PDA

View Full Version : Cutenews templates?

Excellent
12-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey now I suck hard at anything to do with cutenews, was wondering how you make the templates? Is it just a simple .css file that you upload to /data/ folder and select that template in options?

Would be really helpful if someone has maybe a link or the knowledge on how to do these, thankyou :)

Closed by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Super Moderator): Question answered, closed to prevent further pointless posting.

Decode
12-06-2008, 06:32 PM
in the page you put your include for cutenews on put;

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="lolol.css" />

Excellent
12-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Thankyou ever so much :) is there any code I need to put in for the headlines and where the actual news should be?

Basically all I want is a simple css box holding the content, headline above the box, thats all.

+repute.

Decode
12-06-2008, 07:26 PM
For the template use something like this;

<div class="top">{title}</div>
<div class="content">
{full-story}
<br>
<i>Writen by {name}</i>
</div>

(you may need to change some of that)

Then in the .css file put:

.top {
width: 500px;
border: 1px solid #000000;
border-bottom: 0px;
text-align: center;
}
.content {
width: 500px;
border: 1px solid #000000;
}

:)

Blazz
12-06-2008, 07:27 PM
If you are the admin on your cutenews panel, go to Options > Customize templates

Something like that, and you will get up all the codey type stuff you need, the title etc.

Excellent
12-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Ahh yes, already did the css file :) just wanted the tags like {name} etc, didn't know them aha, thanks a bunch :)

Decode
12-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Ahh yes, already did the css file :) just wanted the tags like {name} etc, didn't know them aha, thanks a bunch :)
Im not sure those tags are right lol, I made a thread on yahoo answers to find the full list :P

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvB2LBs0DR5QEFgdOGmQID3ty6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20080612123353AAhFoMw

Excellent
12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Right this could be due to my total stupidness but this is what I have done..

<?php
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="test.css">
$number=5;
$category=1;
$start_from=1;
include("/home/site/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php");
?>
I understand there is html in the php but I followed what you said, I have also added the css into the default template but I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/site/public_html/index.php on line 116

Independent
12-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Right this could be due to my total stupidness but this is what I have done..

<?php
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="test.css">
$number=5;
$category=1;
$start_from=1;
?>I understand there is html in the php but I followed what you said, I have also added the css into the default template but I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/site/public_html/index.php on line 116

<?php
print("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" media=\"all\" href=\"test.css\">");
$number=5;
$category=1;
$start_from=1;
?>

You can't just enter code anywhere in PHP - if your going to call me crap at php, learn the syntax yourself.. Because my code is corrected, and the slashes added.

Excellent
12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
<?php
print("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" media=\"all\" href=\"test.css\">");
$number=5;
$category=1;
$start_from=1;
?>You can't just enter code anywhere in PHP - if your going to call me crap at php, learn the syntax yourself.. Because my code is corrected, and the slashes added.Bless you peasant but as I know nothing about cutenews and only followed chris's instructions you can hardly say I don't know php..

Also, you should use echo, not print.. echo is around 10-20% faster than print dear :)

Independent
12-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Bless you peasant but as I know nothing about cutenews and only followed chris's instructions you can hardly say I don't know php..

Also, you should use echo, not print.. echo is around 10-20% faster than print dear :)
print: 574ms over {216 + … + 21} i

I prefer print.. although you are correct.

Excellent
12-06-2008, 08:25 PM
echo: 463ms over {216 + … + 21} iterations
print: 574ms over {216 + … + 21} iterations

You forgot something hunny x

EDIT: Which also brings me to the point that echo is faster than print as it takes 463 ms to echo out a string of text and it takes 574 for print.

Independent
12-06-2008, 09:01 PM
echo: 463ms over {216 + … + 21} iterations
print: 574ms over {216 + … + 21} iterations

You forgot something hunny x

EDIT: Which also brings me to the point that echo is faster than print as it takes 463 ms to echo out a string of text and it takes 574 for print.
Knowing that doesn't exactly mean you rule at php, you don't even know the syntax so you will get nowhere until you've learnt it.

Source
12-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think you are in a position to insult people on their php and coding skills. Look at Nivade, if that isn't a bad example of how not to make a site, then I don't know what is.

It bugs me that you are so cocky about everything, yet you can't do things overly correctly yourself. Also bugs me you banned my account on nivade because I told you about a possible security flaw, and yet I did nothing. Well done.

Excellent
12-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Knowing that doesn't exactly mean you rule at php, you don't even know the syntax so you will get nowhere until you've learnt it.I don't know syntax when yours didn't work? right okay christopher columbus. In my defense I was simply following what tom said as I know absolutely jack shack about cutenews.

Independent
12-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't know syntax when yours didn't work? right okay christopher columbus. In my defense I was simply following what tom said as I know absolutely jack shack about cutenews.
Dispalying a html function in PHP, adding the slashes has nothing to do with cutenews.

Excellent
12-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Dispalying a html function in PHP, adding the slashes has nothing to do with cutenews.In which I realized my syntax was wrong after you pointed it out, I have now added the slashes. But you cannot say because I miss-used syntax that I am rubbish at PHP when, 1. As matt kindly said you are in no place to talk due to your usersystem like "social network" and your coding not working/susceptible to injections.

Independent
12-06-2008, 10:00 PM
In which I realized my syntax was wrong after you pointed it out, I have now added the slashes. But you cannot say because I miss-used syntax that I am rubbish at PHP when, 1. As matt kindly said you are in no place to talk due to your usersystem like "social network" and your coding not working/susceptible to injections.
It was a typo in the function, and I was looking for the most secure function - but I have patched it with a better method.

+ "Matt"; Why are you even posting - You was sucking up to me in the other thread, so go away please, thanks. :)

Not posting in this thread anymore, as the creator of this thread is a complete noob.

Excellent
13-06-2008, 01:43 PM
It was a typo in the function, and I was looking for the most secure function - but I have patched it with a better method.

+ "Matt"; Why are you even posting - You was sucking up to me in the other thread, so go away please, thanks. :)

Not posting in this thread anymore, as the creator of this thread is a complete noob.Yeah.. typo in full functions.. Matt was posting to save a bunch of others doing it, you're as much of a noob at php as I am, we both make mistakes but you seem to think you rule over the rest. Please stay away from these forums if you thinkyou can rule the roost.

Source
13-06-2008, 03:07 PM
EXCUSE ME SIR

"You was sucking up to me in the other thread, so go away please, thanks. "

I would love a link to where I was sucking up, giving constructive criticism yes, but sucking up to someone that calls another person a noob... no. Plus why would I suck up to a c-grade php programmer when I run a respectful design studio in Guildford... Also during this advice I was giving you, you banned me for apparently trying to compromise the security of the site... when I said you should check it.

If we are using this immature language then in fact you are a 'noob' for even going anywhere near this pathetic word for an insult.

Now then it's about time you grow up minor, I can't believe people trust you with there details on an SNS.

Independent
13-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Lol, fair enough - but you need to learn the syntax.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!