PDA

View Full Version : Graphical update

Mattch
17-06-2008, 10:37 AM
In the first Development Diary on our graphical improvements, we showed you the results of textures, texture blending, shadows and fog. In this, the second and final Development Diary (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=diary08b) on the release, we shine a light on the other effects we have been using.
Minimum specifications:

To play RuneScape's new detail level you will need:

1.5 GHz processor or higher
256MB of RAM or more
64MB 3D Graphics card, such as Nvidia(R) GeForce(TM) 3 or above
Additionally, your graphics card should have the latest drivers installed, to ensure the new detail level plays with no problems.
If you need more information on your computer's specifications or how to update your graphical drivers, visit our Tech Support Forum in the RuneScape Forums.
When the graphical improvement is released, you will be able to increase or decrease the number of graphical features that are activated. This will be done in your in-game 'Options' menu (the one with the spanner icon). So, any problems playing the new detail mode may be lessened by reducing the number of graphical features that are activated.
We would advise that your computer exceeds the above requirements, so you will be able to play the new detail mode without any issues.
REMINDER - The existing Low and High Detail will still be available, as the graphical update is completely optional.

Mr.Sam
17-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Looking good :)

http://www.runescape.com/img/varrock/devdiary/diary08/screenshot.jpg

Davii
17-06-2008, 12:01 PM
why does black dhide body have green on it

Mattch
17-06-2008, 02:31 PM
error maybe??

TonyBest
17-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Cant wait for the update, and if ur looking for the countdown remaining before the update then its in my sig (not acurate though)

Btw to check ur specs: Start>Run>dxdiag OR
Rightclick on Desktop and click Properties> Settings> Advanced> Adaptor

Seagy
18-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Wow, i really want this update.

Mukatsuku
19-06-2008, 02:37 PM
yeah there is no doubt that this will be one of the most beneficial updates ever, maybe rivaling the update from rs1 to rs2 (rs1 still amazing by the way). This is going to boost runescape log-in rates exponentially.

---MAD---
20-06-2008, 10:37 AM
yeah there is no doubt that this will be one of the most beneficial updates ever, maybe rivaling the update from rs1 to rs2 (rs1 still amazing by the way). This is going to boost runescape log-in rates exponentially.
I agree. Many who used to play reckon they will return after the graphics update. I might start playing again myself.

Galaxay
20-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I doubt it'll encourage people to come back since they ruined the wild, the wild was probably one of the most used places on runescape

Mattch
21-06-2008, 08:36 PM
i swear they put wild back??

Scarcely
29-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I think I'll be coming back.
Maybe.

yido
30-06-2008, 07:19 PM
finaly 1d to 2d

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!