PDA

View Full Version : Barca join Ron race

Titch
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Taken from www.Manutd.com (http://www.Manutd.com)

Barca in for Ronaldo
Barcelona are ready to join Real Madrid in the race to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. Sandro Rosell has pledged to lure the winger away from United - if he is voted into power at the Nou Camp. Nike, who manufacture Barca's kit, will back Rosell and they would hate the world's best player to join Real, who are sponsored by rivals adidas. Rosell will be able to challenge current president Joan Laporta in an election if he loses a vote of no confidence following Barca's trophy-less season. The proud Catalan was Barca's dealmaker and put one over United in 2003 when he beat them for Ronaldinho's signature. He would be prepared to meet United's asking price and would make Ronaldo the highest-paid player in the world on a staggering £200,000 a week.
David Anderson, Daily Mirror
The Sun reports that Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon finally appears to have conceded defeat in his battle to land Ronaldo. He declared: “Ronaldo is an impossible signing. His club don’t want to sell him. We can do nothing if the club that owns him don’t want to sell. We never approach a player under contract. This is not Real Madrid policy and especially not with a club with whom we are such good friends.”

Chief executive David Gill has reiterated that Ronaldo will remain at Old Trafford. "Our position is clear. Sir Alex (Ferguson) and I stated it in the last week," said Gill. "That's it. That's all we are going to say on the matter, full stop."

Pyroka
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
LOL Now that wasn't predictable WAS IT.

I'm expecting Inter Milan and the special one to go for him next. Oh deary me, oh deary deary me. I think Ronaldo has set off the alarm bells for clubs and well, Man Utd aren't going to get out of this one without chucking something to the lambs.

Titch
05-06-2008, 03:27 PM
If we do sell him, i would rather barca get him. Plus they would probs give us some good players in a deal for him.

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:28 PM
he will be at united next season i'm 100% sure of it

muppet

Immenseman
05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
he will be at united next season i'm 100% sure of it

muppet

I'm sure that has assured every united fan!

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:35 PM
only the true united fans know where ronaldo will be next season

Immenseman
05-06-2008, 03:36 PM
only the true united fans know where ronaldo will be next season

I think only he knows where he wants to go and even them i'm not sure if even he knows himself.

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:39 PM
after the champions league final he said "i stay"

Immenseman
05-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Whilst in his head he was thinking, 'for the next 3 weeks.'

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:42 PM
you might want to read this http://www.redcafe.net/f6/all-ronaldos-future-comments-speculation-204041/index71.html

it confirms that the story is ********

Discharge Man
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm sure every player at their club says they're staying until they're actually offered THAT much money.

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:44 PM
and you think united cant offer him that much money?

StefanCampbell
05-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Look on SkySports.com? says Ronaldo has said he wants to leave Man U, but only if they pay what they were saying they were going to - £100million + Players.. *****.

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Look on SkySports.com? says Ronaldo has said he wants to leave Man U, but only if they pay what they were saying they were going to - £100million + Players.. *****.
the story is fake, ronaldo never said that he wants to leave

Geo23
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
and you think united cant offer him that much money?

He wants to go now. Hes to big for his own head right now. Every dedicated united fan now cant see him as a decent player. Most probaly see him as a good player but is to influcend by the money.

You got good players to replace him. So dont worry about him going if he does.

Immenseman
05-06-2008, 03:48 PM
It also says on the article that this is only a rumour and they don't know if a meeting/interview has actually happened yet. I expect Ronaldo to either confirm or deny this pretty soon. However, I get the impression he knows there are so many people waiting on his decision and he's going to leave it to the last minute. He's quite enjoying the attention in my opinion and doesn't want it all to go.

Ronaldo7
05-06-2008, 03:50 PM
turn SSN on now they are waiting for ronaldo to deny or confirm this rumour

of course he will deny it because he was never interviewed by this brazilian newspaper who wrote this ********

Browney
05-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I have decided: if he really wants to go, screw him. Take the 100 mil, take the extra players and let United progress. christ, with that 100 mil United could nab Ronaldinho, Robinho and another world class player.

StefanCampbell
05-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Kaká also, and i'm sure Kaka and Ronaldinho would love to play at United, too help with Ronaldo if he goes, take the 100mill + Robinho + Sergio Ramos etc. I'd rather have them and the £100million anyday tbh :l

Titch
05-06-2008, 04:01 PM
*cough* Messi + 60million and i am happy *cough*

Immenseman
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Keep ronaldo and get messi too I say!! :P

Pyroka
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM
It's all rumours eh? God, the mill has been doing overtime. I do think there's some truth behind the whole thing, but I guess it's just Ronaldo getting his buttons pressed more and more. No way would Barcelona declare interest if it wern't real.

Tristan
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM
He wants to go now. Hes to big for his own head right now. Every dedicated united fan now cant see him as a decent player. Most probaly see him as a good player but is to influcend by the money.

You got good players to replace him. So dont worry about him going if he does.

LOL.
Dude, he's not going to go.

Geo23
05-06-2008, 04:22 PM
LOL.
Dude, he's not going to go.

I dont think anyone can predict what can happen. Its 50/50 according to the media. Seems unlikey to me because big deals always fall through. But anything can happen in football.

StefanCampbell
05-06-2008, 04:29 PM
You say it's unlikely but 50/50? make your mind up.. :S

Geo23
05-06-2008, 04:34 PM
You say it's unlikely but 50/50? make your mind up.. :S

Im saying it seems its 50/50 by paper reports and sky sports new but im saying its probaly will collpase or ronaldo might change his mind.

Browney
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
at first I was like OMG NO! And I have now decided that losing Ronaldo may be the best move United have made if they will indeed get 100M. I'll be happy either way.

StefanCampbell
05-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Tbh, i hope he does go? Robinho + Ramos + another TOP player of which i can't remember(gotta' add up to about.. oh idk? £60million for those three players) + £100million? :S that's three proper good players + £100million to buy another 3 world class players? :S .. you could by Alves, Ronaldinho, and Kaká for that money, that's much better than just having Ronaldo in your team who won't be worth 2/3's of what he's worth atm? sell him is what i say.. + he will be nowhere near as good next season...

So you would be getting

Robinho, Ramos, Another good player, Kaká, Ronaldinho, Daniel Alves, all for Ronaldo??

seems worth it to me rofl.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!