PDA

View Full Version : Flash (Coding) Problems

DarrenToogood
11-06-2008, 04:32 PM
This thread is on behalf of someone else!

Hi,

I have a flash document that needs to dynamically load an XML file. At the moment, it loads it like:

var myShowXML = new XML();
myShowXML.ignoreWhite = true;
myShowXML.load("feed.xml");

Could anyone please tell me a way to convert that to reading from the HTML (param etc) for the XML feed. The URL of the feed will be input to HTML via PHP, but I just do not know how to get the variable from HTML to flash.

If someone could post the above actionscript modified for flashvars, and the HTML, that would be great

Thanks!

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
That isn't HTML, it is XML.

It will be input to HTML via PHP.. what the **** are you talking about?

You are meaning to say the XML feed is dynamic, and processed by PHP.

DarrenToogood
11-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Reply on behalf of person:

I am fully aware of what I am talking about, you must have mis-read my post =]

PHP will not manipulate the XML feed itself. PHP will simply use $_GET[''] to get the number of the XML file.

For example, the page URL is:

page.php?x=4

The XML file would then be 4.xml and the 4.xml would be put into a flashvar within a param tag, and then passed to flash to load that file.

I am stuck with passing the variable from HTML to flash.

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Why can't you use Google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=actionscript+flashvars&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

DarrenToogood
11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Reply from person:

I am fully capable of using google and obviously, I used google before coming here. The HTML bit isn't the problem to be honest, the problem is retrieving that variable inside flash via actionscript.

I wasn't able to find the actionscript bit on google, just the HTML.

Even the adobe site is no use: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16417&sliceId=2

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Are you ******* stupid? 'The HTML bit isn't the..' the HMTL bit is easy as ****.

Are you doing bla.swf?param=param or <param></param>

EDIT:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=g18&q=actionscript+flashvars&btnG=Search

If you are capable of using Google, you would have found it by now.. I have found like 20 articlecs telling how to do it.

DarrenToogood
11-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Reply from person:

Found out now. It appears the variables are avaliable via level0.

If I were you, I would sort out your attitude, it won't get you very far in life.

Matter resolved.

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 05:35 PM
My attitude is perfect, it is just people like you.

We don't need the "Reply from person:", we know who the hell you are..

DarrenToogood
11-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Denta, it is not me who wanted to ask this question, I was doing it on behalf of a freind called Matt :)

Problem resolved, and the website is near release.

Dentafrice
11-06-2008, 09:35 PM
No one asked about the website near release.. not a single person, no one asked who asked the question.. no one at all.

We don't care.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!