PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Own Layout

Meti
16-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey,
I've done some blank layouts, with black border. All you have to do, is filling them with colours, add some images, and then post them here.
You can do this on Paint, Photoshop, and all the other programs which are the same.

Template 1: (right click and save)
http://images.habboupload.com/1213708543.png
Template 2: (right click and save)
http://images.habboupload.com/1213633674.png
Template 3: (right click and save)
http://images.habboupload.com/1213654746.png

Good luck!
Hoping forward to see your layouts =)

Best regards,
Meti

Kieran
16-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Hoping foward? That's a new one :P
Do you mean looking forward? ;)

And nice of you to take the effort of doing this for people. + Rep :)

Pazza
16-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't like them

There aren't many colours, and it isnt in style of the new habbo. You need a decent banner, and the text needs to stand more.

jks, nice of you to do ;)

Meti
16-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Lol. Thanks =)
Tenatious, you know what I mean =)

Blazz
16-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't like them

There aren't many colours, and it isnt in style of the new habbo. You need a decent banner, and the text needs to stand more.

jks, nice of you to do ;)

Haha!

Meti their nice :D I might make a quick one for the sake of it. If its bad, dont flame, I got a 15 min timeline as i need to edit this post so I don't get sued by the mods.

oookay... I couldnt do it :D

NEW-START
16-06-2008, 06:45 PM
You've wasted your time with this, and you're encouraging people to make terrible designs. Well done, you dolt.

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Pazza
16-06-2008, 07:30 PM
You've wasted your time with this, and you're encouraging people to make terrible designs. Well done, you dolt.

How has he?

He's helping people understand the basics, it saves people lots of time if they want to experiment with different designs?

chrisgocrazyH
17-06-2008, 06:05 AM
yeah i was bored....

:D!

http://www.tehupload.com/images/app-24273626904854727950.png

Kieran
17-06-2008, 07:33 AM
That actually looks pretty good! So to whichever moron said he was a dolt for making the template can shove that design in your pipe and smoke it :) That's probably better than 75% of designs you see on here!

Meti
17-06-2008, 10:44 AM
yeah i was bored....

It's nice =)

See, people can make layouts from my templates =)
And NEW-START, I actually do something for all the members :rolleyes:

Excellent
17-06-2008, 12:41 PM
You've wasted your time with this, and you're encouraging people to make terrible designs. Well done, you dolt.Okay I'm starting to get sick of your attitude now, why don't you just shutup you immature fool and get back to your somewhat "good designs". He was doing people a favour as not many people have the inspiration for habbo designs. Don't bother posting in this thread if all you're going to do is post stupid comments because they just make you looked like a grounded kid trying to let out some male testosterone "dolt".:rolleyes:

On-topic - well done meti, they look like really nice templates.

Stepheen
17-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Okay I'm starting to get sick of your attitude now, why don't you just shutup you immature fool and get back to your somewhat "good designs". He was doing people a favour as not many people have the inspiration for habbo designs. Don't bother posting in this thread if all you're going to do is post stupid comments because they just make you looked like a grounded kid trying to let out some male testosterone "dolt".:rolleyes:

That's Scott for you (:

Meti
17-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Nice comment there Lucas =)

Good luck making your layouts =)

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 03:32 PM
How has he?

He's helping people understand the basics, it saves people lots of time if they want to experiment with different designs?

Spoon feeding isn't a way to teach. The information is right there. If someone wants to learn how to design, the best thing to do is pull out a pencil and a pad of paper then start drawing. Then, transfer their ideas into a graphics program and experiment. That way they are learning new techniques and doing it themselves instead of using an 'IKEA Pop-Up' template.

yeah i was bored....

That has potential. If it was wider and you put more dummies around, it would look better. No point using a template like you've used as it just wastes your time and doesn't let you learn.

That actually looks pretty good! So to whichever moron said he was a dolt for making the template can shove that design in your pipe and smoke it :) That's probably better than 75% of designs you see on here!

No, you've failed. 75% of the designs you see on here are dog turds, so it's not hard to jump that bar.

It's nice =)

See, people can make layouts from my templates =)
And NEW-START, I actually do something for all the members :rolleyes:

He can make a good layout if he never used your stupid template. For your information, you do nothing for members apart from give them excuses to be a 'lazy designer'. You have the power of crushing someones talent by giving them somethign so shabby and disgusting as that.

