PDA

View Full Version : essay : a day in my life

BowTies1
15-06-2008, 01:05 PM
i know this is essay is a personnel essay but i need some tips on essay structure because known me i will just end up going i get up in morning of for a shower and eat my breakfast i need tips on how to expand on the things i do by using metaphors similes etc the essay has to be around 1000-1500 words

im not asking on what i should write so dont reply" i dont know its you life" im asking how to exapand on the things i do and how to structure and link the morning into the afternoon so i dont just suddenly jump to the afternoon etc

thanks

Ross

Alkaz
15-06-2008, 01:10 PM
I think you should just write about different stages in your day and like why/how you do it.

Who/What/When/Where/Why that could work here?

BowTies1
15-06-2008, 02:39 PM
yeh thanks good idea :) im going to start it in my dreams :) then my mum waking me up and ittll go from there

BowTies1
15-06-2008, 03:03 PM
ive started it but ive wrote alot of crap :) but i cant be bothers changing it so ill just leave n see what the teacher says

Holofoil
18-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Go over the top with descriptions. Stick adverbs everywhere. For example, if you draw the curtains, describe how you drew them, and what they did, and what happened when you did, and what you could see, and how you reacted to that.

e.e. I ambled over to the curtains, squinting at the blazing sun that pierced through the gap. I grabbed ahold of the curtains and drew them slowly, revealing the bustling urban city life below. I peered over the streets, observing the passers by. Adults tugged at their children's hands, hauling them off to school. Cars beeped at eachother, impatiently. A couple of pigeons quarreled over some leftovers from someone's breakfast sandwich, pecking vigorously at the crumbs.

So that's 4 sentences 100% waffle. But damn is that good waffle. And you haven't even left your bedroom yet. So much more happens in the day than you think :P

Crazychic
25-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Is that a piece of English coursework?
I think I got an A* on that.
I was really shocked seeing as I am going to fail English :(

Love Beth xxx

Fehm
29-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I got my 19/20 on this :) a* rite.. Lol what i did was used Humour as a source of entertainment! I think the best element is to randomely start babbling on about things in this style of essay like: I set off from home for another boring day at the prison, a.k.a School! Builders working on the new houses down the road terrify me with their big machinery, stupid people, there not gonna buy the houses anyway, they look atrocious.

That kinda thing. that was off the top of my head!! :D:D lol

Goodluck. im sure youll do fine!

iChaz
03-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Just use like a adjective after every word? lmao, off topic: hey ross! remember me!? Summer Sun Resort in August hiyaaaaa

BowTies1
03-07-2008, 12:27 PM
hmmm a bit hey

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!