PDA

View Full Version : Banning members

Firehorse
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
It kind of defeats the point of banning if the member is simply able to make a new account. Plus I think the banning system needs to be looked at because I've seen newbies come on and bump a thread while not realising it's against the rules and being auto banned.

addiction
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
na thats silly

jesus
04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with how it is now.

Yoshimitsui
04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
New members are always given chances and made aware of what they are doing wrong within a month of them joining. I think that you stating someone being banned for bumping a thread is very unlikely.

People who constantly break the rules are autobanned if they continue to disrupt. Knowing what i know i can assure you alot more happens than you are aware of or will evan begin to think about.

The Professor
04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
You seem to have found a lot of things to complain about all of a sudden.

I highly doubt you've seen a newbie banned straight away for bumping a thread, if you PM me the name of this newbie I can look it up, but I fear you have been gravely misinformed.

msb.
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I ain't a noob :( lol

Nah Seriously I don't think I seen auto-banning tbh

P.S. Why do you keep making threads in this section, why not just make an overall 1?

Slowpoke
04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
You're just making things up now, that's never happened.

Catzsy
04-06-2008, 09:57 PM
It kind of defeats the point of banning if the member is simply able to make a new account. Plus I think the banning system needs to be looked at because I've seen newbies come on and bump a thread while not realising it's against the rules and being auto banned.

Well Habbox seems to give people a chance to come back and hope that a lesson has been learned. People are only put on an Auto ban list as far as I know when this hasn't worked on a few occasions. This is different with the system of Automatic banning which I have to admit I am not a huge fan of but one can't be happy with everything. As Alex says you would need to pm him with some specific examples.

Paulio
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
We didn't used to be allow people who got banned to come back under another name when I worked here in 2005. It didn't work really well because people just made a different name and denied that they were that person. I think the auto ban thing that they have now is more effective when it's used correctly.

Just for the record, I was removed from the auto ban list by 8Freak8 in 2006 so it is possible to get taken of it if you promise not be be a rebel. :P

Sabbath
05-06-2008, 12:11 AM

Such lies, nothing like that has happened.

jesus
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Such lies, nothing like that has happened.Same here. I don't understand why you are posting these things, Stutoman. :S

1st.
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Unless he is talking about Once, Twice, third,fouth. member accounts.

Slowpoke
05-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Unless he is talking about Once, Twice, third,fouth. member accounts.

Yes but you're on the auto ban list so there's a valid reason. ;)

Sabbath
05-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes but you're on the auto ban list so there's a valid reason. ;)

Why? Didn't know there was an autoban list.

Slowpoke
05-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Why? Didn't know there was an autoban list.

Could be for any number of reasons - I'm not a moderator anymore so I don't actually know but yes, there's an auto ban list.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!