I've helped many people who have came and gone by giving them advice and telling them how to be successful. However, I only give it to those I feel have got a talent. You have potential if you went back to the basics and started fresh.

Okay I'm starting to get sick of your attitude now, why don't you just shutup you immature fool and get back to your somewhat "good designs". He was doing people a favour as not many people have the inspiration for habbo designs. Don't bother posting in this thread if all you're going to do is post stupid comments because they just make you looked like a grounded kid trying to let out some male testosterone "dolt".:rolleyes:

You insist that I'm immature after typing that? Grab your head and smash it off a curb, please. Your post sums up how stupid you can be. Until you can open your head to what I'm here for (which 20% of the members on here have done -- and know me inside out), there is no real point in attempting to insult me.

God, the amount of people who have attempted to argue with what I post on this forum and failed is significant -- no need to add yourself to the list.

Excellent
17-06-2008, 06:33 PM
You insist that I'm immature after typing that? Grab your head and smash it off a curb, please. Your post sums up how stupid you can be. Until you can open your head to what I'm here for (which 20% of the members on here have done -- and know me inside out), there is no real point in attempting to insult me.

God, the amount of people who have attempted to argue with what I post on this forum and failed is significant -- no need to add yourself to the list.
You may get an ego boost because some 12 year old decides to back-down but don't go thinking I will. If you're here to be a complete imbecile, stop, now. You have no common ground whatsoever, you dance about these forums throwing in your childish insults and think everyone gives a toss. From the looks of the last layout I saw from you, you're in no state to judge someone who made templates for people to use. Just keep out of this thread and get back to your corner and learn how to insult me properly, I just laugh at it right now.

Independent
17-06-2008, 06:34 PM
No offense, but I wouldn't really find this helpful if I was a newbie.

Excellent
17-06-2008, 06:37 PM
No offense, but I wouldn't really find this helpful if I was a newbie.Yes, but this could be because your style of design is much different to meti's.

Dentafrice
17-06-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.tehupload.com/images/app-24274560904854912886.png

MINES GOOD

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 06:53 PM
You may get an ego boost because some 12 year old decides to back-down but don't go thinking I will. If you're here to be a complete imbecile, stop, now. You have no common ground whatsoever, you dance about these forums throwing in your childish insults and think everyone gives a toss. From the looks of the last layout I saw from you, you're in no state to judge someone who made templates for people to use. Just keep out of this thread and get back to your corner and learn how to insult me properly, I just laugh at it right now.

I'm not insulting you at all. You're pathetically trying to fight a failing battle. You've not seen any of my 'recent work' and you probably never will as there is no point at all in displaying it here due to the fact that you lot are so poor at webdesign I couldn't care less what you think. I'm not going around throwing childish insults and I don't care what anybody thinks, I'm telling people what they should know. I'm in a pretty good state to judge work on development of websites since I've been doing it for so long.

You are typing posts without looking at yourself. You care to call me immature, yet you state: "get back to your corner and learn how to insult me properly,". I haven't heard anyone say that since I was 8. You're a failure.

MINES GOOD

Lmao.

Excellent
17-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm not insulting you at all. You're pathetically trying to fight a failing battle. You've not seen any of my 'recent work' and you probably never will as there is no point at all in displaying it here due to the fact that you lot are so poor at webdesign I couldn't care less what you think. I'm not going around throwing childish insults and I don't care what anybody thinks, I'm telling people what they should know. I'm in a pretty good state to judge work on development of websites since I've been doing it for so long.

You are typing posts without looking at yourself. You care to call me immature, yet you state: "get back to your corner and learn how to insult me properly,". I haven't heard anyone say that since I was 8. You're a failure.

Lmao.I'm guessing you're in denial about your life as you seem to love calling other people a failure. Look in the mirror and sort your own things out before insulting others. Pathetically trying to fight a failing battle you say? when did this become a battle? or is that what it is to you, an ego boost so you can boost how hard you are via the internet.

I've seen your type before, they can give but they cannot take, learn to take and then you will get somewhere in life. How are you in any state to judge other peoples designs on here, there is pleanty of people who can design better than you..
Invent, Klydo, RichardKnox, (Tom, forgot his name). So don't start bashing on others.

