PDA

View Full Version : How often do you back up?

mike475
14-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm interested to see how often people back up. If you dont, why not?

I do a full image back up onto an external hard drive once every 3 - 5 days.

LostProphets
15-06-2008, 12:02 AM
As you're a coder you would have to, but i dont back up at all,
My most important stuff is on the external hard-drive i have.
And thats like MMO's and stuff.
I have 100+ gb left which is fine.

Jordy
15-06-2008, 12:07 AM
I have software (Memeo autobackup) which automatically updates and adds any file on my computer to my external hard-drive.

I also use software which automatically backs-up very important data files to my memory stick when that's connected and I also backup a proportion of my files (Excluding downloads and pictures) to my iPod every few days.

Every month I put all the family photos on a DVD Disk and I think that's it. All the computers in my house automatically back-up to the same external HD on the Network so it's all easily accessible. Considering backing up online soon too, because if we have a house fire that could wipe out my ipod, memory stick, computers, external HD and disks.

You've got to prepared for all situations, since my mum lost her work project with some XP Error we've been super careful and excessive backing-up.

Stephen!
15-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't back up. All the stuff I download goes straight onto my second hard drive. So yeah, if that went i'd loose everything.

But it's pretty hard and expensive to backup 1.5TB

Misawa
15-06-2008, 12:54 AM
I simply do not.

Independent
15-06-2008, 04:00 AM
I have an external system which backs up all of my user data once every day (Weekdays: 1630 Weekends: 2300)

Zaub
15-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Not as often as I should :P

bo$$
15-06-2008, 06:35 AM
I don't because I don't give two *****.

xxMATTGxx
15-06-2008, 06:42 AM
I don't back up because I don't have any external hard drives to back onto. But when I do, I shall start backing up every so often. :)

Recursion
15-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Buy a Timecapsule matt! ;)

I backup IMPORTANT files every so often.

Aces
15-06-2008, 07:23 AM
I don't because I don't give two *****.
Instead of coming onto the forum acting cool, go outside and get a beating ;)

Also, I usually back up every month or so.

xxMATTGxx
15-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Buy a Timecapsule matt! ;)

I backup IMPORTANT files every so often.

I'm actually looking into one of them but iPhone 3G first ;]

Hitman
15-06-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't, I have files on my external HDD and I'll just hope that it doesn't let me down. :P

Josh-H
15-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Every few minutes thanks to time machine. :)

N!ck
15-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I have a second copy of some of my music and that's it. I have too much stuff to sustainably backup really.

Recursion
15-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Every few minutes thanks to time machine. :)

That isn't classed as backup.

Backing up means moving it to another drive.

xxMATTGxx
15-06-2008, 09:14 AM

Time Machine is a back up, he could have it hooked up to an external hard drive or even Time Capsule.

Leetzgirl
15-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I dont use back up tbh.

Been lucky so far,

Jordy
15-06-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't back up because I don't have any external hard drives to back onto. But when I do, I shall start backing up every so often. :)You can always back-up using the traditional ways on disks or ipods.

darkchicken101
15-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I have copies of my data spread around but nothing is really backed up because I don't have anywhere to put it.

joshuar
15-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Got a copy of most of my stuff on my desktop upstairs, but that's all.

Don't have the time or money to backup regulary.

Josh-H
15-06-2008, 10:42 AM

It backs everything up to an external usb hard drive.

iJoe
15-06-2008, 10:48 AM
all my music is on my ipod, thats it really :s

The Professor
15-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Never :( Considering I've lost everything on my PC like 3 times now, you'd have thought I'd have learnt :P

Jamesy
15-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I do it one lump every few months... years... whenever I feel like it...

Judge Judy
15-06-2008, 10:55 AM
I don't backup due to no External Hard Drive things, and I do not want to spend money on disks and use my iPod because I could save up for a hard drive, and it wastes precious music space :P

Jamesy
15-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I have 4, very badly labelled DVD's full of my downloads, music, videos, games, utilities and other important information.

Recursion
15-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I can't backup 40GB worth of Music, 80GB worth of Movies/download :[

iUnknown
15-06-2008, 12:08 PM
If I had an external hard drive I would. I don't know where I can find a huge one from. The problem is I probably need atleast 150 GB. Anyone want to recommend something? (Windows)

Decode
15-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I only back up my websites, i dont backup my music. I lost all my music once, but i managed to get it back off my ipod :P

Josh-H
15-06-2008, 12:23 PM
If I had an external hard drive I would. I don't know where I can find a huge one from. The problem is I probably need atleast 150 GB. Anyone want to recommend something? (Windows)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136212

:)

Axel
15-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Almost never.

bo$$
15-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Instead of coming onto the forum acting cool, go outside and get a beating ;)

Also, I usually back up every month or so.

Er.. excuse me?
Coming onto the forum acting cool?
First of all; I am cool.
Secondly; How the hell am I coming onto the forum acting cool?
He said "If you don't, why not?" Bloody moron. I answered. I do not backup anything on my computer because I DONT CARE. If I lost all my files, I DONT CARE.

Instead of attempting to insult me when I've been here longer then you, go outside and get a beating :) Thanks.

