PDA

View Full Version : WoW is falling downhill fast.

Crimson
19-06-2008, 03:21 PM
In my opinion, blizzard is making it WoW too money orientated. I know you can say, well any business will always aim for more money.

But they making it easy as **** to level to 70 (in the hope that more copies of the expansion will be sold). Everything is so much easier to get.

In my opinion, if they're not carfeful WoW will fall into a costing version of Runescape. There is no longer a challenge in WoW. It's all given by a wooden spoon.

Just posting, to say so. What do you think? :]

Axel
19-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Have you killed Kil'Jaeden then?

Crimson
19-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree. But do you not think that generally everything becoming much much easier. And it seems to be this way simply to boost the sellings of WoTLK. It was the same for BC. It's quite annoying T_T

GearsOfWar
19-06-2008, 03:27 PM
All this thread because of the mounts thing? It's not making it more of a challenge, you're still working towards level 70 at the end of the day no matter what level you get a mount at. The exp is still hard, and it's not gonna get effected, it's just gonna be a tad quicker riding to places at level 30.

Neil
19-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I can see what you mean by it's getting easier but it's still a challenge, you still have to do quests to get the decent EXP, the quests are not always easy either, WoW isn't much easier, at level 70 I heard it's possible to make 200g a day, which is needed to buy stuff like the 5k epic mount, you wont be complaining when WoTLK is out you have to level from 70 to 80 then get even more gold to spend on stuff that will probably cost 10k gold
The leveling still takes a few hours per level, it's the same instances and quests at the same difficulty, the only difference is getting more EXP for finishing

Charly
19-06-2008, 03:33 PM
/agree

most instances have become easier, 20-60 was lowered. Mounts to 30 and 35g training everything will be spoon fed to people like you mentioned :]

Axel
19-06-2008, 03:38 PM
It's getting easier to level, but levelling already is easy. The challenge comes when you're actually at 70/80.

Charly
19-06-2008, 03:42 PM
It's getting easier to level, but levelling already is easy. The challenge comes when you're actually at 70/80.

Yeah that'll be interesting to see which realm gets a 80 first, Athene will probably do it in a week lol :]

Danzilla
19-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I thought the XP thing was 30-60 not 20-60.
Anyway, i agree with you and Blizzard are also losing alot of paying customers, alot have moved onto other games.
I guess getting to 70 is good though as once you have finished end game theres nothing to do, so you could be leveling other chars to 70 while you wait for expansion.
And i could make well over 200g a day, i could get about that in a hour - 2 hours just by farming primals then theres dailys which brought in an extra 120g too.

BlueEyedSarah
19-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I play the US WOW which is cheap. It only cost me £4 this month rather than £7 which I dont understnad :O It costs $14 a month = £7 a month. I guess it must have something to do with the exchange rate.

Crimson
19-06-2008, 04:04 PM
All this thread because of the mounts thing? It's not making it more of a challenge, you're still working towards level 70 at the end of the day no matter what level you get a mount at. The exp is still hard, and it's not gonna get effected, it's just gonna be a tad quicker riding to places at level 30.

No. I saw that thread. Then was just looking up at some previous patch notes. All of them generally have; "Making WoW easier".

Charly
19-06-2008, 04:42 PM
I thought the XP thing was 30-60 not 20-60.
Anyway, i agree with you and Blizzard are also losing alot of paying customers, alot have moved onto other games.
I guess getting to 70 is good though as once you have finished end game theres nothing to do, so you could be leveling other chars to 70 while you wait for expansion.
And i could make well over 200g a day, i could get about that in a hour - 2 hours just by farming primals then theres dailys which brought in an extra 120g too.

It was 20-60. Thats if you farmed primals anymore :rolleyes: and dailies bring more than 120g ;P

GearsOfWar
19-06-2008, 04:42 PM
But doesn't every company want to make money? They don't wanna lose it. :rolleyes: And leveling is the most boring thing to do on WoW, probably why they are making it easier and the instances and raids will still be hard as so quit moaning..

Neil
19-06-2008, 04:43 PM
It was 20-60. Thats if you farmed primals anymore :rolleyes: and dailies bring more than 120g ;P

I'm fairly sure it was 30-60 o.O

GearsOfWar
19-06-2008, 04:46 PM

20-60 Makes leveling 30% easier if you have BC.

Charly
19-06-2008, 05:05 PM

It was 20-60 ;)

Neil
19-06-2008, 05:56 PM
20-60 Makes leveling 30% easier if you have BC.

No, 20-60 the EXP needed is reduced by 15%

30-60 quests give more EXP, which becomes more substantial as you near 60

Axel
19-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Neil is right...

Crimson
19-06-2008, 07:25 PM
But doesn't every company want to make money? They don't wanna lose it. :rolleyes: And leveling is the most boring thing to do on WoW, probably why they are making it easier and the instances and raids will still be hard as so quit moaning..

Don't patronize me. I wasn't moaning.

What blizzard isn't realising is that it's also loosing out on many loyal members because of the constant level increasing too. They also said when TBC came out that they wouldn't cap higher than 70. So if levelling is the most 'boring' thing.. why would they increase the cap..

If you actually overlook it in a neutral veiw there are more cons than pros.

But seriously.. don't patronize me like that. This is a thread to discuss your veiws. Not to bully people because they don't agree with your opinion.

Youheard
19-06-2008, 11:07 PM
The most loyal players will be the people who spend 4 nights of their week raiding, not levelling several 70s.

Ichig0
20-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Some places I'd done when I was levelling have been nerfed I've noticed. The dwarf place in Hillsbrad used to be full of elites, meaning a group was needed. Along with elites patrolling the areas outside of instances.

To me, the BG sets are the ones sending WoW downhill. I see too many people instancing or raiding with PVP gear on, which can be gained easily by putting a few hours in doing nothing at all.

Forget picking on easy levelling, try easy gear.

Charly
20-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Some places I'd done when I was levelling have been nerfed I've noticed. The dwarf place in Hillsbrad used to be full of elites, meaning a group was needed. Along with elites patrolling the areas outside of instances.

To me, the BG sets are the ones sending WoW downhill. I see too many people instancing or raiding with PVP gear on, which can be gained easily by putting a few hours in doing nothing at all.

Forget picking on easy levelling, try easy gear.

All that pvp S1 gear will be pointless soon :D!
When S2 comes out for normal honor ;P then S4 will come out o.O

Isn't it going to be like 200.00 dps on a 2h weapon soon? :S
They need to stop soon, otherwise people will just get bored!
They also need to add more talents if they are increasing the cap!

Axel
20-06-2008, 11:17 AM
All that pvp S1 gear will be pointless soon :D!
When S2 comes out for normal honor ;P then S4 will come out o.O

Isn't it going to be like 200.00 dps on a 2h weapon soon? :S
They need to stop soon, otherwise people will just get bored!
They also need to add more talents if they are increasing the cap!

They are.. some of them are imba like Priests equivalent to Divine Protection and Warlocks' Demonic Form or AOE dot..

Hiro
20-06-2008, 12:39 PM
WoW went downhill a while ago (in my opinion), at one point it lost 1 million+ members. But it will always be a successful game as they try to put as much as possible into it and they, after a lot of waiting, listen to what people have to say..
WoTLK will make it gain some and lose some, but after doing the same instances over and over, I came to realise how tedious and boring it can get.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!