PDA

View Full Version : :D Got my new camera!

DaveTaylor
05-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Sony a200K

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/3764/dscn0791du9.jpg

Image samples from the camera I took like 20 minutes ago:
www.davtaylor.org/a200 (http://www.davtaylor.org/a200)

Be a bad idea to img tag them....

Closed by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator): To prevent further arguments/pointless posts, you're welcome to re-post this thread, if you like. :)

Agnostic Bear
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
To me it looks like the front would snap off due to heavyweights.

Javascrypt
05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Big lense.
Good, Longer distance shots and higher quality photo's.
Verry nice, my dad likes photography.
He has a nikon, not sure what model but big camera though.

DaveTaylor
05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
To me it looks like the front would snap off due to heavyweights.

Wow danny such an interesting post...

Puregamer: it's 17-80mm if that means anything to you.

Liberation
05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Looking very nice, Dave. Have fun with that :)

Judge Judy
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice camera. :)

Does it do photography or snapping or both?

& nice photos

Monopoly
05-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Very, very nice. :o
I hope you use it to it's full potential! ;D

blanky12!
05-06-2008, 09:18 PM

nice way to be rude? nice camra though

Wootzeh
05-06-2008, 09:19 PM
srry Dave but you're a snapper.

Leetzgirl
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Nice i like it.

I still got your keyboard pic on my desktop :rolleyes:
http://www.tehupload.com/images/app-24254021194850803649.png

and serouisly guys,

where the hell does it say that dave is a photographer? :rolleyes:

darkchicken101
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Looks good, so do sample images (quality wise). I'm wondering when some is going to come along and call you a 'snapper' *cough*.

Agnostic Bear
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM

I make lots of interesting points. And I prefer Dan.

DaveTaylor
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks good, so do sample images (quality wise). I'm wondering when some is going to come along and call you a 'snapper' *cough*.

There huge size, compression is good for the width x height

N!ck
05-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Impressive. How much has it set you back?

Can a snapper like you handle it?

DaveTaylor
05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Impressive. How much has it set you back?

Can a snapper like you handle it?

Went halfs with my mum, so £150

Mr.Sam
05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
what's the specs?

GommeInc
05-06-2008, 10:19 PM

Seriously? Looks more than just that :P It looks roughly the same as my 80mm - 300mm :P Has the lens got a giant filter in the middle of it, or is there a macro lens built-in?

Paulio
05-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Dave has a massiv c..... amara :P

Looks expensive lol.

JamesTucker
06-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Yes, a nice peice of kit.

I am very into photography myslf, I own a FujiFilm S9600

If that conveys anything to you.

My lens is a 28mm - 300mm :)

DaveTaylor
06-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Seriously? Looks more than just that :P It looks roughly the same as my 80mm - 300mm :P Has the lens got a giant filter in the middle of it, or is there a macro lens built-in?

Macro lens built in.

New images uploaded: www.davtaylor.org/a200

Some aren't cropped etc there just the images straight of the camera so some have huge areas of blur, was experimenting :D

DarrenToogood
06-06-2008, 03:17 PM
If I am honest, you should not have really got a D-SLR, as you don't sell your images, you don't do stock photography and you don't work for anyone... plus Sony is a really bad make to go with for a D-SLR.

I agree with the others, why spend so much money on a camera, when you just snap?

Is this meant to be impressive?

http://www.davtaylor.org/a200/DSC00021.JPG

xxMATTGxx
06-06-2008, 03:19 PM
If I am honest, you should not have really got a D-SLR, as you don't sell your images, you don't do stock photography and you don't work for anyone... plus Sony is a really bad make to go with for a D-SLR.

I agree with the others, why spend so much money on a camera, when you just snap?

I disagree with everything you had to say.

Good Photos and looks like a good camera there Dave, keep up with the good work. Plus I know many people who have D-SLRs and don't sell there photos <_<.

I like it.

GommeInc
06-06-2008, 03:21 PM

Urgh, you don't need to sell photos to own a D-SLR -.-

And from your definition of "snap," it's the same as photography, so stop using that word because it doesn't mean anything... I have been to exhibits and had my work in exhibitions along side famous photographers and if by your silly definition, they would be called snappers... So stop thinking you know everything, you clearly don't.

Also, he was testing the camera, jeez.

DaveTaylor
06-06-2008, 03:21 PM

Read the first post TEST IMAGES (or something along those images)

Recursion
06-06-2008, 03:22 PM

I swear you moaned at me for showing off or somthing? Pot kettle black if you did.

