PDA

View Full Version : Friend all of a sudden turned christian.

Moh
06-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Is it possible for some one to just turn Christian?
Before he was Christian, he was gay and now all of a sudden hes straight because hes Christian.
He takes anything we say which is against Christianity offensive or takes things which are suppose to be jokes real serious.

Me and a friend just think hes doing it for attention.

So would you say he could just all of a sudden turn christian? Or do you think hes doing it for attention?

Loser
07-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh dear me. Ask him what converted him to Christianity.

Moh
07-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Oh dear me. Ask him what converted him to Christianity.
Apparently, god made him Christian.

Edited by Hitman (Forum Super Moderator): Posts merged.

Teyauna.
07-06-2008, 01:53 AM
It's a choice. One day, you can be living your life as a non-religious person and then the next day, you can decide to change your life. If he feels like he wants to convert, that's his choice. I think you should be there to support him with his decision.

H
07-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Before he was Christian, he was gay and now all of a sudden hes straight because hes Christian.
He takes anything we say which is against Christianity offensive or takes things which are suppose to be jokes real serious.

So would you say he could just all of a sudden turn christian? Or do you think hes doing it for attention?

Of course it's possible.. and it's not wrong for him to take your criticism to heart. Some people don't see the funny side, especially if he has only just turned into a christian.. he is probably hyper sensitive.

but, shrug, does it matter? he's still the same guy

Metric1
07-06-2008, 02:52 AM
Is his religion any of your business?

H
07-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Is his religion any of your business?

ok now that's a little extreme.. it is his business when it's being pushed in his face. THOUGH, hmm seems like you're the one causing trouble yourself jack.. sounds like youve just been blates taking pss outta him for being a christian just because you don't believe him.

THATS WRONG

Jay.
07-06-2008, 11:05 AM
He could of maybe had a near-death experience that's what turned me christian. What happened to me was i was hit by a car and knocked out. Then i was having visions about where i'm going to go when i'm dead.. I kept having i voice in my head, a faint voice not knowing what it said... I thoguht it was god, but actually it was my mum when i was waking up. I'm not super religoous anymore, but thats what happened to me :P

Alexicles.
07-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, he can't have been Gay then. If he was, he wouldn't have just turned Christian, and I will fight about this with anyone who disagrees. He can't have been Gay because you are born it, you can't just suddenly change. :l

Spiffing
07-06-2008, 11:50 AM
i thought you had to baptised to be Christian, i was :P
but you cant keep changing who you are, my friend used to do that, it could be for attention or you should say to him that people like him for being himself not for his religion. if you get what i mean xD

e5
07-06-2008, 12:34 PM
He might have a problem like I dunno the name of it anyway.......... slap some sense into him :P

Bun
07-06-2008, 02:18 PM
it's possible he had a special revelation... but he's probably just doing it for the attention.

,Jess,
07-06-2008, 02:41 PM
I know some people who have like become Christians but not just overnight.
It could be that he is just doing it for attention and it's some sort of phase or he has genuinely developed some stronger belief in Christianity and will be some strict Christian for the rest of his life. It does normally take longer for someone to develop their faith etc though and definitely depends what is going on in someone's life.

Moh
07-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I know some people who have like become Christians but not just overnight.
It could be that he is just doing it for attention and it's some sort of phase or he has genuinely developed some stronger belief in Christianity and will be some strict Christian for the rest of his life. It does normally take longer for someone to develop their faith etc though and definitely depends what is going on in someone's life.
He said he went to this thing during easter, which made him become Christian.
Which, how can that make you become Christian? I would of thought you would have to believe, not be told.
The reason I thought he was doing it for attention is because hes done it before (not the Christian thing) and atm at College, some one is getting more attention than him.

leah
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
;o It seems like he thinks he's being a better person,
try and talk him out of it,
but if he's that set on it then you're jst going to have to accept him the way he is, he might snap out of it as quickly as he got into it.

,Jess,
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
He said he went to this thing during easter, which made him become Christian.
Which, how can that make you become Christian? I would of thought you would have to believe, not be told.
The reason I thought he was doing it for attention is because hes done it before (not the Christian thing) and atm at College, some one is getting more attention than him.

