PDA

View Full Version : Habbox VIP changes + Introducing Habbox VVIP

Leetzgirl
22-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I like the idea,
Althrough it doesn't say how much VVIP costs :(

although I want to hear what users think of it :)!

Matt.
22-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Prices can be found here (http://www.habboxforum.com/payments.php)

I was lucky to buy v.i.p this morning, lol.

Spiffing
22-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Can you buy VVIP via Sms like Vip?
Andd if so, how?

AgnesIO
22-06-2008, 05:32 PM
How much do they cost via SMS.

Also unless you give more benefits I think 1.50 is taking the mick,.

timROGERS
22-06-2008, 05:33 PM
How much do they cost via SMS.

Also unless you give more benefits I think 1.50 is taking the mick,.

It's not even £1.50, that's gold. Normal VIP is £4 a month :O

GommeInc
22-06-2008, 05:34 PM
£4 is alot for only a few more features compared to regular VIP. £2 or £2.50 would be more reasonable.

Leetzgirl
22-06-2008, 05:34 PM
No no

Normal vip = 1.50

VVIP = 4 quid

lolol

AgnesIO
22-06-2008, 05:35 PM
It's not even £1.50, that's gold. Normal VIP is £4 a month :O

Four pound for VVIP? What a ******* rip off.

Only one good thing about VVIP is being able to change VIP colours.

I can assure you unless there are 10X better features VVIP is a complete rip.

timROGERS
22-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Ahh read it wrong, oops guys :P

AgnesIO
22-06-2008, 05:39 PM
I am expecting to see six more features for VVIP before i look into it.

P.S. Update the VIP page please, and sort out SMS charges.

P.P.S What are these so called good new features? I have seen about two.

jackass
22-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I liked the sound of VVIP, but I didn't like the price. :P

Looks like i'm going to have to cut down on my VIP, I can't afford these. :(

AgnesIO
22-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I liked the sound of VVIP, but I didn't like the price. :P

Looks like i'm going to have to cut down on my VIP, I can't afford these. :(

Many people wont be able to. Ican still can, but I am actually thinking is this money actually doing what we think it is?

dirrty
22-06-2008, 05:50 PM
i like the idea, but for £4 a month, thats a bit steep.

Hiro
22-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I guess I just got Gold VIP 1 pound cheaper :eusa_whis
I do like the idea of VVIP and I'd buy a six month subscription if the price wasn't so high and the fact that I've got 7 months of VIP left :K.
I might give it a test trial, I have 4 pound lying around.

edit; got 3 months LOL *yay*

err. what's happened to my name font/colour?!

Meanies
22-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Will we be able to get VVIP by SMS?

Jordan,
22-06-2008, 06:05 PM
i think they shoulod reduce vvip to £3-£2.50

Jahova
22-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Me thinks the prices are too high.

Plank
22-06-2008, 06:06 PM
If VVIP had more features I would buy it. It needs double the features of normal VIP.

Slowpoke
22-06-2008, 06:07 PM
It's the first day of VVIP, give management a chance, nothing and nobody is perfect. To be honest, £4 is nothing and if you don't like the price then don't buy it, it's as simple as that - Nobody is forcing you.

Plank
22-06-2008, 06:09 PM
It's the first day of VVIP, give management a chance, nothing and nobody is perfect. To be honest, £4 is nothing and if you don't like the price then don't buy it, it's as simple as that - Nobody is forcing you.
It's called feedback.

Nick.
22-06-2008, 06:09 PM
VVIP prices should be:
£2.50 - 1 Month
£6.50 - 3 Month
£11 - 6 Month

@ Slowpoke
£4 is a hell of a lot of money for a small amount of features on a forum. Especially a month. You obviously don't appreciate the value of money.

today
22-06-2008, 06:10 PM
i think i'll pass at vip now then. (:

Leetzgirl
22-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I guess I just got Gold VIP 1 pound cheaper :eusa_whis
I do like the idea of VVIP and I'd buy a six month subscription if the price wasn't so high and the fact that I've got 7 months of VIP left :K.
I might give it a test trial, I have 4 pound lying around.

edit; got 3 months LOL *yay*

err. what's happened to my name font/colour?!

That what happens when you get it one quid cheaper :P

Favourtism
22-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Lots of people wil stop buying now imo and habbox would make more money before.

