PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Council Dissolved (in water)

Agnostic Bear
17-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Discuss here! Also what did they do anyway? Just make decisions about Habbox and whatnot?

-Eyeless-
17-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I never really saw anything come out of it... Wasn't it for discussion of things we wanted doing... Kinda like a feedback forum but more powerful?

The Professor
17-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I think it was like a relay system between the feedback forum and the management. But from what I saw, everything the council suggested was rejected by management anyway, so it was pretty useless. It had potential, but really wasn't put to best use imo.

Alkaz
17-06-2008, 01:40 PM
The only thing I can recall it doing is getting the anime forum and even then it didnt really do much.

Galaxay
17-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Wasn't it them who screwed up rep?

Alkaz
17-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Hadnt it already been changed before the council was fully introduced?

Nemo
17-06-2008, 01:49 PM
The only thing I can recall it doing is getting the anime forum and even then it didnt really do much.LOL. Dont make me laugh, the management rejected the point of an anime forum. Someone said that they should rename the forum, only then the management were happy

Alkaz
17-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I just did?

Smiddy
17-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Wasn't it them who screwed up rep?
I'd hardly say we "screwed up" the reputation system, we attempted to make it more user friendly, but the management compromised over it. We made a suggestion of having it to rep 30 diff people before repping the same one, they adjusted it to 50 because of the other changes.

Anyway, this can only be a good thing, Habbox Council did not have much power, at least now the Community Support Staff can view the staff forum -.-

Dentafrice
17-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't think it worked out too well, it sorta 'died', well.. it passed out, choked, drowned, went silent, laid in a coma, then died.

Mrs.McCall
17-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I think its a darn shame. I think that the council just wasn't ran effectivly (not saying that Nvr did a bad job but there were a lot of limitations on it). I think that the community team is a good idea but not necessarily a replacement because at the end of the day, the council was a good way of getting members voices heard and being a community support staff member isn't the same. From a Staff point of view I was looking forward to a new rep to represent staff views [I came back just after council was introduced] and now I feel we won't have that.

I think that it should've been ran more like a cabinet with people advising MAD on what they think should be done on a certain decision BEFORE that decision took place rather than after. So, MAD would say "I want to do x, y and z" and then the council would gauge public opinon and say "well, this is what is being said and this is what we think you should do". I know the community support staff are there to do that as well but I think that it should come from people who are actually voted to represent people's opinions rather than just hired to do so.

Slowpoke
17-06-2008, 05:59 PM
at least now the Community Support Staff can view the staff forum

You always could! :)

I think it's a shame that the council had so little power, I just hope community staff get more of a say.

jrh2002
17-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Should have listened and saved alot of hard work for no reason. most management never liked the idea and only let it happen to shut the members up :o it wont be asked for again but without the backing of most management it had no chance.

Catzsy
17-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Should have listened and saved alot of hard work for no reason. most management never liked the idea and only let it happen to shut the members up :o it wont be asked for again but without the backing of most management it had no chance.

Well I do think it achieved quite a lot myself and it will have a fine legacy.
The forum has been re-organised for the better I think which is in no small part to their efforts in explaining and clarifying the problems in a thoughtful, logical and incisive way. There were some very hard working members and they should be applauded for the time and effort they put as recognised by Nvrspk4 in his announcement. :eusa_clap Nice to see you Jrh! :D

Jordy
17-06-2008, 08:47 PM
It seemed all talk and no walk. It was a great idea when the reputation crisis happened to shut people up, it worked too. Allegedly it was in the early stages before the fiasco but you can never really tell.

It's a shame as Council's are always good ideas if they're listened too, oh and if they don't have very high Council tax's. Some people tried really hard in it by the looks of things but it's achieved so little in my eyes which is down to the management most probably.

Pyroka
17-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah I guess it was a great shut-up tool. Shame the management didn't actually back it otherwise it might've been successful tbh.

GommeInc
17-06-2008, 10:04 PM
We wrote reports based on ideas in this forum, then waited for an answer. The rep system was changed to be a little bit better, by us :D Other than that, nothing really...

Neversoft
17-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Our ideas were rarely taken into consideration. The council was a waste of time to be honest. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!