PDA

View Full Version : Your views on 2012 "dooms day"?

Swinkid
13-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Do YOU think it will happen?

I. myself do not think it will. the evidence that it will happen, just don't add up! reason being is that "planet X" is the commit ment to be hitting us, and didnt NASA pull that prank? Anyway, "Planet X" was ment to be in a forming galaxy that was giving off infered signals, correct? well if this were true, by now we should of been able to pick it up by now.
Another theory is that the mayan calender ENDS in 2012, so other scientists thought that the calender ends there because the old greek scientists found a way to see what will happen in the future.
Also, Awhile back they said the world was going to end in 2007, well, i don't seem dead. do you?

Links on this subject i have found:

No doomsday 2012 (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/19/no-doomsday-in-2012/)
2012: No planet X (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/25/2012-no-planet-x/)

Nemo
13-06-2008, 06:30 PM
i lol@it :]

kk.
13-06-2008, 06:32 PM
well, you're always going to get people who are saying the worlds going to end in year XXXX. I remember being told it was meant to in 2004 or something (July 7th or something). I really dont think anything is going to happen.

As for this 'planet X', it will not hit us... Although the earth is quite big, it is very unlikely to be heading straight towards our planet. If it is the size of a comet/asteroid and it just goes past us, maybe some debris will fall in the atmosphere but that is it. It will change course because of our gravity anyway. If it is going to hit us, by then we would have plans to destroy it before it hits us. Whether it be somesort of misile which will blow it up or any other random plan. Once it is blown up, small chunks of it will fall through the atmosphere and hit earth but will not destroy our whole civilization. A few deaths would happen and thats about it :)

Swinkid
13-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Added abit at end:

Also, Awhile back they said the world was going to end in 2007, well, i don't seem dead. do you?

Also good point above, i remember that and also someone telling me something about a astroid, but i was too young to remember before the year 2000, the earliest i remember was at school and we changed the year to 1999, and that is still vague

Misawa
13-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Of course it won't.

Plank
13-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Doubt it will happen.

Juch
13-06-2008, 10:16 PM
:rolleyes_

kk.
13-06-2008, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes_
i have to say that this post completely sums up the whole of the thread lol.

Recursion
13-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Most of the time comets etc... break up in the atmosphere anyway :/

I don't want to die in 2012 but ya know, I don't believe it will end anyway.

N-Dubz
13-06-2008, 11:25 PM
if it does then i'll LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Its freaky because never has there been a proper official date that is the same in so many diffrent cultures, religions, scietensts and goverment.

Coming years we are predicted to get more Droughts or w/e, floods, Hurricans, Tusami's, Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions, Global Warming, Famine, Human Suffering, Disease, Disgread for human life, WAR, increase terroist attacks, increased nuclear threat and the emergence of anti-christ.

21 Decemeber 2012.
The ancient Mayan foretold of the final day.
The Hopi Indians see a great Purification of Earth.
Nostradamus (who predicated alot) speaks of devestating asteroid.
The chinese "I Ching" predicts the end of History.
The bible foretells of coming Apocalypse.
The prophecies of St Malachy predict only one more pope.
Edgar Cayce predicts the return of Atlantis.
Albert Einsten warns of polar shift.
NASA confirms Intense Solar storms are coming.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8&feature=related

?
weird looooooooool.

Ugawa
13-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Typical we finally get the olympics here nd we're all ment to die!

I know not alot of people like the English but sheesh lol.

lol

XX

Titch
14-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Day after my brithday rolf!

i will have to make sure i getting apsoltly wasted then on my brithday as i am going to die next day :P

stratosphere2
14-06-2008, 01:54 PM
It's not doomsday. A "long count" ends on this day and a new "long count" begins. Nothing major will happen.

-Liam
14-06-2008, 02:03 PM
I told my cousin it was going to end in 2004. he was 12 and cried irl.

Loqo
14-06-2008, 02:05 PM
It will be just another day. I'll propably be in bed. :)

Nixt
14-06-2008, 02:09 PM
The world is going to end.............. tomorrow!!!!!! AAAAAAuhasufhahhhhhhhhhASYGFASYDGFujhadf Oh MY gee.

If someone says this everyone jumps to the conclusion the world is going to end. It's simply not true. People create ridiculous theories about ridiculous things and other people believe it. Why, oh why.

N-Dubz
14-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd rather I not be a cocky idiot and think I know it all, and know it wont end, because I dont.