Lol if someone buys a year of VVIP

Plank
22-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Are SMS prices still £1.50 or has that gone up because paypal is now £1.50

Callum.
22-06-2008, 06:13 PM
In my opinion, the price is very to high for the little featurs you get. You don't get much that gives the wow thought. £4 is a lot, not to bothered if everyone else thinks it is, because at the end of the day, you're spending £4 on a forum where you can get pretty much everything you need for free. You don't need a coloured name, you don't need the other royalties as VIP. So I think it's a waste of £4. Lucky I have 4 months of this left. Or 3.

Wootzeh
22-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Lots of people wil stop buying now imo and habbox would make more money before.

Lol if someone buys a year of VVIP
They won't stop buying, they just won't buy VVIP :S

Hiro
22-06-2008, 06:16 PM
I guess if you want to support the community you can pay the prices. It's not like the management are forcing you to buy VIP/VVIP.

Spiffing
22-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Someone answerrrr

how do you buy VVIP through Sms if you can??

brandon
22-06-2008, 06:23 PM
£4.00 is a little steep I would agree but no-one is forcing you to buy it. The only improvement that interests me about VVIP is the way you can change VIP usergroups.

--ss--
22-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Well it's the same price as Clubhabbo now ;).

today
22-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Someone answerrrr

how do you buy VVIP through Sms if you can??
I dont think you can just yet.

PriceTags
22-06-2008, 06:27 PM
If a SMS VVIP system is launched, I'll buy it.

Spiffing
22-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I dont think you can just yet.
oh okayy [: ill wait till my next vip runs out xD

Hazza
22-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I agree that £4.00 is alot for VIP on an online forum. I wouldn't mind £3,00 to be honest, I know its only 1 pound but you know. :)

MissAlice
22-06-2008, 06:31 PM
I do have to agree with what most users are saying that £4.00 is quite steep. Maybe normal VIP could of been reduced to £1.00 and VVIP then introduced at around £2.00. At £2.00 the majority buying would surely then buy VVIP ;)

Hazza
22-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I do have to agree with what most users are saying that £4.00 is quite steep. Maybe normal VIP could of been reduced to £1.00 and VVIP then introduced at around £2.00. At £2.00 the majority buying would surely then buy VVIP ;)
I would defo for £2.50-£3.00... £4 is too steep IMO. Seeing you don't actually get that many more features.

today
22-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Shouldnt they update the VIP page too? To add "VVIP" to the checklist difference.

http://www.habboxforum.com/vip.php

The Professor
22-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Shouldnt they update the VIP page too? To add "VVIP" to the checklist difference.

http://www.habboxforum.com/vip.php

I'm sure Catzsy and her CS team will get round to updating the FAQs soon. Considering it was released within the last hour I think we can allow them some time ;)

PriceTags
22-06-2008, 06:38 PM
I think an idea of another VVIP advantage is the removal of ads from the top of the page. They payed £4 for extra features, it makes up for the ad clicks.

EDIT: Plus I think just saying "I need six more features before I buy this" is a bit stupid. You need to post CONSTRUCTIVE critisism.

--ss--
22-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Maybe give them an unique user colour , eg the habbox prize group colour which has been out for over 2 and half years yet hasn't been given out with the tournaments that happened.
This is actually a colour I would want
and £4 for a month is far too high , maybe if it was for 3 months I would buy it.

Hiro
22-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Maybe give them an unique user colour , eg the habbox prize group colour which has been out for over 2 and half years yet hasn't been given out with the tournaments that happened.
This is actually a colour I would want
and £4 for a month is far too high , maybe if it was for 3 months I would buy it.

I agree with the whole Unique colour thing. But there's still time, it's only been out for a few hours?

Mr.Sam
22-06-2008, 06:51 PM
£4 for a month is too much, seeing as the minimum wage is just over £5
something like £2.50 would be a lot more suitable.

Janczyk
22-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I understand the 'increasing costs of the site' but to be fair, you can run a site of much more magnitude than Habbox for cheaper than it is already doing so.

I mean, ways of saving money is merge Habbox and HabboxLive into one site - that cuts down on the domain, hosting and maintenance. The uploadpicz site, I'm sure there's a way you could integrate that into the forum which would, again, lower the server load and cut down the domain costs - another way is to get a member to make a seperate site [namely habboxuploads.com or whatever] and do it from there.

