PDA

View Full Version : the army

Turnip
15-06-2008, 08:40 PM
i'm really thinkin about signing up, and see'in if i can get in. but i need help with the fitness side of it, anyone been in the army or have family in the army, and know the best ways to get in good shape for it?

Titch
15-06-2008, 08:48 PM
My uncle was in army from age of 16 till 33. He said it was best time of his life and when he came out he had built up over 300,000 in wages stored in bank!

I plan on leaving school next year and going straight into army aswell, Bets bet is going out everyday for a 3-4 mile run in morning and maby go to gym?

Yoshimitsui
15-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Join a local athletics club or running group!

Jongo
15-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I would recommend just basically having a jog in the morning for about a mile or something. Then it's best to have a light breakfast or something which boosts energy, for example and egg on toast. I know in the Officer Training for the RAF you have to run 1.5 miles regularly and also attend swimming tests, I'd imagine regular soldiers do the same. Have you been to a careers office yet? You can get a DVD with all the information on training, it's really worth a visit as well to see the opportunity's

Corporal
15-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Go onto the army pathfinders website, and it has a fitness guide on there.
once ur onto the hardest level maintain that and u will ace it.
also on ur army running tests dont do ur best, as this will put into the higher class and them PTI's will propper nail you.

le harry
16-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm positive Garion is in the army, i'm sure he wont mind talking about it. :)

Pyroka
16-06-2008, 10:48 AM
No Harry, thats the navy! :P Nah, I dont think Garion is in the army yet, he's in B&Q atm. Just ask RaveFM, he's seen him there whilst 'looking for doors'.

Aces
16-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I've been thinking about joining the army, made up my mind and the answer is no!

Euapoual
16-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Im joining the army college, i think you should do that first.

Janczyk
16-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Just don't use the army as a get out clause for school because you won't even get accepted.

Mint
16-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I joined the the army cadet's when I was 13 and have really got to a good rank, I have met the queen and I have also done my duke of edingbrugh + many more achievements. I am thinking of moving up into the army soon. What I have learned from going to real military army bases on camp's is that you need to be physically fit and always do what you are told without question. I have had many telling off's and it really isn't an enjoyable experience. You have to be really tough to join the army and most of the time you are risking your life so that's why it's a hard decision for me if I want to join the army and you should really consider it aswell. One thing you should do though is wait till the soldiers are out of Iraq!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!