There will be a day the world ends, theres no saying it wont be then.. really. :P

JackBuddy
14-06-2008, 02:46 PM
what a stupid thread lol

[Chris]
14-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Its freaky because never has there been a proper official date that is the same in so many diffrent cultures, religions, scietensts and goverment.

Coming years we are predicted to get more Droughts or w/e, floods, Hurricans, Tusami's, Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions, Global Warming, Famine, Human Suffering, Disease, Disgread for human life, WAR, increase terroist attacks, increased nuclear threat and the emergence of anti-christ.

1. 21 Decemeber 2012.
2. The ancient Mayan foretold of the final day.
3. The Hopi Indians see a great Purification of Earth.
4. Nostradamus (who predicated alot) speaks of devestating asteroid.
5. The chinese "I Ching" predicts the end of History.
6. The bible foretells of coming Apocalypse.
7. The prophecies of St Malachy predict only one more pope.
8. Edgar Cayce predicts the return of Atlantis.
9. Albert Einsten warns of polar shift.
10. NASA confirms Intense Solar storms are coming.

?
weird looooooooool.

Ok, so heres what i think

2. The mayans are OOOLLLDDD, they have been proved to be a smart race, they didnt foresee 9/11 did they? (even though thats not as important)
3. Hopi indians see "purification" the world, i recon its just another wacky race , whats there to purify? i personally have no idea
4. Did he mention 2012?
5. Same as above
6. Same as above
7. When was this predicted? and roman catholics might rule out the need for popes - doesnt mean the end of the world
8. The return of atlantis.. Hmm, it hasnt yet been proved that atlantis existed, never remind return
9. Hmm, he WAS smart, but a polar shift doesnt mean destruction of the earth/human race
10. NASA has been wrong in the past, but they might be right, not even they know WHEN its going to happen..

Well, thats what i think

i personally disagree with all this :)

- Chris

apollo
14-06-2008, 03:05 PM
OH MY GOD A CALENDAR IS GOING 2 FINISH EVERYONE DIE

mayans are so stupid they could just buy a new one?????

cocaine
14-06-2008, 03:14 PM
hahha the mayans didnt see themselves being wiped out tho did they

Swinkid
14-06-2008, 03:25 PM
What if everybody jumps at the same time, causing the earth to shift a lil so it all misses us xD

Nah but rly, i dont think ti will happen, this happend the same way ages ago but tbh the earth isnt old enough to end.
As someone else said, a new long count will start. but im getting freaked now, i need somit to forget about this o.o

Hiro
14-06-2008, 04:12 PM
My calendar ends on the 31st December 2008. :(

Tbh, I hope it does happen then everyone can stop talking about it..

Frisky
14-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh, well apparently the internet is going to end in 2012 xD

What a coincidence...

GommeInc
14-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Why would you believe it? There have been loads of stories told so far, and if you believed them then the planet blew up within the last 50 years to their logic "/

Agnostic Bear
14-06-2008, 04:35 PM
You have it all wrong, it's in 23 days when they start buggering with the large hadron collider!

Spiffing
14-06-2008, 04:39 PM
before i thought its all ** but scientific capabilities are growing and becoming more dangerous so ya know, part of me thinks it could happen
spose it could be like the guy who said a plane will hit the trade center, nobody believed him and bam look what happened ;l
expect the unexpected (H)

N-Dubz
14-06-2008, 05:29 PM
;4819215']Ok, so heres what i think

2. The mayans are OOOLLLDDD, they have been proved to be a smart race, they didnt foresee 9/11 did they? (even though thats not as important)
3. Hopi indians see "purification" the world, i recon its just another wacky race , whats there to purify? i personally have no idea
4. Did he mention 2012?
5. Same as above
6. Same as above
7. When was this predicted? and roman catholics might rule out the need for popes - doesnt mean the end of the world
8. The return of atlantis.. Hmm, it hasnt yet been proved that atlantis existed, never remind return
9. Hmm, he WAS smart, but a polar shift doesnt mean destruction of the earth/human race
10. NASA has been wrong in the past, but they might be right, not even they know WHEN its going to happen..

