PDA

View Full Version : Movies with bad endings.. [spoilers]?

Hiro
18-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, I was watching Jumper last night, and it was an "okay" film, to put it mildly. But, when it got to the end, I just thought to myself, "Is that it?"
The film itself was half-decent but the ending just ruined it all.

discuss, comment about the films you think have bad endings.

Galaxay
18-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I got jumper DVD on monday lol aint watched it yet >_>

Misawa
18-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Well, I'll make reference to recent times - The Happening - a bad film throughout that builds the entire way through to absolutely nothing.

Hiro
18-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I got jumper DVD on monday lol aint watched it yet >_>
Sorry, I've added a spoiler warning to the thread title. :K

@ Misawa; Yeah, I've heard that the Happening is meant to be quite bad. I wanna see how bad for myself though :P

ideabox
18-06-2008, 04:12 PM
I can't stand films that either result in somebody waking up from a coma/dream or entirely depend on the sequel to resolve all these questions in the film.
Loads of people will hate me for this but one of the films I mostly hated for a time was Kill Bill. Couldn't watch it to the end.

Galaxay
18-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I am legend had bad ending aswell didn't it :P

Misawa
18-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I Am Legend is a grossly overrated film with an entirely pointlessly ending.

Coldplay
18-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd just like to remind you all, regardless of the [spoiler] warning the the title, you must use spoilers when posting information.

Thanks.

Joshuae
18-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I Am Legend ugh, they attempted 2 endings, both failed.

Meet Joe Black had a bad ending, but an over all great film, same goes for V For Vendetta.

Misawa
18-06-2008, 04:49 PM
V For Vendetta is a great film. Complete metaphor for 9/11.

Galaxay
18-06-2008, 04:50 PM
"Movies with bad endings" :P

V for Vendetta ending is good :P

Stevehere
18-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Agreed with masawa, the happening is the worst film and the ending was absolutely crap.

It was too rushed, they just had them inside that house sitting there in the corner and all of a sudden....

"3 months later"

and then you see on tv that it stopped suddenly the next morning from before we saw the 3 months later bit.

Joshuae
18-06-2008, 05:31 PM
"Movies with bad endings" :P

V for Vendetta ending is good :P

He shouldn't have died tbh.

Edited by Hayd93(Forum Super Moderator): Please when posting about what happens in a film use spoilers :)

Stevehere
18-06-2008, 05:35 PM
:eusa_clap for on purpose telling everyone the most spoilerist spoiler of that film. Have a medal and some cookies :rolleyes:

Fehm
18-06-2008, 05:35 PM
The never ending story? it ends :D lmao :P tehe dno :S Maybe... The Island, too predictable.

dirrty
18-06-2008, 05:39 PM
lions for lambs. the ending is just bad, as so with the whole film. when it finished, i was like "is that it?, ". i was so confused lol & glad i had preview tickets and i didnt pay for it.

Javascrypt
18-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Well, I was watching Jumper last night, and it was an "okay" film, to put it mildly. But, when it got to the end, I just thought to myself, "Is that it?"
The film itself was half-decent but the ending just ruined it all.

discuss, comment about the films you think have bad endings.

I thought the same thing when i had watched it.

Inseriousity.
18-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Click!!

How annoying! The whole scene near the end was great (so sad lmao) then it turns out that...

It's all a bloody dream!

Misawa
18-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Dream sequences are the easy way out for film-makers.

Joshuae
18-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Click! pulled it off well, I do say.

Harm
18-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't say I Am Legend's ending was pointless, but it was very rushed.

samsaBEAR
19-06-2008, 09:49 AM
war of the worlds, the spielberg one, it was so lame how the all
just died because of the air or something. lame.

Neversoft
19-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Eragon and The Golden Compass*. The ending of these multiple part films left me with an empty feeling, unlike Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, which all ended perfectly. The stupid thing is, they're only making the other part of Eragon if the first one was a success, so if it isn't, you're left with half a movie!

*I did actually like The Golden Compass, but I didn't like the end.

war of the worlds, the spielberg one, it was so lame how the all
just died because of the air or something. lame.

