PDA

View Full Version : Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown - No Air

Eamonn
08-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Love this song, Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown - No Air :)
For anyone who hasn't heard it;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Icv6DgZ-9O4

stickwitu
08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
this song really doesn't need chris brown - it just needed his name to get in the US charts..

Eamonn
08-06-2008, 10:13 PM
this song really doesn't need chris brown - it just needed his name to get in the US charts..

I wouldn't say that :S She won American Idol pretty much most of America already knew who she was and she already had a top ten US song before this anyway?

jessLOL
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
dont annoy me alex.
she needed him because hes one or the only best RNB singer around, and it would be wonderful to do a duet with him.
She even said in an interview "I told my mother I would sing with Chris Brown, and I did"

;)

Hate
08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
so boring now

jessLOL
08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
the song is q.old now
and alex :@ chris brown is one of the best rnb singers around thats why she sang with him.

stickwitu
09-06-2008, 10:51 AM
she may have had ONE hit but that doesn't mean she's gonna keep having them - especially when idol winners are selling significantly less than they used to.

chris brown is HUGE in the US, pretty much anything he touches charts well so her label knew he was the safest option to collaborate with.
if she works with him then chances are his fanbase (who are mainly all of the same age-group audience) will also get into her music..

Eamonn
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Or I would have just gone with the reason that the song is about not having someone feeling like having no air, and with that it is more fitting to have it as a duet, and what other solo male who is good in the US would fit the song, the only other possibilites are Ne-Yo and Akon, which I would think would seem strange to sing a love song with a 17/18 year old and then more to the fact that all the other solo males are rappers like T-Pain :$ Please this girl does not need Chris Brown for a hit in the US, when the US already know her and obv. like her music, maybe internationally where is she isn't known :rolleyes:

& Jess I know the song is abit old but it isn't released in the UK until July.

Jessii
09-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Or I would have just gone with the reason that the song is about not having someone feeling like having no air, and with that it is more fitting to have it as a duet, and what other solo male who is good in the US would fit the song, the only other possibilites are Ne-Yo and Akon, which I would think would seem strange to sing a love song with a 17/18 year old and then more to the fact that all the other solo males are rappers like T-Pain :$ Please this girl does not need Chris Brown for a hit in the US, when the US already know her and obv. like her music, maybe internationally where is she isn't known :rolleyes:

& Jess I know the song is abit old but it isn't released in the UK until July.
oh sorry i thought you didnt know :rolleyes: anyways your right, she could have had an hit, like she realised Tattoo and wasnt that a hit WITHOUT chris brown?
Yeah hes a good upcoming star, he has large fanbases around the world.. but theres no saying she needed him to make the song a hit at all.

stickwitu
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
well clearly she did, otherwise they wouldn't have set her up with him.
she didn't work with him for the musical side as her label basically manage EVERYTHING she records.

they didnt just set her up with chris brown for the musical side - they know he sells bucket loads of albums.

and yeah the first single did do reasonably well but who's to say she'll have ANY success with the 2nd? one hit wonder is a possibility especially if the 2nd song is crap, after that no one would be likely to give her another chance considering she's a new artist.

Independent
11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Don't like it, had it on my comp' for ages.

Finkelstien
11-06-2008, 09:11 AM
It may be old but I still think its a wonderful tune.

N-Dubz
11-06-2008, 01:38 PM
well clearly she did, otherwise they wouldn't have set her up with him.
she didn't work with him for the musical side as her label basically manage EVERYTHING she records.

they didnt just set her up with chris brown for the musical side - they know he sells bucket loads of albums.

and yeah the first single did do reasonably well but who's to say she'll have ANY success with the 2nd? one hit wonder is a possibility especially if the 2nd song is crap, after that no one would be likely to give her another chance considering she's a new artist.

Tattoo and No Air are her 'hits', theres no saying she will make it big but she has a beautiful voice. Your right that Chris Brown was probably brought in her song because he sells loads of albums, well hes only ever had 2.. :rolleyes: and they know Chris Brown is a black, rising rnb artist and has loads of fans but this dosnt also mean that he didnt decide to sing the song because he generally liked it, he could have turnt it down easy.
An I'm upset, how come artist's on X factor can't sing with these rnb greats, instead we get put with Westlife and Kylie minogue.

stickwitu
11-06-2008, 01:48 PM
well tbh we're lucky that x-factor winners havn't been teamed up with indy crap like pidgeon detectives

imagine that

LEONA LEWIS & PIDGEON DETECTIVES looooooooooool cringe.

camera
11-06-2008, 02:12 PM
the song is old, but i still love it.

jordin can do quite well without chris brown.

