PDA

View Full Version : vB Security Update - 3.7.1 PL2

---MAD---
18-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Jelsoft have just released a new patch for vB 3.7.1 to fix another security issue. Be sure to patch up your forums ASAP :).

Hitman
18-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the notice, I guess HabboxForum has already been patched. :P

Jack!
18-06-2008, 05:01 PM
yeh thats why it was offline a week or 2 ago

kk.
18-06-2008, 05:06 PM
=/ as it said 'just been released' i dont think that it was because of that. It was offline so they updated to 3.7.1 right?

Decode
18-06-2008, 06:12 PM
That was 3.7.1 :rolleyes: A patch only takes a few mins to do.

Agnostic Bear
18-06-2008, 07:42 PM
What a secure forum :rolleyes:

Hitman
18-06-2008, 08:45 PM
What a secure forum :rolleyes:I knew your post would be something to do with a flaw in vBulletin... everything has exploits in it, even IPB. :P It's a good thing they're noticing and making patches.

IPB has its fair share of bugs that needed fixing...

Bugs Fixed Since 2.3.2:

Thumbnails always being generated
Quick reply parse URI encoding
Clickable Smilies
New post indicators not working properly.
Change Display Name bug
Just BBCode Problem
IP.Board Pro skin ,,My Friends,, window tabs bug
find members post missing thumbnaiils
Bug in Comment, Text Editor
last_visit not updated?
2 things in acp after upgrade
Subscription expired date is wrong.
Navigation Bar on View Topic History
IP.Board PRO skin possible bug
Guest Posting
Empty feeds
Linear+ and Outline ware switched to Standard when you want to see Poll results
Over Attachment Limit
Security precation can cause valid text to get replaced
Mark all as Read fails on Main page
Image identified as dynamic image
searching not working properly
Is this a bug?
XML-RPC User will not delete
[2.3.2] Missing unread-icons with "View New Posts"
Split from 4833
Number of guests is shown wrongly IPB 2.3.2
Full and Update package discrepancies
Problem on the ipb portal setting

---MAD---
19-06-2008, 12:46 PM
All software have bugs and security holes. They just need time to be discovered ;). Some are also harder to exploit than others.

Agnostic Bear
19-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I knew your post would be something to do with a flaw in vBulletin... everything has exploits in it, even IPB. :P It's a good thing they're noticing and making patches.

IPB has its fair share of bugs that needed fixing...

Please read:
Bugs Fixed Since 2.3.2:

All software have bugs and security holes. They just need time to be discovered ;). Some are also harder to exploit than others.

Not true, I could code something with no exploits or bugs if I wanted.

iJoe
19-06-2008, 01:50 PM
-_- i'm not even using 3.7.1 yet

Thanks for letting us know though :D suppose I gotta go update

Galaxay
19-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Please read:
Bugs Fixed Since 2.3.2:

But it would be nowhere near as sophisticated as vBulletin or any other forum software, and he knows its bugs fixed since then, he's pointing out that they have bus aswell. :rolleyes:

Agnostic Bear
19-06-2008, 01:58 PM
But it would be nowhere near as sophisticated as vBulletin or any other forum software, and he knows its bugs fixed since then, he's pointing out that they have bus aswell. :rolleyes:

I could make it sophisticated as them if I felt like it :$

Galaxay
19-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Sure :)

---MAD---
19-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Please read:
Bugs Fixed Since 2.3.2:

Not as sophisticated though :).

I could make it sophisticated as them if I felt like it :$
Suuuuuuuure. With good sever optmization? Working on multiple platforms and conditions? With good security? Doubt it. If it a one man job, there wouldn't be a need for a team of developers ;).

Hitman
19-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Please read:
Bugs Fixed Since 2.3.2:

I did read that, hence why I put "of bugs that needed fixing..."

It still had bugs.

It's also had exploits...

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=IPB+exploits&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Agnostic Bear
19-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Suuuuuuuure. With good sever optmization? Working on multiple platforms and conditions? With good security? Doubt it. If it a one man job, there wouldn't be a need for a team of developers ;).

Doubt it all you want, if I wanted to I could. All your "server optimisation" is, is the cache systems in php, i.e things like Zend optimizer, memcache etc. Working on multiple platforms is not an issue, PHP nativley works on all systems. Security is fine, I build things for security & speed by preference.

