PDA

View Full Version : Computer slowness

Fart
09-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey guys,
Dont know if this is in the right section so mod move it if it isnt.

anyway,
My laptop is running quiet slow! Ive done loads to try and help it go faster e.g.
Disk frag on C:\
Remove unwanted programmes & Files

I got 1gb of ram and it runs on windows vista

Anytips on how to make it run faster? :}
Thanks!

Moved by jesus (Forum Super Moderator) from Technology Discussion. :)

Florx
09-06-2008, 10:08 AM
MOR RAM.

Fart
09-06-2008, 10:09 AM
MOR RAM.

LOL!
I dont think you can update ram's on laptops can you?

HotelUser
09-06-2008, 10:10 AM
LOL!
I dont think you can update ram's on laptops can you?

Yes you can. Check your laptop specifications. Most modern laptops have two RAM slots. You can upgrade ram. Vista usually wont run well on 1GB ram, so upgrading your ram may not be a bad idea.

Edit: This should be posted in the Technical Problems forum.

Catzsy
09-06-2008, 10:14 AM
As well as more Ram the free version of CC cleaner seems a lot more efficient than Windows 'clean disk'.

Agnostic Bear
09-06-2008, 10:22 AM
You have less than what I'd recommend for Vista (2GB RAM at least), if you feel that you have to keep 1GB ram "downgrade" to XP.

HotelUser
09-06-2008, 10:23 AM
You have less than what I'd recommend for Vista (2GB RAM at least), if you feel that you have to keep 1GB ram "downgrade" to XP.

More like upgrade to XP ;).

Fart
09-06-2008, 10:24 AM
But when i bought the laptop it was vista ready so surely they should of put the correct specs in to run vista smoothly?

And sorry about wrong section :P

Agnostic Bear
09-06-2008, 10:28 AM
More like upgrade to XP ;).

Yes because I put downgrade in quotes to say "please downgrade because vista is a superior operating system".

Also "Vista Ready" and "Vista runs smoothly" are 2 entirely different things.

HotelUser
09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
But when i bought the laptop it was vista ready so surely they should of put the correct specs in to run vista smoothly?

And sorry about wrong section :P

No. Many laptops are being certified for Vista and they're in on way certified. I'll have you look at the HTC SHIFT. A UMPC with a 800mhz processor, yet it's shipped with Windows Vista Business. Just because it's shipped with Vista doesn't mean it will run well at all with the operating system. 1GB of ram is just not sufficient for the resource hungry operating system.

Independent
10-06-2008, 05:28 AM
I myself downgraded to XP, this computer was originally vista..

So if you want a fast computer, I recommend you buy a new processor & More RAM if you want to carry on running vista, maybe try not using the aero glass theme as I know that uses up a heck of a lot of resources.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!