Seriously, maybe he doesn't want to just "snap" ? :| Maybe he actually wants some decent photographs that he doesn't want to sell.

Sony are a brilliant make.

Pazza
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I disagree with everything you had to say.

Good Photos and looks like a good camera there Dave, keep up with the good work. Plus I know many people who have D-SLRs and don't sell there photos <_<.

I like it.

I agree.

Some good photos, but I prefer the smaller cameras, more 'pocket friendly'.

DaveTaylor
06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree.

Some good photos, but I prefer the smaller cameras, more 'pocket friendly'.

I have one incase :P

GhostFace-
06-06-2008, 03:33 PM
lol i saw a guy at the beach with one of those he wos takin pics of girls bendin over.

DaveTaylor
06-06-2008, 03:39 PM
lol i saw a guy at the beach with one of those he wos takin pics of girls bendin over.

lol, and you where looking eh? :P:O;)

Nick.
06-06-2008, 03:43 PM

Who the hell do you think you are, I mean really? No it's not supposed to be impressive I'm sure, he's not selling them to anybody. It's just he has a new camera, so why not take some photo's?

You can't talk anyway Darren, I've looked at your silly portfolio site and it's a load of crap, the photo's suck! My 4 year old niece can take better photos. And anyway you're like 13 or whatever and try and setup all these silly companies that people in their 20's or so should be doing. Live life and go out with your friends.

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator): Please be polite to ALL members. Thanks.

N!ck
06-06-2008, 03:51 PM

I somehow doubt anyone has bought any of your images. Surprise me.

Maybe we were being sarcastic due to certain recent events/treads relating to a certain individual :rolleyes:.

Was testingIs this meant to be impressive?

Was testing.

Agnostic Bear
06-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Live life and go out with your friends.
Uhh.... :rolleyes:

Anyway I like the shots they're ok.

DarrenToogood
06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I am 15, just to clear that up.

Photos like this, is what you should be taking...

http://www.istockphoto.com/app_sample_view.php?ID=253522&appID=208848&Size=2

Recursion
06-06-2008, 03:54 PM
HE DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE STOCK PHOTOS.

Btw link doesn't work ^^^^

Andys
06-06-2008, 03:54 PM

Ill Get Beaten Up. Today You BULLYS Took It To The Extreme. We Had A Fire Drill My Mate Unfaithful Said CT Had Been TRASHED. By Vreak Time I Was Screaming And Crying In TLC( Behaviour Support)

You Have Took It Too Far Guys, Today I Will Be Emailing Habbo With A List Of Names.

Beware, You Might Be Facing A Ban

nice camera dave.

DarrenToogood
06-06-2008, 03:56 PM
^^

Its not a nice camera. Sony is not a D-SLR camera make, well they are, but not for proper photographers.

May I ask why you didn't get a Canon 400D or 450D? Also have you got a flashgun, lenshood, bigger lens and battery grip?

Stephen!
06-06-2008, 03:57 PM
May I ask why you didn't get a Canon 400D or 450D? Also have you got a flashgun, lenshood, bigger lens and battery grip?

May I ask why you didn't buy a 9800GX2?

Recursion
06-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Why do you ask this? He isn't becoming a professional photographer whos trying to sell his photos? :S

LOL Stephen! :P

Andys
06-06-2008, 03:59 PM
^^

Its not a nice camera. Sony is not a D-SLR camera make, well they are, but not for proper photographers.

GET IT IN YOU'RE HEAD.

HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE A PROPER PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen!
06-06-2008, 03:59 PM
lol , i don't really know the difference between cameras.. it's not my thing.. so whats the difference between the one dave got and this "Canon 400D"?

Andys
06-06-2008, 04:00 PM
lol , i don't really know the difference between cameras.. it's not my thing.. so whats the difference between the one dave got and this "Canon 400D"?
Do you not understand, the canon 400D is for pro photographers just like Darren.

Recursion
06-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I fail to see what is wrong with Sony.

Stephen!
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Do you not understand, the canon 400D is for pro photographers just like Darren.

Yes, and it's also more expensive.. so what darren asked was a stupid question.

it seems every thread that darren posts in it turns to an apocolyptic event.

DarrenToogood
^^ If he doesn't want to be a proper photography, why buy a D-SLR.

To answer Stephen, a Canon is a more reliable make, with cashback offers. Equipment for it is alot easier to buy, plus has EOS Intergrated Cleaning System.

In bold is a big problem with Sony.

N!ck

Well Darren has/recommends the 400D so we stay clear of that one :P.

They all have different strengths at different tings really.

Leetzgirl
06-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I am 15, just to clear that up.