These are ways of cutting down the costs of the self proclaimed 'costly running of the site' and introducing VVIP at 400% more than the original VIP cost is not the way to go about it. Sure, people will buy it for maybe a couple of months at maximum but people like me who don't have much disposable income cannot keep paying out lump sums for membership on a forum that, in all honesty, doesn't get that much.

If I was management, I would completely overhaul to VIP system and how it works and work it into 'grading' of VIP. It completely needs reworking and this includes everything - either way, I think it's a case of 1 step backwards and 2 steps forward because Habbox are definitely going the right way.

My two cents.

Roxy
22-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah. £4 is a lot, especially since there aren't that many new features. Also the colours are the same, if there was different colours too then I'd be more interested.

cocaine
22-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Well it's the same price as Clubhabbo now ;).

and thats ok is it?

e5
22-06-2008, 07:16 PM
i wont be buying vip again, sorry.

Tristan
22-06-2008, 07:18 PM
How much has VIP by SMS gone up???

PriceTags
22-06-2008, 07:20 PM
How much has VIP by SMS gone up???

It's the same. It's now the same to buy it with PayPal or SMS.

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I just got this "VVIP" for like 3 months, ---MAD--- you better be coming with the toilet paper for that price ;)

Hiro
22-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I just got this "VVIP" for like 3 months, ---MAD--- you better be coming with the toilet paper for that price ;)

Aye, so have I. Probably going to have to wait at least a week until everything is in working order.

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Aye, so have I. Probably going to have to wait at least a week until everything is in working order.

Yeah I'm gonna hop back to Black VIP until it's all sorted.

EDIT: Oh maybe not >.>

Hiro
22-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah I'm gonna hop back to Black VIP until it's all sorted.

EDIT: Oh maybe not >.>

Haha. Yeah. I've posted a few problems in my thread. I'm a patient man though.

FlyingJesus
22-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I'll still be buying VIP as I do want to give my support for the site, but I'm not going to be getting the VVIP I don't think - there aren't any features that I particularly care about as I don't do anything with my profile, so wouldn't be worth 250% of the price for me.

Hiro
22-06-2008, 07:34 PM
I'll still be buying VIP as I do want to give my support for the site, but I'm not going to be getting the VVIP I don't think - there aren't any features that I particularly care about as I don't do anything with my profile, so wouldn't be worth 250% of the price for me.

That's the kind of attitude we need towards this!
Kudos to you!

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=34131

Loving the huge profile image :P

Hiro
22-06-2008, 08:04 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=34131

Loving the huge profile image :P

Lol. I was gonna use a huge profile image, but I thought it looked stupid. dunno though. ;o

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Lol. I was gonna use a huge profile image, but I thought it looked stupid. dunno though. ;o

It'll look alot better when you can edit your profile ^.^

Hiro
22-06-2008, 08:10 PM
It'll look alot better when you can edit your profile ^.^

Yeah, it's a shame about the image size (58kb) 'cos it destroys the quality :(

Agnostic Bear
22-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, it's a shame about the image size (58kb) 'cos it destroys the quality :(

Yeah I had to remove the awesome gradient I had for a solid colour.

Jordy
22-06-2008, 08:36 PM
In my opinion, the price is very to high for the little featurs you get. You don't get much that gives the wow thought. £4 is a lot, not to bothered if everyone else thinks it is, because at the end of the day, you're spending £4 on a forum where you can get pretty much everything you need for free. You don't need a coloured name, you don't need the other royalties as VIP. So I think it's a waste of £4. Lucky I have 4 months of this left. Or 3.Your right the price is rather rubbish for the features you get, however it's about supporting the site really and anyone who buys VVIP would certainly be buying it to support the site, and good on them, we should all be grateful. I doubt anyone would buy VVIP for it's features.

It's the first day of VVIP, give management a chance, nothing and nobody is perfect. To be honest, £4 is nothing and if you don't like the price then don't buy it, it's as simple as that - Nobody is forcing you.Like someone has said, you don't understand the value of money, and if £4 is so little, why aren't you VIP, huh?! Typical reply of a Habbox Staff member if you ask me.

I understand the 'increasing costs of the site' but to be fair, you can run a site of much more magnitude than Habbox for cheaper than it is already doing so.