Thats how they die in the 1953 version aswell, and in the radio play. I think it's a pretty good ending because thats what it would really be like if it they did invade. It's very realistic.

jordang16
19-06-2008, 11:24 AM
dno if this been mentioned not read whole thread but hils have eyes 2

the ending is poor just shows them walking out the mountains with no guns no weaopons wotsoever and all the mutants are still alive

Edit by Coldplay (Forum Moderator); Please use spoiler tags when revealing plot information.

Disaronno
20-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Kung Fu Panda has a crap ending

samsaBEAR
20-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Eragon and The Golden Compass*. The ending of these multiple part films left me with an empty feeling, unlike Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, which all ended perfectly. The stupid thing is, they're only making the other part of Eragon if the first one was a success, so if it isn't, you're left with half a movie!

*I did actually like The Golden Compass, but I didn't like the end.

Thats how they die in the 1953 version aswell, and in the radio play. I think it's a pretty good ending because thats what it would really be like if it they did invade. It's very realistic.
ah i forgot about eragon+the golden compass
the books are amazing, but the films didnt do them justice.

RedStratocas
20-06-2008, 07:59 PM
no country for old men. don't get me wrong, that film is fantastic, i was trying to wrap my head around the whole thing the entire time i watched it, it's incredible. they did such a good job. this isn't really a spoiler, but the ending didn't really go anywhere. the last scene i think was unneeded, really.

it should have ended soon after he got in the car crash, but it dragged on a tad too long

if no country for old men had a great ending, it would go down as one of the greatest movies of all time. but meh, whatever, the bulk of the film definitely makes up for it.

Technologic
20-06-2008, 08:09 PM
CLOVERFIELD.

What a **** ending

Moh
20-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Click wasn't a dream
When he goes home, that remote is at his house, allowing him to get rid of it - Morty gave him a second chance, but made it all seam like a dream

The only film ending which disappointed me was I AM LEGEND.

Misawa
20-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I thought the ending of No Country For Old Men was fantastic. You really do have to listen to Jones' words.

Hiro
20-06-2008, 10:02 PM
I thought the ending of No Country For Old Men was fantastic. You really do have to listen to Jones' words.
I have that somewhere, I keep meaning to watch it.

brandon
20-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Kung Fu Panda has a crap ending
I agree. It took ages for the film to get going and have some kind of storyline and then when it did the ending was rushed.

Disaronno
20-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree. It took ages for the film to get going and have some kind of storyline and then when it did the ending was rushed.

Tell me about it - Shaboosh!

Another film with a crap ending tbh is The Simpsons.

drama
20-06-2008, 11:21 PM
The Breed and I Am Legend

Neversoft
21-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Tell me about it - Shaboosh!

Another film with a crap ending tbh is The Simpsons.

How would have you ended The Simpsons then? :S I don't think there's anything wrong with that ending.

Disaronno
21-06-2008, 09:44 PM
How would have you ended The Simpsons then? :S I don't think there's anything wrong with that ending.

Hmm well he throws the bomb out and then the dome explods then thats really about it? I would have done the same, but shown life after it. However, im glad they didnt because the movie dragged on. I think they should have done more with the pig aswell. The plot wasnt thickend enough. It was like straight to the point.

Neil
21-06-2008, 11:10 PM
I think the most pointless ending was X-Men 3: The last stand

Just about everyone dies or lose powers >.< it's stupid because they're still going to milk the franchise until people stop paying to see it =/

There is some other movies that have nasty endings but I can't think of them off the top of my head xD

Misawa
22-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Hmm well he throws the bomb out and then the dome explods then thats really about it? I would have done the same, but shown life after it. However, im glad they didnt because the movie dragged on. I think they should have done more with the pig aswell. The plot wasnt thickend enough. It was like straight to the point.

They were never going to make a complicated plot out of a film meant for all ages.

-Eyeless-
22-06-2008, 03:05 AM
The Breed and I Am Legend
I have to agree it would have been much better if the ending was just him blowing himself up, it would leave us open minded about what might happen, but then again from a directors/producers etc point of view they had to leave it like they did due to the release of "I am Legend 2" in the next few years.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!