Photos like this, is what you should be taking...

http://www.istockphoto.com/app_sample_view.php?ID=253522&appID=208848&Size=2

All abord the fail boat :rolleyes:. link dont even work

HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE A PRO AT TAKING PICS KK

Stephen!
Well im gonna have to side a little bit with darren here on the make thing... I wouldn't expect Sony to make cameras.. just entertainment items such as TV's, sound systems and whatnot. I know for a fact the canon make some of the best cameras and printers in the world

But really.. if Dave wants to get the sony, he should get the sony. Especially if he doesn't want to be a professional.

N!ck

To answer Stephen, a Canon is a more reliable make, with cashback offers. Equipment for it is alot easier to buy, plus has EOS Intergrated Cleaning System.

Do you not realise that maybe he just like taking pictures and wanted a nice new D-SLR for the fun of it?

DarrenToogood
06-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Maybe Nick, however it is a waste of money, and D-SLR are very complicated. The lens he has now, he will be lucky to zoom in about 5-10 metres...

Agnostic Bear
06-06-2008, 04:04 PM

Have you ever thought that he bought it because he doesn't have to listen to anyone else but himself and he liked the camera?/?

That's the first thing that comes to mind, stop trolling the forums.

Leetzgirl
06-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Maybe Nick, however it is a waste of money, and D-SLR are very complicated. The lens he has now, he will be lucky to zoom in about 5-10 metres...

I DONT THINK HE GIVES A FLYING CRAP.

Have you ever thought that he bought it because he doesn't have to listen to anyone else but himself and he liked the camera?/?

That's the first thing that comes to mind, stop trolling the forums.

Yehh, i would have done the same...

N!ck
06-06-2008, 04:06 PM
D-SLR are very complicated.

I think he can manage to work it out ;).

Andys
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
OH MY GOD.
MAYBE HE DOESNT WANT TO ZOOM IN 5-10 METERS.

MAYBE HE IS JUST TAKING PICTURES FOR ON HOLIDAY AND STUFF JESUS!

DaveTaylor
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Ok lets do a comparison shall we:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B000IKVOE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1212768332&sr=8-1 - £378.23
standard EF-S 18-55mm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DSLR-A200K-Digital-18-70mm-F3-5-5-6/dp/B0011U9U9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1212768384&sr=8-1 - £284.98
18-70mm

Now, Darren, you say you have this amazing computer system correct WHY PAY SO MUCH FOR A COMPUTER YOU ARENT A COMPUTER WIZE AND DONT WORK ON COMPUTER?!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?!? I think people will get the jist of my arguement, the thing is you drool over this istock stuff, maybe thats your type of photography, well go drool over it someone else and clearly no-one ******* likes you

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator): Please be polite to all members, thanks ;)

DarrenToogood
06-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I DONT THINK HE GIVES A FLYING CRAP.
He will when he wants to zoom in any distance, and can't.

EDIT: I spent loads on a computer because I am a computer wiz... and I work on computers all day eveyday :S? Also you can see the price difference, as with a Canon you are paying for quality.

If you wanted to put a lens like this on, you would have problems getting it on a Sony ;l

http://www.jessops.com/Store/s13802/0/Lenses/Canon/EF-600mm-f-and-40L-USM-Image-Stabilised/details.aspx?&IsSearch=y&pageindex=1&CatId=143&ManIds=1159,1527,&MultiOpIds=52764,&SortBy=SkuOfferingPriceASC&IsInStockOnly=False&comp=n
http://www.jessops.com/Store/s74271/0/Lenses/Sigma/200-500mm-f28-APO-EX-DG-(Canon-AF)/details.aspx?&IsSearch=y&pageindex=1&CatId=143&SortBy=SkuOfferingPriceDESC&IsInStockOnly=False&comp=y

xxMATTGxx
06-06-2008, 04:08 PM
^^

May I ask why you keep posting thinking your "It" and think you can run businesses, design/code and so much more but you really ask other people to do it. So what If Its not a Canon 400D, Maybe he didn't want a Canon or the cash to buy it. He's not here to sell his photos to companies/people etc etc. He's doing it for a HOBBY. I suggest finding the meaning for the word HOBBY. Maybe you can't see this yet but your really annoying a amount of users on this forum, I suggest changing your ways.

Edit: You say about selling photos, you don't have to! Look at people who are on Airliners.net, they take photos for their hobby. Not so they can sell them on <_<. Look Canon maybe a good make, but he bought Sony. Get over with it!