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm guessing you're in denial about your life as you seem to love calling other people a failure. Look in the mirror and sort your own things out before insulting others. Pathetically trying to fight a failing battle you say? when did this become a battle? or is that what it is to you, an ego boost so you can boost how hard you are via the internet.

I've seen your type before, they can give but they cannot take, learn to take and then you will get somewhere in life. How are you in any state to judge other peoples designs on here, there is pleanty of people who can design better than you..
Invent, Klydo, RichardKnox, (Tom, forgot his name). So don't start bashing on others.

You're guessing incorrectly. I call people a failure on what they're attempting to achieve, not on their life. I'm loving seeing you attempting to call me a failure yet you don't know how successful I've been so far in life.

An incorrect, again. You obviously can't see my pinch of sarcasm I add into most of my posts. I'm not 'hard on the internet' — nobody thinks that unless they wish a knife to be implanted in their face.

You've not seen any of my latest work so your sentence is nonsense. If you are going to attempt at all to say I cannot design, at least do it with evidence -- I changed dramatically with my approach to design a few months back and I now produce gridded, typography-styled layouts following strict web standards.

Who are you to post on this forum, huh? Yes, you are a user you incompetant idiot. Just like I'm a user to post my opinions on designs. However, I know the web development industry very well and share my knowledge with people who deserve it.

Indeed, there are better designers than me on this forum, I never said their was. I'm closely related to them all as they can think outside the box and have great skill in what they do, unlike mostly everyone on this forum. Simon, Greg (can be alright), Richard and Tom (if you mean redtom) are good and I've worked with them before. Greg I can be harsh on indeed because he always thinks his life is great and everybody else should bow down to him.

I'm only harsh on people who deserve it. If someone posts saying "well I quite like it so i am not taking your advice," I wish to find the nearest gun and fire it at their head. Until that can happen, I tend to just be harsh on them. I've got no 'internet ego' as you claim, you're just wishing I did as you are pulling out everything in an attempt to get me to back down. Isn't going to work buddy, so you may aswell give it up.

Excellent
17-06-2008, 08:01 PM
You're guessing incorrectly. I call people a failure on what they're attempting to achieve, not on their life. I'm loving seeing you attempting to call me a failure yet you don't know how successful I've been so far in life.

An incorrect, again. You obviously can't see my pinch of sarcasm I add into most of my posts. I'm not 'hard on the internet' — nobody thinks that unless they wish a knife to be implanted in their face.

You've not seen any of my latest work so your sentence is nonsense. If you are going to attempt at all to say I cannot design, at least do it with evidence -- I changed dramatically with my approach to design a few months back and I now produce gridded, typography-styled layouts following strict web standards.

Who are you to post on this forum, huh? Yes, you are a user you incompetant idiot. Just like I'm a user to post my opinions on designs. However, I know the web development industry very well and share my knowledge with people who deserve it.

Indeed, there are better designers than me on this forum, I never said their was. I'm closely related to them all as they can think outside the box and have great skill in what they do, unlike mostly everyone on this forum. Simon, Greg (can be alright), Richard and Tom (if you mean redtom) are good and I've worked with them before. Greg I can be harsh on indeed because he always thinks his life is great and everybody else should bow down to him.

I'm only harsh on people who deserve it. If someone posts saying "well I quite like it so i am not taking your advice," I wish to find the nearest gun and fire it at their head. Until that can happen, I tend to just be harsh on them. I've got no 'internet ego' as you claim, you're just wishing I did as you are pulling out everything in an attempt to get me to back down. Isn't going to work buddy, so you may aswell give it up.

1. I couldn't care how successful you may have been in life. What did meti try to achieve then? nothing, he posted the templates to help people design a habbo layout, chris demonstrated how helpful they have been and produced a semi-decent design. In which right was you in any state to blab your fingers and type something to moronic about it?

2. What pinch of sarcasm? All I see is some silly posts nearlly all containing the world 'die' or relating to it.

3. I have done it with evidence, you posted a design a while back, yes it was good but bloody hell it could have been improved upon. When someone posted a comment saying how to improve you spat your dummy out as usual when someone gives you stick. Learn to take criticism. Also alot of people can produce these kind of standards, so don't go thinking you're the next best thing since sliced bread sonny.

4. I'm a human being, much like yourself but in true ways. Incompetant idiot? take a look at your posts and then decide who is incompetant. So because you may know the industry semi-well you think you're in some place to go out and post horrid comments about something? Get real, seriously.