Dentafrice
19-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Zend Optimizer does not have a code-caching feature :P

Agnostic Bear
19-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Zend Optimizer does not have a code-caching feature :P

Ya that's why I put memcache in there ;]

Dentafrice
19-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah :) And you could use MMCache and eaccelerator, which I believe is what vB uses.

Recursion
22-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Jewish Bear, EVERYTHING man makes has problems. No matter what you code, it will have problems.

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Jewish Bear, EVERYTHING man makes has problems. No matter what you code, it will have problems.

Nothing I've ever coded recently has had problems :rolleyes:

Stevehere
23-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Dude. You aren't the best coder in the world. You couldn't make what vbulletin is by yourself, you couldn't make what vbulletin is without loads of exploits and bugs.

You seriously think that you are the best or something because you really are making a fool of yourself by them posts basically explaining that you are the best at php and better than everyone else, even people who developed vbulletin...

The only problem you have is that you think your brains bigger than your balls. Its not, its smaller.

Agnostic Bear
23-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Dude. You aren't the best coder in the world. You couldn't make what vbulletin is by yourself, you couldn't make what vbulletin is without loads of exploits and bugs.

You seriously think that you are the best or something because you really are making a fool of yourself by them posts basically explaining that you are the best at php and better than everyone else, even people who developed vbulletin...

The only problem you have is that you think your brains bigger than your balls. Its not, its smaller.

The people who developed vBulletin are idiots and can't code properly, they use old, slow methods.

Stevehere
23-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Seriously though, stop posting, everyones laughing when they read this thread from your posts :P

Agnostic Bear
24-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Seriously though, stop posting, everyones laughing when they read this thread from your posts :P

I have a little more experience than pretty much anyone on this forum apart from possibly Baving & a few others. If they're any good at coding they will tell you the same thing.

Stevehere
24-06-2008, 12:52 AM
I seriously doubt they would boast that they could make vbulletin by themselves, with no bugs and exploits, saying vbulletin is craply coded.

Theres other people other than vbulletin and the people on this forum. You are not the best. You just think you are. I have to say you are good at php but you can't just give everyone a straight post saying you can code vbulletin better than the people who coded vbulletin..

GoldenMerc
24-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Okay if you are the so called best make a board that has as many features as vB with less bugs no exploits and show hxf?

Agnostic Bear
24-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Why, what's the point?

GoldenMerc
24-06-2008, 10:48 AM
to proove your point.

Agnostic Bear
24-06-2008, 11:14 AM
to proove your point.

I need motivation to code anything, and I have no need to code a forum.

GoldenMerc
24-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Cos you can't your bluffing.

Agnostic Bear
24-06-2008, 11:20 AM
:eusa_eh: Sure I am.

Stevehere
24-06-2008, 03:20 PM
yeah you are.... stop being an idiot

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members.

shizzle
24-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Cool, thanks for the notice.

Blob
24-06-2008, 05:22 PM

YO IS A FOOL..

Of course Dan can code a forum, our hardcore VNC sessions proove it.

Agnostic Bear
24-06-2008, 05:22 PM

Just because you don't know why echo is faster than print doesn't mean I don't, you have no idea what I know ;)

Joshuae
24-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Okay if you are the so called best make a board that has as many features as vB with less bugs no exploits and show hxf?

:eusa_eh: Sure I am.

Ross, who knows absolutely everyone in the business of social networking
and Steve.

Dan, could code a forum easily, and you can't expect as many features as vB and no exploits within like 3 days lmao.

Blob
24-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Ross, who knows absolutely everyone in the business of social networking
and Steve.

Dan, could code a forum easily, and you can't expect as many features as vB and no exploits within like 3 days lmao.

You are legend. You speak truth.

Stevehere
24-06-2008, 06:28 PM
He can't ******* code one with no exploits or bugs.

Every php application which is available always has bugs.... Basically he is saying he is the best coder ever or something and boasting so please shutup.

Agnostic Bear
24-06-2008, 07:54 PM
He can't ******* code one with no exploits or bugs.

Every php application which is available always has bugs.... Basically he is saying he is the best coder ever or something and boasting so please shutup.

You'll find the fewer people that work on it, the fewer exploits and bugs there are.

Leetzgirl
24-06-2008, 07:58 PM
If your so good, why not make a forum and sell it for couple of quid >_>

Agnostic Bear
24-06-2008, 08:02 PM
If your so good, why not make a forum and sell it for couple of quid >_>

Because I'm not motivated by money, else I would.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!