Eamonn
12-06-2008, 01:36 AM
jordin can do quite well without chris brown.

Exactly :S I don't know why anyone needs to doubt that. Cus seriously a big star doesn't even guarentee a hit, if your crap you gonna flop no matter what. E.g. Nicole from PCD, had Timbaland and Keri Hilson on a record and this is Timbaland who is bigger than Chris Brown :rolleyes: and it still flopped.

stickwitu
12-06-2008, 11:43 AM
it flopped because they did no promotion, he can't exactly travel around with them when both keri and nicole are recording on other projects.. with way I are they did promo and that did well (eg. fashion rocks performances, several US award shows) and US radio didnt exactly jump on board when it's not really THAT mainstream and due to all the moaning lol..

and i didn't say she'd neccesarily fail without chris brown - but he's there to GUARANTEE a hit.
radios in the US LOVE chris brown and considering their charts are made up of sales and airplay adding him on a track would get both.

N-Dubz
12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
it flopped because they did no promotion, he can't exactly travel around with them when both keri and nicole are recording on other projects.. with way I are they did promo and that did well (eg. fashion rocks performances, several US award shows) and US radio didnt exactly jump on board when it's not really THAT mainstream and due to all the moaning lol..

and i didn't say she'd neccesarily fail without chris brown - but he's there to GUARANTEE a hit.
radios in the US LOVE chris brown and considering their charts are made up of sales and airplay adding him on a track would get both.

so do radios in the UK :(

but yeah okay hes not really a guarantee hit, not all of his songs have done amazingly.

Eamonn
12-06-2008, 01:43 PM
there weren't much promo for 'No Air' either if I am to be correct, the only main promo was AI and it was already top ten then :S Radio in the US love Timbaland aswell :S because didn't he and One Republic hold the record for most spins on pop radio (which has now been beaten). Seriously you obv. don't like this artist but to say she needs Chris Brown to get a hit is ** :$

stickwitu
12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I do actually like her, so stop making assumptions, but it is clear to anyone that Chris Brown would only be placed on this track to continue to catch the public's attention.

Her label (who control everything) want the safest options to make the album and single sell, and as the main fans of Jordin are likely to be of the same age as Chris Brown's, it makes sense to get Chris Brown on a track, especially as he gets HUGE radio airplay. Isn't that blatently obvious to you? :S

They wouldn't stick a nobody with her, they want an artist with a huge fanbase to feature to pick up that artist's fans as well.

Eamonn
12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I do actually like her, so stop making assumptions, but it is clear to anyone that Chris Brown would only be placed on this track to continue to catch the public's attention.

Her label (who control everything) want the safest options to make the album and single sell, and as the main fans of Jordin are likely to be of the same age as Chris Brown's, it makes sense to get Chris Brown on a track, especially as he gets HUGE radio airplay. Isn't that blatently obvious to you? :S

They wouldn't stick a nobody with her, they want an artist with a huge fanbase to feature to pick up that artist's fans as well.

Obviously they aren't going to get a nobody to feature on the track, what would be the point in that? The thing is you clearly said
it just needed his name to get in the US charts.. which I completely disagree with because it would have made the charts without him as well or even with another artist, it's just Chris was obv. the only other star who fitted the record. Ne-yo, bit old to sing a love song with a seventeen year old, and then all it leaves is all the rappers who hardly fit the theme of the song :rolleyes:

stickwitu
12-06-2008, 08:33 PM
They needed him to GUARANTEE doing well in the charts.

They chose him because of his huge airplay and the young audience. How difficult is that for you to understand? It wasn't done purely on the basis of recording the music, it was done by THE LABEL to guarantee sales. They could have easily chosen another R&B singer - Omarion for example, but he doesn't sell as well or have such a large fanbase. He's a male singer, and he's fairly young.

Eamonn
12-06-2008, 08:36 PM
They needed him to GUARANTEE doing well in the charts.

They chose him because of his huge airplay and the young audience. How difficult is that for you to understand? It wasn't done purely on the basis of recording the music, it was done by THE LABEL to guarantee sales. They could have easily chosen another R&B singer - Omarion for example, but he doesn't sell as well or have such a large fanbase. He's a male singer, and he's fairly young.