5. Not saying you're not in contact with any of the good designers, I've heard good things about fifteenk. Don't be so hypocritical, you bang on about how good your designs are and how much you have achieved in life, so don't contest that klydo is any different.

6. Again, hypocrite, when did meti say he wasn't going to take your thoughts on board? Oh wait, you didn't give him any thoughts, you rather harshly told him that he's a failure and a dolt. No, you do have an ego, it's rather annoying at the fact I have to see it in nearly every bloody thread on this forum, sort it out. Thats great, I can continue this all night until you admit you're an immoral child with issues.

Stepheen
17-06-2008, 08:16 PM
This is a well good debate. (Y)

Excellent
17-06-2008, 08:17 PM
This is a well good debate. (Y)I have nothing against him but his pointless spam.

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 08:19 PM
1. I couldn't care how successful you may have been in life. What did meti try to achieve then? nothing, he posted the templates to help people design a habbo layout, chris demonstrated how helpful they have been and produced a semi-decent design. In which right was you in any state to blab your fingers and type something to moronic about it?

2. What pinch of sarcasm? All I see is some silly posts nearlly all containing the world 'die' or relating to it.

3. I have done it with evidence, you posted a design a while back, yes it was good but bloody hell it could have been improved upon. When someone posted a comment saying how to improve you spat your dummy out as usual when someone gives you stick. Learn to take criticism. Also alot of people can produce these kind of standards, so don't go thinking you're the next best thing since sliced bread sonny.

4. I'm a human being, much like yourself but in true ways. Incompetant idiot? take a look at your posts and then decide who is incompetant. So because you may know the industry semi-well you think you're in some place to go out and post horrid comments about something? Get real, seriously.

5. Not saying you're not in contact with any of the good designers, I've heard good things about fifteenk. Don't be so hypocritical, you bang on about how good your designs are and how much you have achieved in life, so don't contest that klydo is any different.

6. Again, hypocrite, when did meti say he wasn't going to take your thoughts on board? Oh wait, you didn't give him any thoughts, you rather harshly told him that he's a failure and a dolt. No, you do have an ego, it's rather annoying at the fact I have to see it in nearly every bloody thread on this forum, sort it out. Thats great, I can continue this all night until you admit you're an immoral child with issues.

1. Not what you stated earlier attempting to call me a failure, which resulted in you having **** stamped across your forehead. Meti didn't attempt to acheive anything, but acheived something: giving people the wrong style of designs. We aren't in this 800x600px design era anymore, use grids -- they come in very handy. If he posted the topic, anyone can reply so there is no point in believing you have to be at a certain level of joy with the topic starter in order to reply.

2. No.

3. Fail. Again. What design are you refering to? I don't note everyone, and I take criticism well which is why I'm at the position I am, working with a media design agency and a magazine publisher, also working on my own magazine which is a bloody pain.

4. Point four shows how immature you are. "but in true ways,". Erm, what? I'm far from incompetant. I've got a load of skills which not many people have, much like English if you think a lot is spelt alot. God, I hate it when people do that. I don't know the industry semi-well, nowhere near it and nobody on here does. There is hardly anybody that knows the industry inside out as standards change with the tick of a clock. I do, however, have enough knowledge of web development to help people bring out their true potential.

5. FifteenK is having a major update which I'm firmly involved in. I haven't ever said that my designs are brilliant, you're now twisting lines to attempt to give yourself an upper stance. Klydo honestly isn't going to be that successful. The coding is good (by Dentafrice) and the design is average, but marketing and the knowledge of promotions Greg claims to have will put him head first into a brick wall instead of head first into a land of success.

6. You haven't read any of my posts well enough. Either that, or you are attempting to make stuff up or you have caught the wrong end of the stick. I have no ego, and no, I don't post it at all in threads. You can continue all night if you wish, but your point of me being an "mmoral child with issues," wont get very far seeing as I am far from it.

If you have nothing against me, why are you insisting on attempting to insult me? How long have you been on this forum for? It will take you a while to get used to my delivery technique, not everything when you are older will be delivered to you like "HIYA I LOVE IT +REP :D:D:D:D", so I am bringing people down to Earth as they are at the age they should recognise how the world works. Many people have came back to me and said "Dude, I was wrong about you at the start but your technique is great for helping people - sorry" since they have got used to my ways.

