PDA

View Full Version : New fish :)

ToxicPaddy
07-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi :)

I just came back from pet shop with 20 new fish for £18. They are small ones, can't remember their type exactly. But now I got them I thought of this. There's quite a lot of plants in there (plastic ones). What if, one of them died or something, and I couldn't see it because they are small and there's lots of plants. Wouldn't it change much or would the water turn green and smelly?

Pet shop just closed like 9 minutes ago so I cant ring them to ask and there's not any articles on the internet about it. Whether you have had this problem of not before, your help is all appreciated :)

ToxicPaddy

Mitch4?
08-06-2008, 08:56 PM
It would probably get eaten by the other fish until it's small enough for the filter to get sucked in.
The fish might not be cannibals whilst the fish is alive, but once they're dead they'll eat it no doubt. x

Meanies
08-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Just keep an eye on them and do a fish count every now and then, if theres not 20, gently lift the plants and see if anything is on them.

leah
08-06-2008, 10:17 PM
ring the pet store tomorrow,
I'm sure nothing will happen to them over night.

ToxicPaddy
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
They're all good and alive, which is great. I bought a big black oranda today, which I only noticed has something like a bug on his head, moving around which worries me so I'm taking it back tomorrow :)

Abzii
10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I heared that the plastic plants are bad for your water..

Oh, and if the fish die, and you don't take them out, it can pollute/poisin your water.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!