Hmm depends what this "thing" is. Some people can be told something which leads them to "discover faith", it's hard to believe unless that happened to you but it can happen. Obviously I don't know your friend but if he's done stuff for attention before then that's possibly the reason why now.

Moh
07-06-2008, 03:21 PM
;o It seems like he thinks he's being a better person,
try and talk him out of it,
but if he's that set on it then you're jst going to have to accept him the way he is, he might snap out of it as quickly as he got into it.
I accept any one for who they are, im just curious why he seams to be really forward about it.

Hmm depends what this "thing" is. Some people can be told something which leads them to "discover faith", it's hard to believe unless that happened to you but it can happen. Obviously I don't know your friend but if he's done stuff for attention before then that's possibly the reason why now.
I just put thing as it was easier than writing converting to Christianity :P
Yea, hes really forward about it (Like mentioning it all the time), which gives me the impression he wants to be noticed about it.

jessLOL
07-06-2008, 03:51 PM
probably trying new things out.. ;)

i dont see how he can be gay and suddenly go straight over night though.

Susie Dent
08-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Perhaps your friend is having a troubled time coming to terms with his sexuality so he has turned to the Father for help.

Unfortunately for him, he's still a gay and God hates gays so you'll see him in Hell lol!

Inseriousity.
08-06-2008, 06:38 PM
He may have felt he had no sense of direction in his life. Are you possibly assuming that it is his sexuality that forced him to change Christian? It may be possible that there's another reason for him converting and that the 'turning straight' thing is just a side effect of this.

What type of Christian btw? Roman Catholic? Baptist? Methodist? Quaker?

There is the possibility of attention seeking. Does he normally do that a lot? I do think he's using Christianity as a safety net to try and make himself straight? Maybe he doesn't like being gay? However, it could just be possible that he was converted through words or a numinous experience. In this case, you'll just have to accept the drastic change in him.

If it was just attention seeking, it shouldn't last long.

Dan2nd
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
ok now that's a little extreme.. it is his business when it's being pushed in his face.

I'm not personally directing this at you H but I always find it is athiests (people who do not beleve there is a God of any kind) who push their beleifs into a religious persons face and refuse to listen to the religious side of the story thats what I've always experienced anyway.

Well, he can't have been Gay then. If he was, he wouldn't have just turned Christian, and I will fight about this with anyone who disagrees. He can't have been Gay because you are born it, you can't just suddenly change. :l

(This paragraph isn't intended to be homophobic or offensive to gay people) You can be gay and be a christian... a lot of christians beleve Satan or the devil put temptation in our lives to lead us the wrong way or tempt us to do the wrong thing. So his friend may think his feelings towards men may be a temptation he must resist in order to accept God in his life.

I am a christian and have never really mentioned it to my friends.. its not because I'm ashamed of it or am embarresed its just not something me and my friends talk about..

Virgin Mary
08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
He's still gay.

:Edzy
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM

my freind wants to be a nun, we thought it was all for attention but actually shes spoken to her vicar and planned everything, sometimes people change their views suddenly :)

but yeah, i'm against the idea because i think all nuns do is grow vegetables and sulk in convents because i've seen sister act LOLOL

ToxicPaddy
08-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Hmm.. I've been a catholic all my life, I didn't become one during a period of my life. If he just changed, its his decision but you cannot help your sexuality so he cant just turn straight, lets see how long he goes before he admits he is gay.

GommeInc
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
What sort of Christian? Evangelacal (sp), Reformist or... ? Seems a bit rude of him to be too serious about his religion, the best Christians are United Reformists who accept Harry Potter and aren't God crazy, they just live with the morals and are generally open minded, and friendly :)

stickwitu
09-06-2008, 07:22 PM
next he'll say he's had a religious experience AND THAT'LL CONFIRM HE WANTS ATTENTION.

Jessii
09-06-2008, 07:29 PM
U CNT B GAY THEN GO OH I LYK GOD NOW SO IL B STRAIGHT
IT DNT WORK LYK THAT SO HES JUST ATTENTION SEEKIN G;

Sabbath
10-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Well, don't automatically talk him out of it. If he is just attention seeking, it will go away eventually,but I advise to talk to him if he is being someone he is not. If he is serious, then don't push your views on him. But since I'm a Christian, I'm an idiot and also a bible thumper, and I like to push my religion, so insult me :rolleyes:.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!