A lot of members on this forum know how I run, and there are numerous people that come to me and go "Scott, bash the hell out of this work please". ;)

FYI, I have nothing against you. You'll realise my method soon! :D Have you got any work examples, by the way?

kk.
17-06-2008, 08:24 PM
oh you clearly dont insult nearly any member lol

i guess it was kind of you meti :)

EDIT: Hold on, do i know recall you calling me a failure in my thread? hmmm yes, you dont even know me.

Stepheen
17-06-2008, 08:31 PM
All that's Scott is doing is saying if it's **** or not. I mean what if everyone was like "OMGGGG THAT LAYOUT IS AWESOME!!111" and it was ****, then it went on a website. So just give in now.

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 08:32 PM
oh you clearly dont insult nearly any member lol

i guess it was kind of you meti :)

EDIT: Hold on, do i know recall you calling me a failure in my thread? hmmm yes, you dont even know me.

I am Jesus.

Your last post in your thread proved how easy it is to fake your identity on the internet. Maybe you could bring your A levels into your posts, or is it impossible since it is an A level in woodwork?

Agnostic Bear
17-06-2008, 08:33 PM
I have attempted a layout to meat with the colour and copyright of the average user designed layout:

http://www.justupload.net/uploads/31061708jewbear%20does%20layouts%20on%20the%20inte rnet%20machine%20for%20making%20internet%20happy.p ng

Excellent
17-06-2008, 08:34 PM
1. Not what you stated earlier attempting to call me a failure, which resulted in you having **** stamped across your forehead. Meti didn't attempt to acheive anything, but acheived something: giving people the wrong style of designs. We aren't in this 800x600px design era anymore, use grids -- they come in very handy. If he posted the topic, anyone can reply so there is no point in believing you have to be at a certain level of joy with the topic starter in order to reply.

2. No.

3. Fail. Again. What design are you refering to? I don't note everyone, and I take criticism well which is why I'm at the position I am, working with a media design agency and a magazine publisher, also working on my own magazine which is a bloody pain.

4. Point four shows how immature you are. "but in true ways,". Erm, what? I'm far from incompetant. I've got a load of skills which not many people have, much like English if you think a lot is spelt alot. God, I hate it when people do that. I don't know the industry semi-well, nowhere near it and nobody on here does. There is hardly anybody that knows the industry inside out as standards change with the tick of a clock. I do, however, have enough knowledge of web development to help people bring out their true potential.

5. FifteenK is having a major update which I'm firmly involved in. I haven't ever said that my designs are brilliant, you're now twisting lines to attempt to give yourself an upper stance. Klydo honestly isn't going to be that successful. The coding is good (by Dentafrice) and the design is average, but marketing and the knowledge of promotions Greg claims to have will put him head first into a brick wall instead of head first into a land of success.

6. You haven't read any of my posts well enough. Either that, or you are attempting to make stuff up or you have caught the wrong end of the stick. I have no ego, and no, I don't post it at all in threads. You can continue all night if you wish, but your point of me being an "mmoral child with issues," wont get very far seeing as I am far from it.
1. I've had nothing stomped across my forehead but joy at putting you in your place. Dude, it's a habbo bloody hotel template. So you say you like helping people, why didn't you say this to him in the first place instead of posting something relevant to horse manure..

2. I forget but a lot of people didn't like the navigation and you fired a big bullet at them for saying it. I've just criticized your attitude, you can't take that can you? I wish you all the best with that, really I do.

3. I beg forgiveness that I forgot to space out the a with the lot. So again, why didn't you help meti bring out his true potential with them templates instead of posting something harsh and irrelevant to the subject in hand.

4. I am not twisting your lines, you have bragged about all of your achievements in this thread much like klydo does in his. So that is why he has a job at what I think is an okay social network and has produced decent designs? Guess thats not a success then:rolleyes: Don't come at me that I am defending him because I'm not, I am simply saying don't say anything about klydo when you act exactly like him.

5. Believe me I've looked at a few of your posts and what I see is either hate or repent. It was an abbreviation mate. No basically you're being immoral and hate worthy to others, if you generally mean that you can bring out someones full potential, help them, don't be nasty about it.