Leetzgirl
06-06-2008, 04:10 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10072/car-accident-with-tree-you-fail.jpg

Recursion
06-06-2008, 04:11 PM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/SaneMadness/Failboat.jpg

4 words. Shut the **** up.

On another note, lets see some more pics Davey! XD

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator): Please be polite to all members, thanks.

Stephen!
this forum is stupid i want to leave

DaveTaylor

EDIT: I spent loads on a computer because I am a computer wiz... and I work on computers all day eveyday :S? Also you can see the price difference, as with a Canon you are paying for quality.

I buy a lense BIG ******* WOOP? dude grow up, seriously and maybe I don't want to some in far, maybe I do close captures, or scenery or wait did you not read it's got a macro lense built it which actually some how manages to x2 the zoom in the camera (I dont know the technically stuff) so i can if I want the problem is you got a stick shuve up your **** and think you know everything.

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator): Please try to be kind to all members, thanks :)

Nick.

If you wanted to put a lens like this on, you would have problems getting it on a Sony ;l http://www.jessops.com/Store/s13802/0/Lenses/Canon/EF-600mm-f-and-40L-USM-Image-Stabilised/details.aspx?&IsSearch=y&pageindex=1&CatId=143&ManIds=1159,1527,&MultiOpIds=52764,&SortBy=SkuOfferingPriceASC&IsInStockOnly=False&comp=n
LOL! COMPUTER WIZ! WAF!

Anyone who calls them self a computer 'wiz' is actually the opposite.

cocaine
lol, and you where looking eh? :P:O;)

through the lens ;)

Recursion
06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
The right term is Computer Geek kfnxbi.

Agnostic Bear
06-06-2008, 04:12 PM

What, you're not a computer whiz, leave it to the real system builders and hackers such as myself and go back to taking your photographs, we'll call you when we needs apprentices to help us put our AMD processors into socket 775 motherboards (yes I know).

Recursion
06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
What, you're not a computer whiz, leave it to the real system builders and hackers such as myself and go back to taking your photographs, we'll call you when we needs apprentices to help us put our AMD processors into socket 775 motherboards (yes I know).

LOL nice one! :P

Stephen!
06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I did that once but it didnt work

N!ck
06-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I spent loads on a computer because I am a computer wiz... a

Lol, if you say so.

DaveTaylor
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_ce/202-4678109-4179050?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=sony+lenses&x=0&y=0 wasn't really differcult to find lenses and why on earth would I spend £6000 at my age on a camera, it's a hobby?

Recursion
So you spent how much on this computer?

Stephen!
06-06-2008, 04:15 PM
i spent loads on my computer cus i didnt want a rubbish one

Leetzgirl
06-06-2008, 04:15 PM
http://members.arstechnica.com/x/jet_powers/fail-epic.jpg

Andys
06-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Lols, I bet I know more about computers than him and I know **** all.
Thats why I always ask Tom :D

Recursion
I paid £800 for my computer. Must mean im a bigger "computer wiz" than you :O

Oh Em Jee an £800 computer beats your £540 one :O *GROWZ E-PENIS*

Leetzgirl
we all know about computers

HEHEHEHEHEHE XXXX+*+*+*+*

cocaine
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Darren listen when you're all grown up and the richest man in the world because of your photography then you can all tell us.

For now, shut up and let people get on with their hobby - the hobby that they don't take seriously, unlike you.

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator): Please try to be kind to all members, thanks :)

DarrenToogood
06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Dave, £6000 is nothing for a lens. Try £16,000 ;)

Anyhow, I am just getting to the point that if it is a hobby, he should have stuck with a normal digital camera.

I spent £550 on my computer, and I built it myself. I am known as the computer bof in the school, and infact teachers come to me for software, hardware and help!

Andys
06-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I spent £550 on my computer, and I built it myself. I am known as the computer bof in the school, and infact teachers come to me for software, hardware and help!
*REMOVED*
LMAO LMAO LMAO
Oh my, my sides are splitting!

Edited by Hitman (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter, thanks.

Recursion
orly?

I spend £800 on my computer and build it my self woop?

I got an A* in my ICT mocks woop?

Teachers recognise my talent woop?

Agnostic Bear
Dave, £6000 is nothing for a lens. Try £16,000 ;)

Anyhow, I am just getting to the point that if it is a hobby, he should have stuck with a normal digital camera.

And the 3 network technicians, 2 IT admins and about 3 IT teachers from my school came to me, doesn't mean you're any good at computers you know. Well I suppose it would be for me. I've spent upwards of 1k on mine, upgrading bits and bobs and whatnot.

Stephen!
06-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I think Darren's enjoying this.

I got a U in IT O_o

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!