PDA

View Full Version : What would I do?

PaulMacC
19-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Okay, my power brick isnt working properly, it's not accepting the other part, I mean it goes in but then it falls down as if it's not properly in and no matter how hard I push it, it still becomes loose. I have it working on my 360 at the moment as I have tapped the loose end up so it doesnt fall down, without the tape I always get RRoD because of it, it's not the 360's fault because the Power Supply light is orange meaning it's on standby.
What would I do if I wanted to get a new one off Microsoft.
What number do I call and do I have to send my Power Brick away or do they send me out a new one.
My xbox360 is about 1 month old, I bought it on May 21st.
I think the power brick's warranty is 90 days, so yeah.
Any help would be appreachiated, thanks
~paul

Jord
19-06-2008, 11:48 PM
That happens to me to I just used 2 rubber bands It kept coming out got far on a game then xbox is off =[

Neil
20-06-2008, 12:30 AM
You should be able to get it replaced if you bought it in store, I donno if you got it online but if you got it online then I'd contact who you got it from because MS would probably rip you off lol

PaulMacC
20-06-2008, 08:35 AM
The power brick has a 90 day warranty and my store has a 60 day one.
I'll phone MS up later though would I have to send it to them?

Neil
20-06-2008, 11:18 AM
The power brick has a 90 day warranty and my store has a 60 day one.
I'll phone MS up later though would I have to send it to them?

More than likely, I really suggest you take it to the store, they'll give you a brand new one, chances are MS will just hand you one considered junk from a red ringed 360

PaulMacC
20-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Dont worry, I was on the phone with them today for about an hour and they said they are shipping me a brand new power supply and it should be here within 10 days.
I've tapped my power supply up so it works now, it'll be used temporarily until my new one comes.
Neil, I thought you dont send wires away when you get RRoD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!