PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas for TehUpload.

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Okay,

Its going pretty well, but I am stuck at a 'coders block' on what would be some good additions to TehUpload.

I really want to expand my knowledge of Jaxer, as well as Linux, since I am managing my own VPS without a control panel ^_^.

Going to start a cluster soon.. with 4 of the VPS's I bought. MySQL, HTTP, Media, Cache. RapidVPS has an HTTPAccelerator to manage this. Anywayyyyy.

I NEED SOME IDEAS :) For the web portion and desktop application.

I don't think I want to get into building a user-system for it yet, but give me some good features. If it sounds good.. i'll make it.

+REP for all sensible ideas.

If you don't want to post it on here, PM me ;) Boy I can't wait till HxF gets groups :rolleyes:.

Caleb

Independent
11-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Profiles
Chat (Pretty dynamic)
Tehupload fan club

:eusa_danc haha.

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Why a chat? lol.

Profiles would be integrated into a usersystem..

Independent
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Why a chat? lol.

Profiles would be integrated into a usersystem..
People could share image links quicker and you'd know what people regular use tehupload, and they'd know to.

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 05:00 PM
People don't sit on an upload site to chat :P The upload files then post them. I just don't think that would be a very 'popular'/'useful' feature for the site ;)

Independent
11-06-2008, 05:02 PM
People don't sit on an upload site to chat :P The upload files then post them. I just don't think that would be a very 'popular'/'useful' feature for the site ;)
Maybe a PM system or a quick link sharer?

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
LOL, don't you understand that that requires usernames, which requires registration, which requires a user-system.

Read the first post :|

People aren't going to be sharing links on the site, they share the links to friends/family/on a forum.

Independent
11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
LOL, don't you understand that that requires usernames, which requires registration, which requires a user-system.

Read the first post :|

People aren't going to be sharing links on the site, they share the links to friends/family/on a forum.
Quick link sharer, if you aren't making a usersystem.

Something like Habbo's friend inviter

Join Habbo today, you have been invited by bannanaheadWith something like..

The uploader of image has requested that you view it!

I got the idea from photobucket, and it seems it was a popular idea as I have a folder of them emails

Excellent
11-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Well it's an upload site so I'm not really sure what more you could use for it? Maybe bring in something like youtube? people upload videos and if they say tick a box that says "public viewing" people can watch the videos?

Independent
11-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Well it's an upload site so I'm not really sure what more you could use for it? Maybe bring in something like youtube? people upload videos and if they say tick a box that says "public viewing" people can watch the videos?
--ss-- is no longer Habbox staff, shame to see you go - if your viewing this thread.

on topic: That's a good idea, maybe albums as well (But make them enter an ID to control their albums, so sorta' a user system but at the easiest)

Monopoly
11-06-2008, 05:15 PM
You could have a link to show the most looked at/viewed images on the site.
You could also add image comments for people to leave there thoughts on pictures. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!