PDA

View Full Version : Just recovered from MAJOR windows error

mike475
05-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Was on my computer on Sunday night, browsing hxf and listening to music and that and all of a sudden.. blue screen of death. I get it now and then so just restarted and didn't think anything of it. I turn it on... "windows cannot start.." oh no. So I try this start up repair that came with it.. no luck.

Right I think, restore from an image backup (thankfully latest copy was made hours earlier!) using Acronis Home Image 10. Not as easy as that. The software kept freezing, and just not working. I was speaking to the support from 4 - 11pm every day the past few days trying to get this sorted, trying absolutely everything. No luck.

So earlier I thought I'm gonna get this fixed. They gave me an ISO which would recover my stuff from my back up, but it wouldnt boot. So I started messing around with it, trying new things and that. And I try one way and I restart and YES!! IT WORKED!!

So good to be online again on my own laptop. It was because of a windows file was corrupt or something.

Anyone who doesnt keep a back up - you really should do.
I would have lost my precious photos (like animals who are now pushing daisys, holidays) and music and my very important documents.

Whatever you do - DONT USE ACRONIS!

N!ck
05-06-2008, 10:05 PM
It's very likely you could have easily recovered your files etc as it doesn't sound like the drive was corrupt or damaged in any way.

Mr.Sam
05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
oh that's happened me to a few times, my pc has had it really, it fails to boot often and has a hardware error.

had to reformat 3 times, couldn't recover files because it bsod during the process every time. one time it worked but I had no programs at all (calculator etc) couldn't access the recycling bin or user accounts.

not going to bother to fix it though, getting a new one soon :)

Agnostic Bear
05-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a buggered hard drive to me.

-Eyeless-
05-06-2008, 11:43 PM
For a common response see my sig :)

HATE BSOD!!!

Independent
06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
For a common response see my sig :)

HATE BSOD!!!
Haha nice sig :P

I had this on my old laptop, but mine worked for a week or so, then I had to recover the laptop every couple of days rofl.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!