liverpool are also keen on the Wales Under-21 international, but have yet to meet City's valuation of the player.

Geraint
04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Prefer to see him go to Man Utd. Bigger club and a better deal for us.

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Prefer to see him go to Man Utd. Bigger club and a better deal for us.
Doubt he'll get on the bench for years at man utd, how many teenagers did you see on the bench of Everton last season?

Plus we've offered the same ammount as them :eusa_clap

Geraint
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Doubt he'll get on the bench for years at man utd, how many teenagers did you see on the bench of Everton last season?

Man Utd have offered to loan him back for next season.

F32
04-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Who would you go to? Manchester United or Everton. Hmmmmm, big decision.

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Who would you go to? Manchester United or Everton. Hmmmmm, big decision.

And Arsenals offered?

if he wants to be on the reserves fair play to him, if he wants some first team action, Everton is the more likely choice out af all 3.

To answer your stupid remark

F32
04-06-2008, 08:08 PM
So you'd choose Everton over Manchester United?

That's like choosing an adopted parent over your real one.

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 08:09 PM

you can really tell your a Doncaster Rovers Supporter can't you?

Andys
04-06-2008, 08:10 PM

lmao^

but yeah, i gotta agree - first team football or not, i'd rather say "I play for man u" to the chicks than "I play for Everton"
;)

F32
04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
you can really tell your a Doncaster Rovers Supporter can't you?
How's that you racist *****?

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 08:12 PM
lmao^

but yeah, i gotta agree - first team football or not, i'd rather say "I play for man u" to the chicks than "I play for Everton"
;)
What he should say is

I play for the third team of Manchester United rather than the Second/First team of Everton.

and to be honest, look at Wayne Rooney about "chicks"

edible
04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Shall we change the subject before an arguement breaks out?:rolleyes:;)

Whats this Ramsey like? Any good (well, he must be if Arsenal and Utd are in for him)? What position too, cant be bothered to research a bit? I'd love to see him come to us, but I can see him going to Utd or Arsenal - fair do's to him if he'd rather play for them, but at any top 4 club - I can see him not getting first team games at Utd (maybe at Arsenal though).

F32
04-06-2008, 08:17 PM
What he should say is

I play for the third team of Manchester United rather than the Second/First team of Everton.

and to be honest, look at Wayne Rooney about "chicks"

As far as I'm aware, Manchester United only have one team... as does every other team...

"I play for Manchester United"
"I play for Everton"

Wayne Rooney - "I play for Everton" - no girls.
Wayne Rooney - "I play for Manchester United" - Colleen

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
As far as I'm aware, Manchester United only have one team... as does every other team...

"I play for Manchester United"
"I play for Everton"

Wayne Rooney - "I play for Everton" - no girls.
Wayne Rooney - "I play for Manchester United" - Colleen

LOL
Colleen was with Wayne Rooney before he even joined Manchester United, great knowledge of football as per usual, Doncaster Rovers fan :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Whats this Ramsey like? Any good (well, he must be if Arsenal and Utd are in for him)? What position too, cant be bothered to research a bit? I'd love to see him come to us, but I can see him going to Utd or Arsenal - fair do's to him if he'd rather play for them, but at any top 4 club - I can see him not getting first team games at Utd (maybe at Arsenal though).
He's good, but to say he plays for a team near the bottom of the Championship, I think it might be a big step up to come to us for £5 Million. I think hes overrated, but hes a very good player, just not worth that much.

but im just pleased to see us offering for players what man utd are going for, because we've never been able to do that before

Geraint
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM

He's a versatile centre midfielder who can play on the left, right or full-back. He isn't the quickest player but he makes up for it in intelligence and vision. He can pick passes perfectly and has no trouble when the opposition close him down. He doesn't tend to run much with the ball but when he does he is really good.

Brody
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
i cant say i no much about him but from what ive seen he looks promising

although i cant say ill be bothered if arsenal lose on out of him which is most likely what will happen

Geraint
04-06-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL
Colleen was with Wayne Rooney before he even joined Manchester United, great knowledge of football as per usual, Doncaster Rovers fan :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

He's good, but to say he plays for a team near the bottom of the Championship, I think it might be a big step up to come to us for £5 Million. I think hes overrated, but hes a very good player, just not worth that much.

but im just pleased to see us offering for players what man utd are going for, because we've never been able to do that before

You live in Doncaster, you can't exactly say much.

The guy is 17 for christ sake. Of course he isn't really. He isn't worth £5m he is worth £10m+. He's the best talent to come out of Wales since Ryan Giggs. I've seen him play nearly every game, he isn't overrated. You won't find many 17-year olds as good as him.

F32
04-06-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL
Look mate, I'm gonna be honest here - shut the **** up.

