"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site (website name)"

"Operation aborted"

Can I stop it and does anyone know why?

Agnostic Bear
12-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, stop using internet explorer.

Paulio
12-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Firefox is **** though, it takes ages to load images.

Stephen!
12-06-2008, 03:20 PM

Agreed

Jack!
12-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Agreed even though i use it on my old computer that happeneed so i swiched to firefox

Paulio
12-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I wanted to know if I could fix it so I could continue to use Internet Explorer lol. I don't like Firefox because it takes ages to load a page and when the page finaly loads, the images take ages to load.

Does anyone know how I can fix it lol?

+rep

Catzsy
12-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Try checking your security settings.

Also maybe you have some adware on there - spybot search and destroy is quite good to check. :)

If the computer is generally slow the free version of CC cleaner seems more efficient than the windows clean disk.

I am sure somebody who is more of a techie than me will come up with a better answer though.:P

Stevehere
12-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Internet Explorer is possibly the worst web browser you could ever use. Pages and images load quick for me and firefox is much safer to use so no risks of getting hijacked

Independent
13-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Check THIS (http://www.nirmaltv.com/2007/08/08/how-to-fix-internet-explorer-cannot-open-the-internet-site-operation-aborted-error/).

Try Google next time.. ;)

Decode
14-06-2008, 09:34 PM
http://getfirefox.com - its better than IE, it has addons, it has themes, it doesnt have a blury font like IE7 and 8.

Stevehere
15-06-2008, 02:19 AM
ie has addons too you know :P

HotelUser
16-06-2008, 10:45 AM
ie has addons too you know :P

I rather use my Mobile Phone's browser than IE. So it having add-ons means nothing :P.

Agnostic Bear
16-06-2008, 01:28 PM
http://getfirefox.com - its better than IE, it has addons, it has themes, it doesnt have a blury font like IE7 and 8.

That's called ClearType and makes the fonts easier to read.

Axel
16-06-2008, 01:32 PM

He asked for help on how to fix it, not a new browser.

Agnostic Bear
16-06-2008, 01:34 PM
He asked for help on how to fix it, not a new browser.

Suggesting Firefox is a fix for IE.

Axel
16-06-2008, 01:44 PM
It's not fixing IE, it's just ignoring the problem and getting a new browser.

Galaxay
16-06-2008, 01:46 PM
How many idiots are in this thread?

He's asking for help with a problem he has on IE, not to suggest another internet browser.

Wth are you gonna do when someone has a problem with FF? Suggest opera :rolleyes:

Axel
16-06-2008, 01:50 PM
How many idiots are in this thread?

He's asking for help with a problem he has on IE, not to suggest another internet browser.

Wth are you gonna do when someone has a problem with FF? Suggest opera :rolleyes:

Precisely (although I have no help to offer myself).

Stevehere
16-06-2008, 02:57 PM
It is fixing the problem you idiots. I said in my post that its the worst browser meaning that the only way to stop all these problems your having wiht it is to use a more safer, easy to use browser. Thats how to fix the problem fgs.

So -rep for not understanding the thread and instead just randomly posting in it -repping the people who mentioned firefox in their post. And don't go reporting it as revenge rep because its not.

Atleast we contributed to the thread unlike you two.

Edited by Hayd93(Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Leetzgirl
16-06-2008, 03:01 PM
You're all idiots,

He asked for how to fix it in 'IE', and only 'IE', although you guys are trying to help him by telling him to get another browser, he has said a number of times, that he doesnt like it and only wants 'IE'

anyways, the guy who started this arguement is an idiot becasue he just just came in and think he a hard nut boss :rolleyes:

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Galaxay
16-06-2008, 03:01 PM
No it's not, what happens when something goes wrong with FF? Are you going to suggest opera?

Then somethign wrong with opera, suggest safari? >_>

It's not a fix.

You have 0 rep power anyway so it doesn't effect me.

Stevehere
16-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Jake,

You are just as bad then because you are just calling people idiots and starting an arguments without helping him.

As I said before, atleast we contributed to the thread.

And I have 0 rep power because you idiots -repped me for contributing to a thread. Also there is no point reporting it as moderators seem to have a grudge towards me and never remove pointless rep I have been given

Galaxay
16-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Mod's don't remove rep, admins do ;)

The rep i gave you wasn't pointless. :)

Axel
16-06-2008, 03:17 PM
It is fixing the problem you idiots. I said in my post that its the worst browser meaning that the only way to stop all these problems your having wiht it is to use a more safer, easy to use browser. Thats how to fix the problem fgs.

So -rep for not understanding the thread and instead just randomly posting in it -repping the people who mentioned firefox in their post. And don't go reporting it as revenge rep because its not.

Atleast we contributed to the thread unlike you two.

I didn't even -rep you lol.

:eusa_clap to you!

Stevehere
16-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I didn't even -rep you lol.

If you noticed the word idiots, you would know I wasn't directing the revenge bit to you, I was talking to both of you lol.

iFuseDan
16-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Can you give examples of sites you get this error on, or is it all sites?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!