PDA

View Full Version : Vista SP1 Trouble

Firehorse
14-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I had vista sp1 and it kept freezing my computer, even when I was doing the simplest thing like watching an iplayer download. Rebooting from disk didn't help and my computer isn't a low end computer, it's normally very fast. I found that uninstalling sp1 stopped the freezing. Does anyone have any clue why sp1 does this? Does this happen to you too? When it freezes it doesn't unfreeze after a while so you have to crash the pc and sometimes it would do it extremely oftenly. I dunno why but it did it more in the evenings...

I've turned auto update off so it wouldn't keep bugging me but I would like to get sp1 back without it freezing if anyone here knows how I can fix it.

Stephen!
14-06-2008, 05:16 PM
SP1 was known to break some computers from certain manufacturers. They are still fixing it

Aces
16-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Yea, they are fixing it.
Just wait for a while and try now and then.

Frisky
16-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Update your computer if you can

Edit: just read last sentance! LOL

I installed it and it's fine for me o.O?

Where did you purchase it from?
I got mine from www.novatech.co.uk

Stephen!
16-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Update your computer if you can

It's the update that's causing the problem..?

Recursion
17-06-2008, 06:04 AM
And it doesn't matter where he bought the computer.

He bought a Dell and Microsoft know that Service Pack 1 has problems with most OEM manufacturers like Dell, HP etc.. because the OEM's drivers are total crap.

Infact you shouldn't even be seeing it on the download list until you update drivers etc...

Also, I always turn Automatic update off, It will tell me when new updates are available but I pick what to download and install :P

Edited by Hayd93(Forum Super Moderator): Posts merged due to forum lag :).

Oleh
18-06-2008, 08:37 PM
My laptop crashes now when i have msn open i just had an update and its doing it:( its not sp1 for me as it works perfect with it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!