PDA

View Full Version : BF:BC Demo out

mangle
05-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Deffo on 360, not sure on PS3.

Downloading now!

Havoline
05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I might download it later, I'm not sure.

Fez
05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
PS3 version will be out later today

mangle
05-06-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm going to play it once I'm done with my English exam.

Josh-H
05-06-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm going to play it once I'm done with my English exam.

Same, good luck mate :P

mangle
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
You too man! :)

Fez
05-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Just released for PS3

Neil
05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Single player is pretty decent, I wouldn't buy it for the singleplayer with it being largely a multiplayer based game, the multiplayer is much better the only thing is it's full of snipers, if you're gonna be killed it'll be by a sniper or something driving a tank, it's so annoying as you need to be pretty good to know the best places to snipe

mangle
05-06-2008, 04:07 PM
It doesn't have the WOW factor on MP. SP is good, i'll admit to that. It was just too unorganised imo, I couldn't hear people talking over the mic and it was plain weird.

Shall play it again alter.

Spiffing
05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
whats that D: ?
ima bit of a gaming noob lol.

Neil
05-06-2008, 04:26 PM
whats that D: ?
ima bit of a gaming noob lol.

It's the latest in the Battlefield series, it's got a pretty much fully destructable environment, the vehicles are decent but they feel a bit weird to control

Your sig is the best mario image I've ever seen xD

lew!
05-06-2008, 04:26 PM
BF:BC - Battlefield bad company - Like battlefield 2 etc but the new game on ps3.

Spiffing
05-06-2008, 04:29 PM
It's the latest in the Battlefield series, it's got a pretty much fully destructable environment, the vehicles are decent but they feel a bit weird to control

Your sig is the best mario image I've ever seen xD

Ohh battlefield, ill go tell my brother hahah :]
Ty its just a bunch of renders i stuck together :P x

mangle
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I've grown more into it, it feels like Frontlines did on its demo.

I'm not too sure about the responsiveness in the controls, I've pressed Y to knife people and it simply hasn't even drawn the knife.

Ashley 12344
06-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Downloading it now.
Although I think it'll take a while

mangle
06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Took me 10 minutes lol.

Came out at 10am yesterday, 10.30 barely anyone was online so I took my chance!

Ashley 12344
06-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Going to take around 20 minutes for me I think. Bit of a pain 'cos I want to go on CoD4. Nothing at all to do atm =\

Jordy
06-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Took me around 90 minutes to download :O

Very disappointed in the game, I was really looking forward to the game, I don't think there's been a decent warfare game since COD4 and this game looked like it was going to be a beater after RSV2 and Frontlines had been a let down.

The '90% destructible environment' is awesome don't get me wrong, spraying on turrets to chop tree's in half is pretty damn fun but this destructible environment is just a gimic really, it's the best thing about the game. Whole buildings disappearing gets a little boring after a while, though I must admit it's the best game I've ever seen in terms of destruction. The game continually uses this feature and in story mode it's all about blowing things up with RPGs and destroying things, meanwhile you see tree's and mines go off everywhere, it just shows off the feature everywhere, it's like EA tried to use this feature to make-up for the poor game-play.

The aiming system is lame, it's similar to Halo 3, it's not bad when you manually aim pressing LT, but other than that there's a circle in the middle of your screen.

The online mode was horrendously glitchy, very laggy and just generally piss poor. It's a huge landscape, very wide etc and you just can't find out who killed you. It's dominated by tanks blowing everything and everyone to bits and snipers on the top of hills. I get the impression tanks just own everything and vehicles and people just don't work in games, they're an unfair advantage. Even GTA IV couldn't make it fair having cars and people, the cars are just so easy to blow up on there but it's the opposite on here, they're so powerful. It took me a whole LMG magazine to kill someone about 10 metres away, and then I had to finish him off with a knife, it's really difficult killing people with guns. Just get a tank or a turret if you want to win. Sniping is difficult as you have to reload (7 seconds) after every shot, 2 or 3 shots just to kill one person so it takes almost about 40 seconds to kill one person with a sniper.

I found it difficult to kill moving people and then we have the controls.

It's hard killing people that are moving with either aiming system, and the general controls aren't too bad, no cover at all and you have to press the right stick in too crouch so it's not easy at all, lack of 'Stealth' and no prone at all.

Vehicles? Absolutely AWFUL controls. The controls for a vehicle are ridiculous, completely diabolical. They don't correspond with the player controls so you have to re-adjust your hand layout when you get in a vehicle, because it's 'A' to accelerate, Right stick to aim, Left sick to move and RT too fire it makes moving and shooting virtually impossible. The helicopters also have very difficult controls and take a while to get the hang of, they're useless, you won't kill many people in them and a turret will probably have a crack at you, that's if you haven't crashed already. The vehicles may get you the kills, but they're a pain to control and all the kills are just dodgy anyway. You get the impression that your only controls 75% of the vehicle, when you go off the road it begins turning it upside down and stuff and shoving you back on the road, either it's a bad vehicle engine or your not in control? :P

Not impressed at all, single player was rather difficult and there's a lack of checkpoints. Just my opinion but I doubt a game this bad would be any good at release, there's so much work to be done and it's BETAs which iron out the problems, not DEMOs. The configuration and lobby system is difficult, you have to wait for everything to load and you can't quit if you get fed up, it takes a good 2 minutes to join a friend in progress. Not only that but you'll have to buy some of the weapons in the Xbox/PS3 online stores so it's the first 'professional game' which is open to the public as you will have to buy your way in after buying the game.

