PDA

View Full Version : Internet STILL bad.

Blazz
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
As you may have guessed, i'm no expect at these things.

I posted about this about 6 months ago and it's still VERY bad, I don't have a clue how to solve it.

Basically, my internet keeps disconnecting. When I restart my modem, sometimes it starts up badly and the "RDY" light keeps flashing. The modem we have is quite old, but I don't think it is the modem that is wrong, I think it is something to do with Virgin Media or the box on the wall which our cable comes from. Ever since about, 8 or 9 months ago it started going bad.

Hopefully someone on this Forum may be able to know the answer to my problems. Thanks :D

Stephen!
05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
..So, 6 months and you still have not bothered to phone them up?

Blazz
05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
..So, 6 months and you still have not bothered to phone them up?

I was only going to ask you for help... last time we phoned them it worked for about a day then started going bad again.

:@

HotelUser
05-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I was only going to ask you for help... last time we phoned them it worked for about a day then started going bad again.

:@

Keep complaining, tell them you believe it to be a issue as a result of their hardware. You've said the modem is old, you're not connected via wireless, right?

Blazz
05-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Okay will try. Im not connected via wireless but our modem is connected to a wireless router...

Damian15
05-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Try directly connecting the modem to the comp then if it's not wireless?
Get on virgin media's backs and tell them to sort it out. If it breaks, phone them again.

Independent
10-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Buy a wireless router (completely new) from the shops.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!