I probably know more about football than you, and what does that have to do with being a Doncaster Rovers fan?

Says the guy that comes from Doncaster, but supports Everton [I don't agree with that but that's what everyone says].

And what does my knowledge of football have to do with WAGS? it doesn't.

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
You live in Doncaster, you can't exactly say much.

The guy is 17 for christ sake. Of course he isn't really. He isn't worth £5m he is worth £10m+. He's the best talent to come out of Wales since Ryan Giggs. I've seen him play nearly every game, he isn't overrated. You won't find many 17-year olds as good as him.

David Nugent was one of the top goal scorers when he joined to Pompey, yet in the Premiership he was a flop and that was a year ago.

How do you know this kid can step up, after all as you pointed out, hes only 17.

Geraint
04-06-2008, 08:25 PM
David Nugent was one of the top goal scorers when he joined to Pompey, yet in the Premiership he was a flop and that was a year ago.

How do you know this kid can step up, after all as you pointed out, hes only 17.

I did say that he isn't ready. I've seen the guy play. I'm sure the Boro fans will tell you, that he terrorise their defence, however crap Boro were. He came on against Portsmouth. He gave us opportunities.

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I did say that he isn't ready. I've seen the guy play. I'm sure the Boro fans will tell you, that he terrorise their defence, however crap Boro were. He came on against Portsmouth. He gave us opportunities.

How come Ramsey is being sold anyway, even if you have finincial worries? He has stated about 5 times that he wants to stay at Cardiff, yet if they accept he will obviously have to go.

How many years are left on his contract?

Geraint
04-06-2008, 08:37 PM
How come Ramsey is being sold anyway, even if you have finincial worries? He has stated about 5 times that he wants to stay at Cardiff, yet if they accept he will obviously have to go.

How many years are left on his contract?

He signed his first professional contract about March or April. It's always the same with Cardiff, we get good players then sell them. We have financial worries, yes. But we have until 2016 to pay them off. We've gained loads from this cup run and the increase in season tickets for next season. It's our last season at Ninian Park next season then we move into our new ground which will gain us more money. Ask the chairman.

Brody
04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
even when ramsey gets sold i no the united agreement is that if he signs he will be loaned back to cardiff

and im sure arsenal would probably be willing too maybe but he could be in the carling cup team i spose

edible
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the info guys! He sounds alright, I'd take a gamble on him in the premiership and well, if he did come to us - I do wonder what he'd be like with the help of David Moyes, since he's quite good with younger players. I'll look on youtube to see what he's like.

Oh, can I point out that Colleen's known Rooney since she was young about 12 I think it is - they were childhood sweathearts and this was before he was in the first team squad at Everton. I think they knew eachother the same time he was with Everton in '96 - I think he was twelve then if my brain/maths is right on that. Just thought I'd let you'se know..;)

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info guys! He sounds alright, I'd take a gamble on him in the premiership and well, if he did come to us - I do wonder what he'd be like with the help of David Moyes, since he's quite good with younger players. I'll look on youtube to see what he's like.
Looks on there, theres nothing on there :(. and David Moyes has certainly done great with our Accademy the last couple of Seasons, Vaughan, Rooney, Anichebe, Rodwell just naming a few :), so i think the kid would be in the first team rather quickly if he was a hit in the Top League.

Oh, can I point out that Colleen's known Rooney since she was young about 12 I think it is - they were childhood sweathearts and this was before he was in the first team squad at Everton. I think they knew eachother the same time he was with Everton in '96 - I think he was twelve then if my brain/maths is right on that. Just thought I'd let you'se know..;)
Someone with common sence at last :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Browney
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Someone with common sence at last :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I know that, but I know it from reading Rooney's autobiography, NOT having common sence.

He should go to Arsenal. Manchester United and too strong on the left wing to justify buying a left winger. They have Giggs, Nani and occasionally Park plays up there. Arsenal need him. It'll be a compromise. Arsenal are not as high profile as United but I reckon he'll get more games.

Geraint
04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I know that, but I know it from reading Rooney's autobiography, NOT having common sence.

He should go to Arsenal. Manchester United and too strong on the left wing to justify buying a left winger. They have Giggs, Nani and occasionally Park plays up there. Arsenal need him. It'll be a compromise. Arsenal are not as high profile as United but I reckon he'll get more games.

Erm, he's a centre-midfielder. He just plays on the right for us sometimes.

Browney
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM

Hmm I wonder why I said that then. Ah well, I still stand by my point, if anything, United need an out-and-out striker, not a midfielder and Arsenal fans on here were complaining about their midfield so I dno.

EverSteve
04-06-2008, 09:05 PM

Hmm I wonder why I said that then. Ah well, I still stand by my point, if anything, United need an out-and-out striker, not a midfielder and Arsenal fans on here were complaining about their midfield so I dno.

