- Christian Bale
- Kiefer Sutherland
- Morgan Freeman

Joshuae
22-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Morgan Freeman,
Tom Hanks
Bruce Willis
Edward Norton (Loved his Fight Club film.)
Christian Bale is quite good.
John Malkovich

dirrty
22-06-2008, 03:23 PM
will smith and angelina jolie.

uh huh her
22-06-2008, 05:11 PM
mia kirshner, katherine moennig, leisha hailey

splatttt
23-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I love keira knightley! :)

Tristan
23-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Nick Frost
Simon Pegg
John Simm (although he ent in moves... TV)

Absently
23-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

they worked great together in sweeney todd.

Con
23-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

they worked great together in sweeney todd.

I agree - I loved sweeney todd!

Eamonn
23-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Angelina Jolie, she was amazing in Girl Interrupted

le harry
23-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Robert Downey Jr, Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway. :)

Neversoft
23-06-2008, 08:34 PM
My favourite actor is without a doubt, Adam Sandler. Johnny Depp and Morgan Freeman are also amazing. I have to say Jackie Chan as well since I am a big fan of his. Oh, and David Jason AND how could I possibly forget Sean Connery! As for actresses, I'd say... Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench.

Geraint
24-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Adam Sandler. Some of the films he's been in have just been epic.

Misawa
24-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Epic? I presume that you're referring to the phrase rather than the genre.

Joshuae
25-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Adam Sandler. Some of the films he's been in have just been epic.

Epic? :S How can a comedy by epic?

Epic, usually refers to a gigantic/dramatic scene.
Nothing epic would touch mr Adam Sandle with a 10ft cattle prod.

Neversoft
25-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Epic? I presume that you're referring to the phrase rather than the genre.

Epic isn't a genre. :S

Epic? :S How can a comedy by epic?

Epic, usually refers to a gigantic/dramatic scene.
Nothing epic would touch mr Adam Sandle with a 10ft cattle prod.

Epic refers to a dramatic scene? Watch Reign Over Me. It's a drama which starrs Adam Sandler as the main character. It's one of my favourite movies of all time, maybe only beaten by Lord of the Rings and I have yet to meet a person who dislikes it. It's Oscar worthy in my opinion. The only reason it missed out was due to it's release date. Adam Sandler's acting is amazing.
I also recommend Punch Drunk Love. Another drama which starrs Adam Sandler as the main character. Another masterpiece.
All of his drama's are easily above average. You can tell that much by looking on IMDb.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions with Adam Sandler. Sure he portrays the same character in different comedy movies, but comedy isn't the only thing he does you know.

Misawa
25-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Epic is a genre. :)

-Eyeless-
25-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Epic refers to a dramatic scene? Watch Reign Over Me. It's a drama which starrs Adam Sandler as the main character. It's one of my favourite movies of all time, maybe only beaten by Lord of the Rings and I have yet to meet a person who dislikes it. It's Oscar worthy in my opinion. The only reason it missed out was due to it's release date. Adam Sandler's acting is amazing.
I also recommend Punch Drunk Love. Another drama which starrs Adam Sandler as the main character. Another masterpiece.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions with Adam Sandler. Sure he portrays the same character in different comedy movies, but comedy isn't the only thing he does you know. All of his drama's are easily above average. You can tell that much by looking on IMDb.

Please try not to provoke arguments :) I know your making a point but it can lead to people getting annoyed :)

Neversoft
25-06-2008, 09:17 PM
What movies would come under the epic genre then? ;)

-Eyeless-
25-06-2008, 09:19 PM
What movies would come under the epic genre then? ;)

Lord of the Rings Maybe? :P

Neversoft
25-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Please try not to provoke arguments :) I know your making a point but it can lead to people getting annoyed :)

Provoke arguments? Clearly you don't know that Joshuae and I are very friendly with each other. Has this forum stooped so low that you can't even make points anymore? Oh dear god. Believe me, I'm hardly trying to start an argument. I was recommending films...

Lord of the Rings Maybe? :P

Fantasy/Adventure

-Eyeless-
25-06-2008, 09:23 PM
OMG I was just saying that some people take things in the wrong way, can somebody not make a suggestion without being flamed :( lol

True I agree about the Fantasy/Adventure thing :) but it is "Epic" too...

Neversoft
25-06-2008, 09:27 PM
OMG I was just saying that some people take things in the wrong way, can somebody not make a suggestion without being flamed :( lol

True I agree about the Fantasy/Adventure thing :) but it is "Epic" too...

I was not flaming. Just simply making another point. ;)

I agree, it is indeed epic. But I'd describe it as epic, not categorize it in it's own genre. Epic isn't a code or convention, it's something a film can be. It means impressive or surpassing the ordinary. It cannot be a genre.

Misawa
25-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Generic features of an epic film are the likes of extravagant budgets, serious tonal drama, great stories. Usually the films are based on religion or war. Ben Hur is film of the epic genre.

Inseriousity.
26-06-2008, 07:09 AM
I loved Helena Bonham Carter in Harry Potter/Sweeney Todd. She's my favourite actress.

For the males, I like Edward Norton in 'A time to kill', I can't remember what the film is called (but it stars Ben Stiller (or whatever his name is lmao) about two religious priests who fall in love with the same girl and obviously, their religion bans it) and The Hulk.
Plus Johnny Depp because of Sweeney Todd/POTC :)

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 08:43 AM

All of his drama's are easily above average. You can tell that much by looking on IMDb.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions with Adam Sandler. Sure he portrays the same character in different comedy movies, but comedy isn't the only thing he does you know.

I'm not slating Mr Sandler, as I have a few of his films, it's just when it comes to defining epic the major titles brought up would be:

Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Godzilla

Style
27-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Favourite actor is Johnny Depp because hes quite a versatile actor and hes hott!!! :D

Axel
27-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Probably Morgan Freeman.

BlueEyedSarah
27-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Swoony Cloony lol ;) (AKA: George Cloony)

Tarentel
29-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Henry Fonda.

Loqo
29-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Will Smith, Tom Hanks, Samuel L Jackson.

Coldplay
29-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Will Smith, Adam Sandler, Samuel L Jackson.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!