PDA

View Full Version : COD 5 Scans

mangle
09-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Apprently

http://www.recenzeher.eu/screenshot/call-of-duty-world-at-war/0/
"It's the pacific war and coop will be available for the first time in a COD game..."

Imo it will be blown away by BIA:HHCoD 5 called Call of Duty: World at War, set in Pacific, has co-op, vehicles in multiplayer .

VG247: Call of Duty 5 has been confirmed as being called Call of Duty: World at War and is set in the Pacific theatre of WWII.

The news comes from subs issues of UK mag gamesTM, which landed this morning.

The subs issue of this month’s gamesTM has revealed a wealth of information on the now-announced Call of Duty: World at War, the final name for Treyarch’s Call of Duty 5.

From VG247 reader evilashchris, reading from the UK mag: “Right, apparently it’s going to be grittier, as gritty as ANY game out there to quote. The enemy will be scarier and use new tactics.

“There will be co-op for the first time in a Call of Duty. Also there will be vehicles and squad-based elements to the multiplayer. Formats: PC, PS3, 360 and Wii. The Wii version is being worked on by a separate team within Treyarch. [The mag] reckons it’ll be a much closer comparison between the next-gen and Wii versions than any other Wii game on the market.

“Jeez, they have the CoD4 engine running on the Wii apparently. They are using [the CoD4 engine] for all the next-gen ones too. The Wii Zapper will be supported.

“Also, this is how gritty it is: ‘The opening scene of the first level we are shown is a Japanese commander stubbing a cigarette out in the eye of a prisoner before slitting his throat - the blood splatters and dribbles down the side of the tent you are being held in. He turns towards you to deal out the same treatment but help arrives just in time. Cue a daring level-long escape.’”

Neil
09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Sounds awesome :P definitly looking forward to this one

Spiffing
09-06-2008, 03:22 PM
O:
if its half as good as Cod4 it'll be imense

Coheed&Cambria
09-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Lol, on my invoice for rock band, it says coming soon - Call of Duty 5
Lol

Judge Judy
09-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Can't wait for this - might get PS3 for it soon xD

Wootzeh
09-06-2008, 04:54 PM
lets just hope treyarch dont **** it up

Jordy
09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
It'll probably be Call of Duty 3 all over again, Call of duty is just a franchise and I think this'll disappoint most COD4 fans.

COD2 and COD4 were both made by Infinity Ward and considered the better games, COD3 is frowned upon usually and COD5 is being made by the makers of COD3.

Frankly I'm a little bored of WWII games, there's only so much they can do and I think they're past their sell-by dates.

Vehicular mayhem as well just to add to the misery, if anyone has played much of COD3 you'd know what I mean. I'm seriously laughing at everyone who thinks this will be a good sequel to COD4, many many people will probably be disappointed and buy it thinking it's going to be an improved COD4.

Neil
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
It'll probably be Call of Duty 3 all over again, Call of duty is just a franchise and I think this'll disappoint most COD4 fans.

COD2 and COD4 were both made by Infinity Ward and considered the better games, COD3 is frowned upon usually and COD5 is being made by the makers of COD3.

Frankly I'm a little bored of WWII games, there's only so much they can do and I think they're past their sell-by dates.

Vehicular mayhem as well just to add to the misery, if anyone has played much of COD3 you'd know what I mean. I'm seriously laughing at everyone who thinks this will be a good sequel to COD4, many many people will probably be disappointed and buy it thinking it's going to be an improved COD4.

Treyarch aren't THAT bad, the vehicles make a good change of pace, the multiplayer isn't great but now they have something to work from, CoD3 is more ways was better than 2 because 2 was shorter and the multiplayer was very simple and dull, CoD5 can and probably will be better than CoD4 because Treyarch make better plots, they pretty much created CoD so what they do is what CoD is and anything IW do is just an improvement because their game is released after Treyarch's

How can you laugh at anyone for thinking CoD5 will be better? It probably will be, you haven't played it? You haven't seen anything about it so what the heck do you know about it? WWII is a perfect period of time for a game, it's not going to be exactly like the other games so don't complain about something you haven't even experienced yet

mangle
09-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Neil going crazy.

I wouldn't mind Hardcore mode on that, really recreate the "War" atmosphere.

GhostFace-
09-06-2008, 05:48 PM
i dont wont to get my hopes up

so many games were such an upset ;[

i also think it will belike COD 3

Monkwrestler
09-06-2008, 06:56 PM
i dont wont to get my hopes up

so many games were such an upset ;[

i also think it will belike COD 3

Such as haze for starters btw hope it does turn out well =]

Azul
09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Sounds good, I also think WWII is perfect for war games, so many different battles were faught it's unbelievable.

I'm still waiting for a COD: Vietnam, maybe we'll never see it as America never really won the war.

Simmzay
09-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Back to the old COD it seems..

Fez
11-06-2008, 07:03 PM
I'll still get it any way.

PaulMacC
12-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Apparently after CoD5, Infinity Ward are taking full control of the Call of Duty series.
I never played CoD3 but people say it was an alright game, the only thing good about Treyarch is they include vechiles, the co-op mode should be good though too and apparently the Wii version will support the Wii Zapper, even though its still going to be an epic fail.

Grindie
12-06-2008, 04:39 PM
i'll be getting that :D

Jxames
12-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Awsome!! :D

mangle
13-06-2008, 08:05 AM
FPS Co-op should be cool, should make vet easier mind.

jordo
13-06-2008, 08:35 AM
f-yeah

mangle
13-06-2008, 11:07 AM
It's what COD4 missed imo, the AI was somewhat stupid on vet but the reduced health was still kinda horrible.
I'd happily play with friends on vet, it'd make it easier for me.

Favourtism
13-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah
I boguth my official xbox 360 mag yesterday and the scans are legit :p. Looks great tbh although the review in Games magazine sort of pwns the 360 one

mangle
13-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Gameplay

[edit] Multiplayer

World at War will feature cooperative gameplay (two players via split-screen or four players online) for the first time in the franchise. Vehicles, first introduced in Call of Duty United Offensive, will be making a return as well as new squad-based elements within multiplayer. Also Flamethrowers and swimming elements will be introduced to the series for the first time.[2]

[edit] Development

World at War will have a two-year development cycle, double that of Treyarch's previous title, Call of Duty 3.[4] The game will be powered by an enhanced version of Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine - improvements have been made to the physics engine and lighting model. Environments are now more destructible and can be set on fire with the flamethrower (which features propagating fire). Bullets can also cut holes in thin wood, making a gap big enough for the player to climb through.[4]

A full-sized replica PBY Catalina was constructed for motion capture use.[4]

Wikilove.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!