Well, thats what i think

- Chris

The Mayans calender was so accurate it predicted eclipses thousands of years into the future.. The mayan calender mysterious ends in Decemeber 2012. There calander is more accurate then our own. In the 8th century AD they predicted white skinned bearded guards would arrive from across the sea 1519, the calender ended up being accurate.
The Web Bot, began in the late 1990's to predict things, and hints of the future.. The web bots track record is impressive, earthquakes have been predicted 3000 dying, and water rising (2004 tusami), the massive east coast power outage 2003, hurrricane katrina. Now the Web Bot predicts a series of contastraphies predicted in 2012?
Oracle is a individual is a person who has a connection with a God, one of the most important Oracle's lived in Rome, she was called the Sible lived in a cave, around the 6th century BC.. She would predict things, she would go into a trance. She wrote her predictions on Oak Leaves. She predicted the world would last in 9 periods 800 years each, 10th generation would begin 2000 ad and it would be the last. She predicted "The earth shall be shaken by earthquakes, many cities go into sea. There shall be Fire coming from the heavens, many cities burn - ashes fill the sky." In the 6th century BC she predicted Invasion of Italy by hanniabl 700 years before it happened, and his ultimate defeat. She predicted the rise of the emperor constatine or w/e 800 years before he was born, by name. She predicted Jesus 20 years before he was born.

In 2012 the sun with be exact aligmnt with the sun and milky way galaxy, no one knows what the effect will be on Earth.
Pole shift, which could happen in days - hours. Changing position of north and south pole. It would be more then a disaster. It is backed by science from Albert Einstein, the poles have also shifted before. 800 million years ago. Even if pole shift happened over years, global warming baby.
The identicial doomsday date is in "ICHING" chinese books, years and years old. The way this works if fortune telling, you simply ask a question and flip 3 coins, if mostly tales draw a straight line mostly heads draw a broken line, this is repeated 6 times till you have 6 broken and straight lines these are called hexigrams. 64 possiable complications, and text is connected to them and gives you some reading on the future. It is has been proved to be outstanding appropriate. I Ching remains a best seller today. Only in the past decades has the I ching became an oricale of doom. In the 64 hexigrams in the ICHING there is a pattern, the 6 lines and 65 possiable combinations can be a ratio of change and plotted on a graph when it was mapped, it all matched the 4,000 years of history, it repeats 64 times over history. Fall of roman empire, new world, and world wars of 20th century. Came to and end on one date, December 21st 2012.
Merlin, was very diffrent from the "image" given to him. He was considered to be one of europes greatest oracles, predicting terroist attacks and global warming. The prophecies of Merlin predict centuries ahead, he predicted America or something like that before America was found.. Predicting the British victory of Napoleion, and Nazi Holocast or w/e. "A man from the shore of england speak instantly from the shore of france through a speaking stone" .. Cellphones?
Merlin said "London shall morn for the death of 20,000 and the river thames shall turn to blood." .. Merlin ends with "planets will run out of there appointed paths, run riot." This could only happen if our earth changed rotation. Centurys after Merlin, her timeline of doom is IDENTICAL.
"When pictures look alive with movement free, when ships like fishs swim in the sea, when like stripping birds can fly, then shall the world dripping with blood shall die.""Around the world thought will fly, woman dressed like men in trouser wear and cut of all there locks of hair". She predicted death of HENRY VIII, predicting world war 1 and 2. Going by name 'MOTHER SHIPTON'.
Bible predicts war, on books of revulation or w/e.. St. John wrote this.
Flying creatures (helicopters?), Disease that kill 1 quater of earth. Global warfare centered in east. Anti-Christ leader. Detailed, and strange.. He said 666 marks the beast, a code for the Anti-Christ?
Later on, Native American's predicted the future.

Sorry I wrote a book, ahaha. Just saves you watching an hour programme. Source -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZUzFYwZlXA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecTE6lXI-m0&feature=related

PaintYourTarget
14-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Things like Terrorist attacks can't be predicted because the variables change all the time, however the trajectory of an asteroid can as it's nearly always constant.

Though, by 2012 I'll have got my degree and will be settled into my job with the Royal Engineers. It's good to know that if ****'s going down, I might be helping the cause :D

Gnome
14-06-2008, 05:45 PM
ill just sleep, or try out raiding a store for the fun, something like that.