Arsenal have lost 2 Midfielders this season, and we've lost Carsley to Birmingham and will prob have a bad injury to cahill or arteta next year sometime,

so in that aspect both teams gives Ramsey a chance

brandon
04-06-2008, 09:54 PM
LOL

When you buy a player like Aaron Ramsey you pay for the potential also not the quality of the player at present.

Bun
05-06-2008, 07:12 AM
He wasn't exactly a wonder kid against us... we were just crap.

Loser
05-06-2008, 02:50 PM

Cardiff finished 12th, which is top half. I believe if Bale and Walcott are worth over £10m, Ramsey is worth over £10m.

He is overrated. Anyone who is British who shows any amount of talent is overrated. The media like to excite everyone by saying they will be a huge player, "best since..." and "the next...".

The fact that he is 17 shows that he can step-up. He will train with world class players and learn from them. Nugent was over 20 and I think he will eventually become a goalscorer for Pompey.

Our financial situation is so dire that we have to force players to leave. Gunter wanted to stay but, at the time (before winning the court case), we were desperate any amount of cash. We still are desperate for cash. Also, if the deal involves loans from Man Utd, like I suspect, it will very much benefit us in the long term.

I lost your post about how good is he in the reply thing.
He is a quality player. He has played up front, right back, right midfield, centre midfielder, supporting striker and many other positions. I'm convinced that if we weren't selling him, he would be an experienced goalkeeper by the age of 20. His main skill, in my opinion, is his ability to get a pass away quickly. More recently, he's found the confidence to run past players. He will be better than Giggs if he continues to improve like he has been.

I didn't know Rooney could write.
As for this "left-winger" buisness, that, I'm sure, is the media hyping up the fact that he will replace Giggs. He has played at right back more than left midfield.

He wasn't exactly a wonder kid against us... we were just crap.

I don't know who you support, but you obviously haven't seen him play alot. He is a huge prospect for Wales and a brilliant advertisement for our incredible academy.

Pyroka
05-06-2008, 03:10 PM
In my opinion, taking him to Man Utd would be a bad move. Imagine the pressure the kid would face, Champions League and all that. He's only young and pretty new so I think a team like Everton or Arsenal would do him some good. I'd prefer Everton obviously and I would think he'd be in the first team straight away with his potential. Man Utd can't promise that because they've got their all-star team and like hell will they move it for one person who they've paid a bit for. He'll be on the bench for them.

Arsenal are interesting though, as he's been described as an 'Arsenal-type player' and maybe yes he is. It doesn't detract from the fact though that fame can go to a persons head and there's nothing to say it won't happen to him. Let him grow into his boots at a club which is on the rise *cough Everton cough*

JackBuddy
05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Cardiff finished 12th, which is top half. I believe if Bale and Walcott are worth over £10m, Ramsey is worth over £10m.
I don't think you can compare Ramsey to Bale.

Discharge Man
05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Bale and Walcott are better than Ramsey...

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:25 PM
ramsey is at united now doing a medical should be announced in a few days maybe in a few hours

Geraint
05-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Even everyone on 606 has said that Ramsey is as a good a prospect as Walcott and Bale.

Loser
05-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't think you can compare Ramsey to Bale.

In terms of skill, potential and talent you can.

ramsey is at united now doing a medical should be announced in a few days maybe in a few hours

SSN said he had been doing the medical the other day and DJ has said it is up to Ramsey where he wants to go.

Bale and Walcott are better than Ramsey...

Walcott and Bale are two years older and two years further in development.

Discharge Man
05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Walcott and Bale are two years older and two years further in development.
Walcott and Bale were better than Ramsey at the same age.

StefanCampbell
05-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Ramsey - Cardiff
Wallcott - Arsenal
Bale - Tottenham

Enough said..

Brody
05-06-2008, 09:10 PM
really that makes no sense

Bale started off at cardiff
walcott started off at southhampton
and ramsey is getting sold to either arsenal or man utd or everton

so no.

Geraint
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Ramsey - Cardiff
Wallcott - Arsenal
Bale - Tottenham

Enough said..

They've all got to start their career somewhere. He's 17 not 37.

StefanCampbell
05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Wallcott & Bale = 18 & 19? sooo.. :S

Loser
05-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Walcott and Bale were better than Ramsey at the same age.

Having seen all three play live at approximately the same age, I would say Ramsey is not wrose than they were.

Ramsey - Cardiff
Wallcott - Arsenal
Bale - Tottenham

Enough said..

Ramsey has played 22 games and only enterred the first team this season. He has been in the Cardiff academy since he was 8.
Bale and Walcott started their careers at Southampton. If you're rating players on which clubs they are at, go ahead and tell everyone that Jermaine Pennant is a better player than David Bentley.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!