The thing you obviously find difficult to understand is that this girl doesn't need Chris Brown or anyone to make the charts, she has already had two top 15 songs :S and another thing is she can't keep doing duets again and again, so why the hell would she be signed to a big record company if they thought she was going to flop with every song on her own?? :$

stickwitu
12-06-2008, 08:41 PM
No, she can do reasonable on her own but adding CHRIS BROWN GUARANTEES THE CHANCES OF DOING WELL?

How many times do I have to repeat myself.

Eamonn
12-06-2008, 08:44 PM
No, she can do reasonable on her own but adding CHRIS BROWN GUARANTEES THE CHANCES OF DOING WELL?

How many times do I have to repeat myself.

As far as I was aware, her doing reasonably well on her, was the last thing you were suggesting.

Example;

it just needed his name to get in the US charts..
:rolleyes:

Glitter
12-06-2008, 08:45 PM
oooft.
chris brown <3

stickwitu
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
High up on the charts, yes it did need him. I'm not contradicting myself in any way, you just can't accept the fact that one of your favourite songs was only created to gain success.

That's what all music is about now a days. Very rarely will you find an artist who does NOT care whatsoever about sales. Anyone who is signed to a label has to care, otherwise they'll be dropped.

Eamonn
12-06-2008, 08:57 PM
High up on the charts, yes it did need him. I'm not contradicting myself in any way, you just can't accept the fact that one of your favourite songs was only created to gain success.

That's what all music is about now a days. Very rarely will you find an artist who does NOT care whatsoever about sales. Anyone who is signed to a label has to care, otherwise they'll be dropped.

The definiton of contradicting must have changed last time I looked it up then :S

One of my favourite songs? I'm unsure where you got that statement from! I was never doubting the song wasn't created to gain sucess, aren't all songs? Thats the only reason labels release songs is to get payola :rolleyes: and they wouldn't have signed this girl if they didn't think they would get that with her having solo songs, which is the point I was getting at, this girl is capable of solo hits, which you can't seem to accept, hmm.

stickwitu
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I didn't say she wasn't completely able to create hits on her own, but it's clear that Chris Brown was obviously brought in to guarantee support and high sales.

The EXACT same is done by artists with T-Pain, and hey look at Lil' Mama, she even had both Chris Brown & T-Pain to guarantee a hit. That was done to show she wasn't just a one hit wonder with Lipgloss, and the same can be concluded with this.

Jordin was signed because she won American Idol, so the label don't really have much choice. The winner will be signed no matter what. Of course she'll sell first time round with the first single because it's her debut and the hype will be around her, but since then a new series of AI has just finished so all the hype that was on her has now moved on to the new winner.

Eamonn
13-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I didn't say she wasn't completely able to create hits on her own, but it's clear that Chris Brown was obviously brought in to guarantee support and high sales.

The EXACT same is done by artists with T-Pain, and hey look at Lil' Mama, she even had both Chris Brown & T-Pain to guarantee a hit. That was done to show she wasn't just a one hit wonder with Lipgloss, and the same can be concluded with this.

Jordin was signed because she won American Idol, so the label don't really have much choice. The winner will be signed no matter what. Of course she'll sell first time round with the first single because it's her debut and the hype will be around her, but since then a new series of AI has just finished so all the hype that was on her has now moved on to the new winner.

I'm not going to carry on this little arguement you're so content with, but you're contradicting yourself and you're then denying it? You clearly said she needed Chris Brown to get in the charts, how is that not saying she will fail on her own :$ Normally I like a good arguement but when the person I'm argueing with refuses to see that they aren't always right, it's like whats the point :D let them go all crazy, alex off bb much, poor you!

N-Dubz
13-06-2008, 03:03 PM
oooft.
chris brown <3
back of my man!!
Chris Brown do's have a massive fan base, hes gorgeous, talented and black which helps nowdays no offence.. :)
He can sing slow songs and fast tracks but I personally think fast is better for him, he was weak on no air and she did do most of the work and sounded so much better. Chris Brown know's what hes good at, Jordin Sparks promoted him and her at the same time. Girls love slow songs, and the lyrics are beautiful for Chris Brown to be on such a track its definetly promoting himself to the girl audience? ;)
Jordin Sparks could have got a good hit even if he wasn't in it, but it do's get played on the radio alot more because hes on the track.. I never hear Tattoo on the radio anymore, but No Air is ALWAYS on it.. :$

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!