PDA

View Full Version : The PSP

Duck Hunt
17-06-2008, 03:28 AM
A friend of mine didnt want his PSP so i traded a strobe light i payed $5 for (2.50 euros/pounds?) and a pair of pants (lol, ebay $15). I Bought a 4gig card for it off ebay for $25, i didnt get the card yet but any information on your views of the PSP will be helpful!

Thread moved from Technology Discussion by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator): Please post in the correct section, thanks.

Verrou
17-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Is it a fat one or a thin one? I like the slimline ones, I have a white one. Plus I think its a good idea to get custom FW so you can use emulators etc. But the latest official FW I think has Skype, and GO!Messenger, but I havent updated in a while because it fell of my bedside table and the LCD screen broke DOI!

Recursion
17-06-2008, 05:58 AM
The only time I actually ever use mine is when im on holiday, I use it on the plane to play games, then play games sometimes in the Villa etc... apart from that I don't really use it, and so only have the standard 32mb card.

Your friend was silly, he could have ebay'd it and got more :P

I have the fat one and it has survived a damn lot of drops, fell out of the car door when I opened it and it bounced a few meters along our tarmac drive lmao.

Aces
17-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I only used my PSP for a while when I was on holiday but I found it very boring and never used it again.
I got the fat one.

The Professor
17-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Rofl I love that price. "£2.50 and a pair of pants." If only everything in life was that cheap... Nice deal ;)

myke
17-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Well done, they're nice to carry, unfortunately, mine powered off during a FW update and no longer works, Sony offered me a brand new slimline one for £69 because my warranty died, but I rejected them. x[

Froobiees. ;P
Good luck.

Duck Hunt
18-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Is it a fat one or a thin one? I like the slimline ones, I have a white one. Plus I think its a good idea to get custom FW so you can use emulators etc. But the latest official FW I think has Skype, and GO!Messenger, but I havent updated in a while because it fell of my bedside table and the LCD screen broke DOI!

I Think its the fat one. Whats a "FW"? With the memory card, its supposed to come with an adapter to use it as a flash drive so i can put emulators on there if i want to :) My screen has DUST ON THE INSIDE? yeah.

The only time I actually ever use mine is when im on holiday, I use it on the plane to play games, then play games sometimes in the Villa etc... apart from that I don't really use it, and so only have the standard 32mb card.

Your friend was silly, he could have ebay'd it and got more :P

I have the fat one and it has survived a damn lot of drops, fell out of the car door when I opened it and it bounced a few meters along our tarmac drive lmao.

My friend's friend was getting a new psp so his friend's friend's old psp will be my friend's new psp. Does that make sense? :P

lew!
22-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I Think its the fat one. Whats a "FW"? With the memory card, its supposed to come with an adapter to use it as a flash drive so i can put emulators on there if i want to :) My screen has DUST ON THE INSIDE? yeah.

My friend's friend was getting a new psp so his friend's friend's old psp will be my friend's new psp. Does that make sense? :P

FW = firmware.
Like upgrades that add on new things like features.
Like somone has said, latest firmware has added skype onto the psp.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!