Swinkid
14-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Hang on, wasn't there somit about this awhile back on the news? saying that they were sending bomb to try move the comit of corse? Neways wouldnt this be all over news or somit important to say that i was happenin.
Now this is in 4 years, if this wer true, we would see signs now, but there arnt any. (ie: Earthquakes every few months, more desease etc..) but there isn't

kk.
14-06-2008, 06:00 PM

21 Decemeber 2012.
The ancient Mayan foretold of the final day.
The Hopi Indians see a great Purification of Earth.
Nostradamus (who predicated alot) speaks of devestating asteroid.
The chinese "I Ching" predicts the end of History.
The bible foretells of coming Apocalypse.
The prophecies of St Malachy predict only one more pope.
Edgar Cayce predicts the return of Atlantis.
Albert Einsten warns of polar shift.
NASA confirms Intense Solar storms are coming.

?
weird looooooooool.
can i just say on the bold part that this is a natural thing that the earth goes through. Its a cycle just like our seasons only dragged out for years upon years. :)

N-Dubz
14-06-2008, 06:01 PM
thats why i said there will be MORE, or cant you read now?
:D

lScottl2
14-06-2008, 07:17 PM
maybe the mayans thought they would still be here on that day but they were so stupid that they got wiped out

kk.
14-06-2008, 07:21 PM
can you not read? I said the earth goes in a cycle. The weather as we call it gradually gets worse over time so their are going to be more hurrcanes, tornados, tsunamis etc and then after the worst of it, it well gradually decrease to a warmer climate. And then it goes round again. Ice ages also occur somewhere between all these cycles

Hiro
14-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Hang on, wasn't there somit about this awhile back on the news? saying that they were sending bomb to try move the comit of corse? Neways wouldnt this be all over news or somit important to say that i was happenin.
Now this is in 4 years, if this wer true, we would see signs now, but there arnt any. (ie: Earthquakes every few months, more desease etc..) but there isn't

it wouldn't be over the news as media try to cover these things up, the government is a conspiracy.

apollo
14-06-2008, 07:23 PM
STOCK UP ON UR WATER PPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS GONNA BE A LONG WINTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :l

GreenCrayons.
16-06-2008, 07:57 PM
as always i think people are jumping to conclusions

Ezzie.
17-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Oh my god.. I just saw Jesus in my innocent smoothie.

Thus if I conclude to these crazy assumptions, christ will come down in the form of an innocent smoothie, those who drink said smoothie will be taken into smoothie heaven.

Basic point of the story, this whole 2012 thing seems to basically be making wild assumptions based on things that have no correlation atall. But believe what you will, I'll be blasting some Bob marley whilst you guys run about in your tin foil hats :)

Recursion
17-06-2008, 06:26 AM
And I shall probably be out having a good time with some friends.

Personally I think its all **.

lew!
17-06-2008, 06:50 AM
;4819215']Ok, so heres what i think

4. Did he mention 2012?
5. Same as above
6. Same as above

Well, thats what i think

- Chris

For questions 4 5 and 6, yes, they did mention that it would end in 2012.
They worked out the i ching by doubling the length of the book or something and then they found out that the book 'ends' in 2012.

cocaine
17-06-2008, 06:59 AM
if their calender ran out why didnt they buy a new one?

Aces
17-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I doubt it, but if it's going to happen we'll be the first to know ;)

steve12345
17-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Check my whole theory on my web page! Doomsday will be upon us soon, and we will all die... unfortunatley.
Post your comments on my theory if you want below.:D

http://rickrolled.fr

Ezzie.
17-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Fail is failed ^

Wootzeh
17-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Check my whole theory on my web page! Doomsday will be upon us soon, and we will all die... unfortunatley.
Post your comments on my theory if you want below.:D

http://rickrolled.fr
putting rickroll in the url makes it obvious!!1

N-Dubz
17-06-2008, 01:15 PM
there is lots of things showing there will be a dramatic change in 2012, but i dont see it ending lol but i dunno.

lol if it did lol!

Monitor
18-06-2008, 02:06 PM
We get this same thing every year, becomes tedious after a while.

HotelUser
20-06-2008, 12:44 AM
I think I read that there were over 7 doomsday predictions from 2000-2007..as far as I can tell none of them have happened. An interesting doomsday prediction made hundreds and hundreds of years ago by Metis suggests that the galactic equator crossing shall occur 2012, and shall end "the great 5,000 year cycle."

Moh
20-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Ohhhh Noes were all gona die!

Will people stop with these stupid doomsdays. There has been loads, and have any of them happened? Nope.

HotelUser
20-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Ohhhh Noes were all gona die!

Will people stop with these stupid doomsdays. There has been loads, and have any of them happened? Nope.

A man who knows what he's talking about. Couldn't have said it any better my self.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!