Now due to this thread being helpful to some I'm not going to post in here incase it gets closed.
/Thread

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I have attempted a layout to meat with the colour and copyright of the average user designed layout:

http://www.justupload.net/uploads/31061708jewbear%20does%20layouts%20on%20the%20inte rnet%20machine%20for%20making%20internet%20happy.p ng

That cracked me up!

Aarcn
17-06-2008, 08:35 PM
yeah i was bored....

* Noob * Tell me someone how you do them Blue Bits but with different Shades i'm using Paint by the way

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 08:37 PM
* Noob * Tell me someone how you do them Blue Bits but with different Shades i'm using Paint by the way

Step one

Get your desired 'dark shade' and paint your bottom half with an apporpriately sized paintbrush.

Step two

Now, change your colour to a lighter shade and fill the rest of your area.

kk.
17-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I am Jesus.

Your last post in your thread proved how easy it is to fake your identity on the internet. Maybe you could bring your A levels into your posts, or is it impossible since it is an A level in woodwork?
what are you on about? Fake my identity? you make no sense some times but still, you called me a failure yet you know nothing about me as you said. What was your old account name. I can imagine it being link or someone. Good sometimes but most of the time putting people down by bullying and how you havnt been banned yet i will never know.

Tell me why if you are such a good designer why you havnt posted anything. I have actually made about £230 in a week from designing where as in the 6 months i have been deigning before this week, i had made about £50

(If you would actually like to know btw, my a levels are maths, biology ICT and business + economics)

Stepheen
17-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Your signiture?

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 08:46 PM
what are you on about? Fake my identity? you make no sense some times but still, you called me a failure yet you know nothing about me as you said. What was your old account name. I can imagine it being link or someone. Good sometimes but most of the time putting people down by bullying and how you havnt been banned yet i will never know.

(If you would actually like to know btw, my a levels are maths, biology ICT and business + economics)

Lmao, I'm not L!NK. I was known as Scott Diamond, ScottDiamond, ScottDiamond,, ScottDiamond., Scott-Diamond, SATIRE, ScottDiamond1, Scott Diamond1 and stuff like that. ;)

Maths: Well done.
Biology: Well done.
ICT: ICT is a walk in the park...
Business + Economics: They don't even teach you the key fundamentals to a successful business, so you've wasted your time with that. Time you could have spent learning English.

Excellent
17-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Step one

Get your desired 'dark shade' and paint your bottom half with an apporpriately sized paintbrush.

Step two

Now, change your colour to a lighter shade and fill the rest of your area.See now I respect you for that, if you posted like that when someone wanted some help then everything would be fine.

Stepheen
17-06-2008, 08:49 PM
See now I respect you for that, if you posted like that when someone wanted some help then everything would be fine.
He always helps people in his own way (:.

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 08:49 PM
See now I respect you for that, if you posted like that when someone wanted some help then everything would be fine.

He did want help LOL. :P

Excellent
17-06-2008, 08:53 PM
He did want help LOL. :PYeah I know :P I meant like everytime someones asks for advice in ways they can improve upon their design.

kk.
17-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Lmao, I'm not L!NK. I was known as Scott Diamond, ScottDiamond, ScottDiamond,, ScottDiamond., Scott-Diamond, SATIRE, ScottDiamond1, Scott Diamond1 and stuff like that. ;)

Maths: Well done.
Biology: Well done.
ICT: ICT is a walk in the park...
Business + Economics: They don't even teach you the key fundamentals to a successful business, so you've wasted your time with that. Time you could have spent learning English.
you see now i know who you are lol, i recognise satire from somewhere and scottdiamond. As for ICT, yes but its hard to get the grades plus i may be dropping it for year 13. And as for B+E, its not just about setting up a business you know... unless you have taken the exact course (meaning them together) you dont know what its like. Its one of the hardest subjects at a level and i have to agree with it. The exam was much harder than i could have imagined (mainly because they asked us stuff which is completely irrelevant to what we have learned). The reason behind it being a hard a level is because its not like sciences and maths where it can only be a certain number of things. It is much more open ended and can ask you pretty much anything and everything.

Why would i take english when it is one of the least useful subjects. I do not want to become a journalist or an editor of a magazine so what would be the point. As i have said beore, i dont go around the internet trying to be perfectly grammatical in what i say. even you make mistakes =/.

