PDA

View Full Version : Booting in XP?

GearsOfWar
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I do select earlier version of Windows, it goes to a prompt command thing, everything goes well till it asks for Administrator password, I put the correct password but apparently it's incorrect. How do I reset this or put my own password? I wanna boot in XP so my Dazzle works and I'm just dead bored of Vista, it's terrible.

GearsOfWar
09-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry if it's any trouble but I still need help with this, I'm also adding information, the password I log in to my administrator account is the one I enter, correct? It keeps showing as incorrect.

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not multiple post.

Stephen!
09-06-2008, 01:54 PM
No. The admin account is the special password entered when windows XP is first installed. You will need to find the person who installed it and ask them for the password

GearsOfWar
09-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I run the PC at first and set it all up and the password I entered is the password I use for everything MSN etc so it's not hard to forget and I enter it but apparently it's invalid. Is there any way to reset this or anything?

Agnostic Bear
09-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I run the PC at first and set it all up and the password I entered is the password I use for everything MSN etc so it's not hard to forget and I enter it but apparently it's invalid. Is there any way to reset this or anything?

It's not the admin password then, try a blank password and see how that works.

Also how the hell did you get banned within 2 days of all infractions being cleared.

Independent
09-06-2008, 04:18 PM
administrator has an empty password, it's called Administrator and is not shortened to admin - hope I've helped.

GearsOfWar
09-06-2008, 06:15 PM
I dunno, I just randomly got banned for "trolling" and thanks Minor I'll try that now. :)

GearsOfWar
09-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Seeing as I need to wait for confirmation before I can post and there is no post I can edit because it needs to be confirmed, I have the right to double post.

I go onto that, it says select what windows > 1 then it asks for my password, I leave it blank and hit enter and it just says <C:/Windows> and that's it.. nothing happens.

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not multiple post.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!