Spiffing
06-06-2008, 04:59 PM
well i wont be getting it thanks ^

mangle
06-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm still 50/50 on this game tbh.

Technologic
06-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I really like it, the MP is fun because you can just blow the **** out of buildings

Azul
07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Got this on order with multiplayer in mind, and im liking it. But I don't think the map and game mode of the demo does the game justice because they aren't very good.

Technologic
07-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Got this on order with multiplayer in mind, and im liking it. But I don't think the map and game mode of the demo does the game justice because they aren't very good.
Yeah, it wouldve been better as a team deathmatch with the whole map being open

mangle
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I want to see team death match, the map is far to linear.

Fez
07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I didn't like it, I spent half-an-hour healing teamate's tanks and them running me over... tanks seriously just dominate the battlefield along with Snipers who just magically appear in front of you.

mangle
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Snipers are the worst thing about it imo, they just pop you from NOWHERE. They can sit on hills doing bugger all and popping you.

awelsh
07-06-2008, 05:32 PM
is good, but half the people on there are rubbish, I armed the two bombs, captured one and then got killed by 3 people, all the rest of my team were at the other base camping, bearing in mind here that we were the attackers.

Technologic
07-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Defenders always lose, attackers always win.

Jordan3606
09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Took me around 90 minutes to download :O

Very disappointed in the game, I was really looking forward to the game, I don't think there's been a decent warfare game since COD4 and this game looked like it was going to be a beater after RSV2 and Frontlines had been a let down.

The '90% destructible environment' is awesome don't get me wrong, spraying on turrets to chop tree's in half is pretty damn fun but this destructible environment is just a gimic really, it's the best thing about the game. Whole buildings disappearing gets a little boring after a while, though I must admit it's the best game I've ever seen in terms of destruction. The game continually uses this feature and in story mode it's all about blowing things up with RPGs and destroying things, meanwhile you see tree's and mines go off everywhere, it just shows off the feature everywhere, it's like EA tried to use this feature to make-up for the poor game-play.

The aiming system is lame, it's similar to Halo 3, it's not bad when you manually aim pressing LT, but other than that there's a circle in the middle of your screen.

The online mode was horrendously glitchy, very laggy and just generally piss poor. It's a huge landscape, very wide etc and you just can't find out who killed you. It's dominated by tanks blowing everything and everyone to bits and snipers on the top of hills. I get the impression tanks just own everything and vehicles and people just don't work in games, they're an unfair advantage. Even GTA IV couldn't make it fair having cars and people, the cars are just so easy to blow up on there but it's the opposite on here, they're so powerful. It took me a whole LMG magazine to kill someone about 10 metres away, and then I had to finish him off with a knife, it's really difficult killing people with guns. Just get a tank or a turret if you want to win. Sniping is difficult as you have to reload (7 seconds) after every shot, 2 or 3 shots just to kill one person so it takes almost about 40 seconds to kill one person with a sniper.

I found it difficult to kill moving people and then we have the controls.

It's hard killing people that are moving with either aiming system, and the general controls aren't too bad, no cover at all and you have to press the right stick in too crouch so it's not easy at all, lack of 'Stealth' and no prone at all.

Vehicles? Absolutely AWFUL controls. The controls for a vehicle are ridiculous, completely diabolical. They don't correspond with the player controls so you have to re-adjust your hand layout when you get in a vehicle, because it's 'A' to accelerate, Right stick to aim, Left sick to move and RT too fire it makes moving and shooting virtually impossible. The helicopters also have very difficult controls and take a while to get the hang of, they're useless, you won't kill many people in them and a turret will probably have a crack at you, that's if you haven't crashed already. The vehicles may get you the kills, but they're a pain to control and all the kills are just dodgy anyway. You get the impression that your only controls 75% of the vehicle, when you go off the road it begins turning it upside down and stuff and shoving you back on the road, either it's a bad vehicle engine or your not in control? :P

Not impressed at all, single player was rather difficult and there's a lack of checkpoints. Just my opinion but I doubt a game this bad would be any good at release, there's so much work to be done and it's BETAs which iron out the problems, not DEMOs. The configuration and lobby system is difficult, you have to wait for everything to load and you can't quit if you get fed up, it takes a good 2 minutes to join a friend in progress. Not only that but you'll have to buy some of the weapons in the Xbox/PS3 online stores so it's the first 'professional game' which is open to the public as you will have to buy your way in after buying the game.

Totally agree, lol, this game was just lame.

I also hate how the guns look, I mean ***, just compare the BF:BC M40SAW to the COD4 version and you'll know what I mean!!

Deleted this peice of garbage within 5 mins of playing. Its not even worth it tbh, I spawned online and then got ran over by a tank almost instantly, by one of my own team as well :rolleyes:

It just seems all over the place and the vehicles always have the edge as they can just drive round running everybody over before you even get a chance to fight back.

Crap if you ask me, lol

mangle
13-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Defenders always lose, attackers always win.
Not always, I feel if the defenders are going to win they'll do it straight away on farm.

I've held down the farm for entire matches with my team, it just depends what kinda squad you have.

yido
13-06-2008, 10:39 PM
i just kill my team cuz its gay game

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!