PDA

View Full Version : Booting In XP?

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I wanna do it but I don't know the administrator password, someone said it's "admin" but I do that and then nothing happens. I really need help with this.. or how do I set Windows XP for the first priority to launch windows with? Because I've still got XP, I just don't wanna use Vista no more, I wanna work my Dazzle - so yeah, is the password blank? Cos when I put my admin password it doesn't work and when I leave it blank it says <C:/Windows> and that's it, doesn't do anything..

Yonder
21-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Use virtual PC i have vista but when i wanna use xp i used virtual pc -routes for link-

CLICK ME (http://lifehacker.com/software/windows/geek-to-live--run-windows-xp-inside-vista-with-virtual-pc-238071.php)

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 01:03 AM
That's not what I wanna do, I wanna boot my actual PC in Windows, I'm getting fed up of Vista. Plus I don't have a disc otherwise I'd pop it in and have done a recovery by then. I just wanna know what's the admin password people keep telling me different things.

Stephen!
21-06-2008, 01:47 AM
There isn't a default admin password. If you don't know it, then you will never be able to access Windows XP.

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 01:53 AM
I do know the password, I enter the correct password but it claims it's wrong..

Stephen!
21-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Then it's the wrong password. It's kinda obvious

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 02:10 AM
It's not wrong..

N!ck
21-06-2008, 06:29 AM
It will be blank if it's never been set.

Recursion
21-06-2008, 07:20 AM
If it says its wrong, then its wrong :|

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 02:23 PM
If it says its wrong, then its wrong :|

It's not wrong, but thanks, another moron giving constructive posts to help me.

So when it asks for my password do I just hit enter? I've left it blank before and it just goes down a line and it says <C:/Windows> and then stays like that forever?

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members.

cocaine
21-06-2008, 02:26 PM

So when it asks for my password do I just hit enter? I've left it blank before and it just goes down a line and it says <C:/Windows> and then stays like that forever?

so you have the correct password but it doesnt let you in?

then the password is WRONG.

N!ck
21-06-2008, 02:38 PM

You got it in DOS mode or something?

Stephen!
21-06-2008, 02:41 PM
It sounds an awful lot like he's managed to get himself into the recovery console.

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 03:24 PM
If my admin password for my computer is wrong how am I logged on right now? I go Earlier version of windows > 1 > then a command prompt comes up, asks me for my password then I leave it blank which should be the pass then it just says <C:/Windows> and stays like that..

Recursion
21-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Jesus. It's meant to, your in the recovery console, of course it will say something like <C:\Windows> and it sounds like the password was wrong :rolleyes:.

The admin password is different to your normal log on password.

So next time, please do some research before telling us all that about 5 people were wrong in saying that the password is wrong ¬_¬

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Jesus. It's meant to, your in the recovery console, of course it will say something like <C:\Windows> and it sounds like the password was wrong :rolleyes:.

The admin password is different to your normal log on password.

So next time, please do some research before telling us all that about 5 people were wrong in saying that the password is wrong ¬_¬

The password isn't wrong because the password is blank, but in the console how am I ment to get to XP.. I've entered the proper password, now will anyone give some help instead of going "the password is wrong" :rolleyes:

Recursion
21-06-2008, 05:56 PM
YOU ARE IN A RECOVERY CONSOLE NOT A PROPER OPERATING SYSTEM. Just reboot and boot windows? ://

Recovery Console is for fixing the OS, not rolling back to XP or whatever.

Stephen!
21-06-2008, 05:57 PM
How about you take a video on your phone or something and upload it to youtube.

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 05:58 PM
How am I ment to "boot" in XP.. When I start it up it says boot in a earlier version of windows and that's what I do..

You
21-06-2008, 05:59 PM
so you have the correct password but it doesnt let you in?

then the password is WRONG.
How many times to people need to repeat something that has already been said? Geeze.

Stephen!
21-06-2008, 06:00 PM
There is no way you can boot into XP. If you don't have a recovery disc, then you'll either have to download one or buy it.

GearsOfWar
21-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Okay thanks, so if I find a recovery disc I just put it in then it would ask me to install launch etc?

Leetzgirl
21-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Dude

Please show us what your doing?

EDIT: if your wanted to boot dual then you have to do it other ways.

but if you just want XP, then babes, you gonna need the drivers first ;)

Joshuae
22-06-2008, 03:11 PM
How many times to people need to repeat something that has already been said? Geeze.

Until the idiot understands.

You need a BOOT DISK to run WINDOWS XP you cannot access it when you are in the RECOVERY CONSOLE.

Leetzgirl
22-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Until the idiot understands.

You need a BOOT DISK to run WINDOWS XP you cannot access it when you are in the RECOVERY CONSOLE.

Abit slow :eusa_whis:P

Joshuae
22-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Abit slow :eusa_whis:P

Point? He doesn't seem to be understanding. :rolleyes:

cocaine
22-06-2008, 04:51 PM

until he bloody understands, he seems to be having trouble understanding the concept of a wrong password

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!