Aces
16-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Er.. excuse me?
Coming onto the forum acting cool?
First of all; I am cool.
Secondly; How the hell am I coming onto the forum acting cool?
He said "If you don't, why not?" Bloody moron. I answered. I do not backup anything on my computer because I DONT CARE. If I lost all my files, I DONT CARE.

Instead of attempting to insult me when I've been here longer then you, go outside and get a beating :) Thanks.
Firstly, You think your cool, your nowhere near.
Secondly, above
I think that's all I'll have to say.
PS. I hope your proud you been on a forum longer then me, something you wanna tell your children, right?

You
16-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I only back up my music & pictures and downloads :D

blanky12!
16-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't need to, my pc is always full of S***T so I never need to, but just incase if anything is importent, I normally jut put them on my extra drives.

Hypertext
16-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I backup once a week. Once I get my MP and Time Capsule I'll backup once a day /w Time Machine.

bo$$
16-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Firstly, You think your cool, your nowhere near.
Secondly, above
I think that's all I'll have to say.
PS. I hope your proud you been on a forum longer then me, something you wanna tell your children, right?

lol, you think I give a toss what someone on Habbox Forum thinks of me? I'm not the type of person whos gunna sit here and slit myself because someone tried to diss how "uncool" I am. You don't know me and you never will.

PS. I hope you're proud that you tried insulting me when all I was doing was answering the question asked in the original post. I'm sure you'll be writing that one in your diary, right? :rolleyes:

Quit posting against me. Your original post was stupid, not to mention wasn't needed at all? and ^ post was just dumb period.

I understand that people get desperate while trying to insult someone so they try and use everything that they can think of, no matter how pety it is, but please, don't. :)

Have a good day.

edit; +rep for the effort though

Aces
16-06-2008, 02:18 PM
lol, you think I give a toss what someone on Habbox Forum thinks of me?

I'm not the type of person whos gunna sit here and slit myself because someone tried to diss how "uncool" I am. You don't know me and you never will.

Apparently, as you do keep responding, you do.

I'm not sure about the other part, if you want me to stop responding to you, stop posting more about this, It's that easy! ;)

bo$$
16-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Apparently, as you do keep responding, you do.

I'm not sure about the other part, if you want me to stop responding to you, stop posting more about this, It's that easy! ;)

Just because I respond doesn't mean I care about what you think of me... it just means that you were talking crap so I'm proving that you looked like an idiot for insulting me about why I don't backup my files... :rolleyes:

@the stop responding thing - I don't really care if you keep responding. I was saying it to benefit you since every post you've made so far has had no point to it and is just plain dumb. You can post to your hearts desire if that's your thing.

Aces
16-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Just because I respond doesn't mean I care about what you think of me... it just means that you were talking crap so I'm proving that you looked like an idiot for insulting me about why I don't backup my files... :rolleyes:

@the stop responding thing - I don't really care if you keep responding. I was saying it to benefit you since every post you've made so far has had no point to it and is just plain dumb. You can post to your hearts desire if that's your thing.

the part where you said you think your cool, set that record not the fact that you keep on posting

@my posts are equally good/bad as yours.

bo$$
16-06-2008, 03:17 PM
the part where you said you think your cool, set that record not the fact that you keep on posting

@my posts are equally good/bad as yours.

Not at all.. Mine have some basis to it and I'm defending myself. Yours are nothing but garbage since the whole thing started with you trying to insult me.. lol..

Anyways, I'm not gunna post anymore (and I suggest that you don't even reply to this) since this thread will probably get locked for going off topic.

Just know that next time, instead of cracking your fingers and being quick to jump the gun and insult someone (for answering the question :rolleyes: ) make sure you don't..

Aces
16-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Not at all.. Mine have some basis to it and I'm defending myself. Yours are nothing but garbage since the whole thing started with you trying to insult me.. lol..

Anyways, I'm not gunna post anymore (and I suggest that you don't even reply to this) since this thread will probably get locked for going off topic.

Just know that next time, instead of cracking your fingers and being quick to jump the gun and insult someone (for answering the question :rolleyes: ) make sure you don't..
Untrue, you my friend arent very good at this communication thing are you?

I always have the last say.

What?

I wont bother with you anymore.

Tomm
16-06-2008, 04:54 PM
All computers in my house have a full system state + all files backup taken to external hard drives connected to my server using Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers - its all automatic and in the background.

Leetzgirl
16-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Untrue, you my friend arent very good at this communication thing are you?

I always have the last say.

What?

I wont bother with you anymore.

Lol@you.

Anyways, i dont back up and dont need to

brandon
16-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't back up because I like to live dangerously.

And can you two stop aruging or have it out via pm!

bo$$
16-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't back up because I like to live dangerously.

And can you two stop aruging or have it out via pm!

Already brought it there as I said I was gunna stop in the thread :D

Barmi
17-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Time Machine sorts everything automatically for me. Lost everything once, and I don't want that to happen again.

Plank
18-06-2008, 02:59 PM
i back up probs about once a month onto another hard drive

FIFTEENK
18-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't backup to another HDD atm but I keep a copy of music on iPod (obviously) and backup all my projects online to 1 or 2 servers :)

Hayd93
18-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I backup to a online backup.

http://humyo.com is who i use verry good its just like a hdd and you drag and drop and its into you files. just did 6gb upload to there servers in about 30 mins so not bad speed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!