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 08:56 PM
I took Art — I can't talk. :eusa_whis

If you have a good English grade, any employer will pick you over someone who doesn't, seriously. It's one of the most important grades to go on your CV.

kk.
17-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I took Art — I can't talk. :eusa_whis

If you have a good English grade, any employer will pick you over someone who doesn't, seriously. It's one of the most important grades to go on your CV.
lmao, played.

I disagree, so long as you have a good grade at GCSE (in which 2 A's will suffice for me since i was getting D's and C's in mocks) they will look at you as equals. Obviously it depends what job it is.

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 09:05 PM
lmao, played.

I disagree, so long as you have a good grade at GCSE (in which 2 A's will suffice for me since i was getting D's and C's in mocks) they will look at you as equals. Obviously it depends what job it is.

No no no, they always look at English! :P

Excellent
17-06-2008, 09:07 PM
No no no, they always look at English! :PSeconded, it's like if say someone has 7 gcse's, then someone else applies for the same job but has 9, they will pick the person with 9, always happens :P

kk.
17-06-2008, 09:13 PM
No no no, they always look at English! :P
hmmm still disagree lol

Seconded, it's like if say someone has 7 gcse's, then someone else applies for the same job but has 9, they will pick the person with 9, always happens :P
yeh but its not really the same and that isnt always true. It depends what GCSE's and any other stuff they have.

What i was saying was A-Level English is higher than GCSE English but i cant see it being an advantage in some jobs such as retail (maybe management or supervisor positions) but if you wanted to do journalism then yes, it is better.

L?KE
17-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Rofl, enjoyed that argument lucas ;)

and yeah agreed, more gcses is better than less, obviously.

What about if one person had 7 A*'s and someone has 9 B's, what then? :S

:)

NEW-START
17-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Rofl, enjoyed that argument lucas ;)

and yeah agreed, more gcses is better than less, obviously.

What about if one person had 7 A*'s and someone has 9 B's, what then? :S

:)

They go with the 7 A*s.

kk.
17-06-2008, 09:59 PM
just think, its quality not quantity ... Mostly

Kieran
18-06-2008, 07:35 AM
University applications rarely look at GCSE grades, they focus more on the A Level grades. They can sometimes be referred to the GCSE grades if it is a deciding factor, for example a course requires a GCSE in a particular subject. As long as you have English at GCSE and a decent grade in it, you don't need English at A Level to get a job or university placement. If you did, it would be compulsory! I'd be enlightened as to how many of the people argueing like me are actually in the steps of applying for universities and courses, not that I will be applying as I'm going to a specialist flight training college.

kk.
18-06-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm currently in yr12/13 and am applying. My course specs are evidence of continuity of gcse subjects, a level maths grade B+, AAB or AAbb, broad range of subjects and gcse English at grade b or a I cat remember. So they play a part in some cases

NEW-START
18-06-2008, 03:45 PM
University applications rarely look at GCSE grades, they focus more on the A Level grades. They can sometimes be referred to the GCSE grades if it is a deciding factor, for example a course requires a GCSE in a particular subject. As long as you have English at GCSE and a decent grade in it, you don't need English at A Level to get a job or university placement. If you did, it would be compulsory! I'd be enlightened as to how many of the people argueing like me are actually in the steps of applying for universities and courses, not that I will be applying as I'm going to a specialist flight training college.

CTC-Wings? Let me load my shotgun! :eusa_clap

Meti
18-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Let's go on-topic ;)

--
Anyone made any layouts?

shizzle
18-06-2008, 04:11 PM
yeah i was bored....

That looks good.

MINES GOOD
Great use of paint, you could get like £30 for that.

Jack!
18-06-2008, 04:26 PM
That looks good.

Great use of paint, you could get like £30 for that.

LOL mabey for the first one ..CODED ..the second one ..i hope you were joking

shizzle
18-06-2008, 04:36 PM
LOL mabey for the first one ..CODED ..the second one ..i hope you were joking
Yeah the first is good, the second is amazing, the next top sites.

Meti
20-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Lol ^^ :)

Any new layouts yet?

Dentafrice
20-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Seriously, no one is going to make layouts out of five seconds of little dots.

shizzle
20-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Seriously, no one is going to make layouts out of five seconds of little dots.
Its been used already :)

Independent
20-06-2008, 03:47 PM
ChrisgocrazyH's color scheme goes alright with it, but the boxes are rubbish - no offense Meti.

Fehm
20-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I think they'd be very useful :) Thanks for posting!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!