PDA

View Full Version : How to keep safe from hackers

Evescence
07-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Some of the methods hackers use to gain access to your habbo account for your pixel furniture.

Phishing

Just a stupid fake login which over rides your habbo client easy to fix close the pop up window relogin on www.habbo.co.uk and you will be fine.

E-mail Reverting

Hackers can revert your e-mail with your ip address, real name etc. NEVER give out this information. Try and use a different e-mail for your habbo account.

Secret Question

They will ask for your question on msn/e-mail never give this information out make sure you know what it is and you do accidently give it out!

Keyloggers

Found on websites/sent via e-mail called dice riggers etc, NO SUCH THING. Never download. Can steal credit card information just not your habbo pixels.

~ Evescence

AgnesIO
07-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Some of the methods hackers use to gain access to your habbo account for your pixel furniture.

Phishing

Just a stupid fake login which over rides your habbo client easy to fix close the pop up window relogin on www.habbo.co.uk (http://www.habbo.co.uk) and you will be fine.

E-mail Reverting

Hackers can revert your e-mail with your ip address, real name etc. NEVER give out this information. Try and use a different e-mail for your habbo account.

Secret Question

They will ask for your question on msn/e-mail never give this information out make sure you know what it is and you do accidently give it out!

Keyloggers

Found on websites/sent via e-mail called dice riggers etc, NO SUCH THING. Never download. Can steal credit card information just not your habbo pixels.

~ Evescence

Great guide although I hope you meant DON'T give it out accidently not do :P

Evescence
07-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Nah Its meant to be like that :p Nah I forgot the not

AgnesIO
07-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Nah Its meant to be like that :p Nah I forgot the not

do not and don't same thing :P

no waiii
07-06-2008, 03:25 PM
could have put a little more detail but overall good :)

Finkelstien
07-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Great guide.

Thanks for posting it up :).

Evescence
07-06-2008, 06:08 PM
No problem I will do another one soon with pictures and more details

Sulai
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
nice guide, i didnt no what phishing was until now.

+rep

GhostFace-
07-06-2008, 08:51 PM
great gruide may help newer members

shizzle
08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
A good guide for newbies. You should also put some more details into it, like for keyloggers, it "records every key you press" stuff like that and not just a few lines. Plus elaborate like if you did get phished then the link to reset your password etc is blah blah so on.

Mint
08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Very good guide but also be aware of emails you get that pretend to be habbo and ask you to change your password etc. I recieved one saying "We have updated our homepage come and see it" And then leaves a link to a fake habbo page.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!