PDA

View Full Version : My gear

Neil
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
How is my gear for my current level?

I'm thinking I need more stuff with +spirit because my mana regen is only like 100, what does everyone here think?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&n=Remission

Charly
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
From what my computer would show.. You need a tad bit more hp :]
Probably a bit more spirit but fire always drains your mana :P

Looks good so far!

;]

Nemo
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Your gear is fine. No need to worry about gear (especially 40-69 cos im MAKING you respec frost for levelling :D).

If you feel a piece of ur gear is a bit out-levelled, go to an instance and get somethin better, if there is nothing better, then you obv. arent meant to have it

:Eternal
10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I aggree with nemo, Level as a frost mage, it is complete easy mode. The mobs die before they get to you lols. I leveled 1-70 as a frost mage then specced fire at the end :)

Also i have never gone for spirit gear there is no need for it, spirit is used by healers.

Wig44.
10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I aggree with nemo, Level as a frost mage, it is complete easy mode. The mobs die before they get to you lols. I leveled 1-70 as a frost mage then specced fire at the end :)

Also i have never gone for spirit gear there is no need for it, spirit is used by healers.

Druids, maybe priests, but not shamanzzzzz

:Eternal
11-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Druids, maybe priests, but not shamanzzzzz

Priests Deffo need spirit as a healer

Ichig0
11-06-2008, 07:32 AM
To be honest, apart from the understandable boost in solo play with great gear, I think the stuff you're given along your quests is more than suitable. Hell, I went into Outlands wearing mostly level 30-40 stuff at level 58.

If you can pick stuff up along the way, great, but don't go out of your way to get something you're going to replace in a few levels. When you're 59, drop into battlegrounds and start saving honor points for when you hit 70.

Other than that, I'd concentrate more on levelling than finding something nice to wear. ;)

Charly
11-06-2008, 07:40 AM
To be honest, apart from the understandable boost in solo play with great gear, I think the stuff you're given along your quests is more than suitable. Hell, I went into Outlands wearing mostly level 30-40 stuff at level 58.

If you can pick stuff up along the way, great, but don't go out of your way to get something you're going to replace in a few levels. When you're 59, drop into battlegrounds and start saving honor points for when you hit 70.

Other than that, I'd concentrate more on levelling than finding something nice to wear. ;)

Locks don't need up to date gear to do well ;)

Ichig0
11-06-2008, 07:53 AM
It's nice how much difference +spell dmg does when you have about 5 DoTs to drop onto a mob. It all adds up to a looooot.

Neil
11-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks and Nemo no need to "MAKE" me respec I was always going too anyway xD

I don't really focus too hard on my gear it's just I plan to make most of it last me a while, most of that has done me from level 23 I just wanted to know whether it was good or if I spent too much on putting INT up cause my INT is like 2.8k without my arcane int buff and a friend of mine was like 39 when I was 31 and I was only like 200 mana behind him o.O

Nemo
11-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks and Nemo no need to "MAKE" me respec I was always going too anyway xD

I don't really focus too hard on my gear it's just I plan to make most of it last me a while, most of that has done me from level 23 I just wanted to know whether it was good or if I spent too much on putting INT up cause my INT is like 2.8k without my arcane int buff and a friend of mine was like 39 when I was 31 and I was only like 200 mana behind him o.O

Well, i made you without you actually knowing. YES YOU ARE CONFUSED. :]

Neil
12-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, i made you without you actually knowing. YES YOU ARE CONFUSED. :]

I'm tempted to respec now, alot of people did ice all the way and seem to level way faster :S

Nemo
12-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm tempted to respec now, alot of people did ice all the way and seem to level way faster :S
well i did fire from 1-40 then respecced, but u can respec and see how it is

.:TeamAmerica:.
12-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Its fine, I'd reccomend taking up tailoring as a profession but, it means you can get pretty good gear improvements and if you go end-gaming raiding, you can make your Spellfire set with his really good for starting out..

Respec Frost! It's a pretty imba spec to level with.

Axel
12-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Quest gear is good enough for levelling, you only need to really worry about gear at 70.

And as a mage, the stats you're looking for are spell damage/intellect then stamina then spirit.

Neil
13-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Yea I mostly focus on INT, my mana is almost 3k now from my gear, I try and balance it out and get gear that may have less int that something older but it has more stamina or something

I'll respec at 35, if not 40, whenever I can be bothered to go really xD

And I'm gonna use alchemy as a profession, I really don't like tailoring xD

Went to SM for the first time today, we were pretty much doing SM from like 7-8 until about 20 mins ago lol, I managed to get Bloodmage Mantle ad Aurora Sash which are pretty decent, gonna get the staff from the library tomorrow hopefully xD

TehJoshy
13-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Yea I mostly focus on INT, my mana is almost 3k now from my gear, I try and balance it out and get gear that may have less int that something older but it has more stamina or something

Went to SM for the first time today, we were pretty much doing SM from like 7-8 until about 20 mins ago lol, I managed to get Bloodmage Mantle ad Aurora Sash which are pretty decent, gonna get the staff from the library tomorrow hopefully xD
You also want to look for Spirit if you can!

Nemo
13-06-2008, 08:08 AM

i really do recommend tailoring, my gear went from being ok in kara to being decent in ZA (which is much harder). I never thought of tailoring as being a big deal, but yes it costs a crap load of cash but its worth it. Especially when you see the big crits :p

Charly
13-06-2008, 09:02 AM
i really do recommend tailoring, my gear went from being ok in kara to being decent in ZA (which is much harder). I never thought of tailoring as being a big deal, but yes it costs a crap load of cash but its worth it. Especially when you see the big crits :p

What big crits :P
Frost is the easiest really, but try both out ^^

Nemo
13-06-2008, 11:21 AM
What big crits :P
Frost is the easiest really, but try both out ^^
Well fire has a lot of crits really, combustion etc.
Frost isn't endgame (i was frost for a while in kara) and it just isn't as good. Frost barrier is useless, elemental is useless as the aoe usually kills it fast, and you only really get crits when u freeze something, which in raids, breaks before u can cast a thing.

whilst with fire u have all the pewpew moves and the 10% more fire dmg debuff not only helps yourself, but others aswell

TehJoshy
13-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Frost is better for PvP nowadays tbh.

Arcane is also quite a nice spec to go endgame, but alot of guilds never want it :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!