I mean, ways of saving money is merge Habbox and HabboxLive into one site - that cuts down on the domain, hosting and maintenance. The uploadpicz site, I'm sure there's a way you could integrate that into the forum which would, again, lower the server load and cut down the domain costs - another way is to get a member to make a seperate site [namely habboxuploads.com or whatever] and do it from there.I agree Habbox could probably cut costs but not that way. First of all I'd scrap the failure of the image uploader all together, it'll cost them a lot presumably but not many use it. It's a rather pointless addition to Habbox if you ask me.

They're not going to save much money at all other than a few quid if they merged sites, I'd cut money by not paying some of the useless management and wasting around £100 on a vBulletin Chat which is unused.

I understand the name VVIP will probably be changed, but it is a bloody awful name for now, it seriously couldn't be any worse. Surely it could just be 'VIP+' or 'Habbox Extra' till it's changed? :P

Slowpoke
22-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Like someone has said, you don't understand the value of money, and if £4 is so little, why aren't you VIP, huh?! Typical reply of a Habbox Staff member if you ask me.

Because I don't have a paypal or Habbo furniture to buy it with and I don't like doing it by SMS, is that a valid enough explanation for you?

jackass
22-06-2008, 09:07 PM

Yeah, I agree we should give management a chance, as they are trying to make this forum better for us, and I really appreciate that. :)

You don't think £4 is a lot of money? I think its quite a lot really. :P

reeana
22-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I've only bought VIP for myself once. Now I just buy for other people. I don't need VIP to enjoy Habbox. And also gold looks like orange..

GommeInc
22-06-2008, 09:21 PM
I think an idea of another VVIP advantage is the removal of ads from the top of the page. They payed £4 for extra features, it makes up for the ad clicks.

EDIT: Plus I think just saying "I need six more features before I buy this" is a bit stupid. You need to post CONSTRUCTIVE critisism.
That is constructive... 6 more features will make it worth the money. If they don't realise then they're not looking at the bigger picture.

FlyingJesus
22-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Like someone has said, you don't understand the value of money, and if £4 is so little, why aren't you VIP, huh?! Typical reply of a Habbox Staff member if you ask me.

Wow aggressive much?

I'd cut money by not paying some of the useless management and wasting around £100 on a vBulletin Chat which is unused.

Which members of management do you think are useless then? And yes the chat is often unused but it has actually had a few decent evenings and so I wouldn't say it was a waste really.

I understand the name VVIP will probably be changed, but it is a bloody awful name for now, it seriously couldn't be any worse. Surely it could just be 'VIP+' or 'Habbox Extra' till it's changed? :P

Calm down mate, you don't have to be negative about everything. Yeah it's not a wonderful name but I don't see why it's such a thing to get worked up about. Adding the extra V is just another "very" at the head of "very important person" so it's just the same as VIP+ or extra really.

PriceTags
22-06-2008, 10:01 PM
That is constructive... 6 more features will make it worth the money. If they don't realise then they're not looking at the bigger picture.

I see it more as being a tad stroppy. Six more features, yes, but what features? It's not helping. It's better to name the six features than just to demand them.

Kardan
22-06-2008, 10:05 PM
£17 for 6 months VVIP... Thought I might have purhased it until I saw the price :p

And is Gold VIP supposed to be cheaper than all the rest?

samsaBEAR
22-06-2008, 10:05 PM

please dont stereotype all habbox staff, i to think its over priced.
and bigger profile pictures! omg! exactly what VIPs need.
im sorry, but i dont really agree with the new VIP changes. ill still buy it tho, just not the VVIP
dont fire me tho :D

and hasnt VIP always been £1.50? i've always been charged that much when i SMS buy.

FlyingJesus
22-06-2008, 10:12 PM
And is Gold VIP supposed to be cheaper than all the rest?

It is if you buy 6 months init

Favourtism
22-06-2008, 10:22 PM
@FJ

They bought a 300dollar supposrt system aswell which asfar a I know isnt even working properly on the forum yet.

Maybe pay the bills instead of buying loads of stuff like chat which is empty evrytime I look

FlyingJesus
22-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Was that the bug report thing? I don't get that, I'd have thought you can just post that there's a bug and it'd be easier

Immenseman
22-06-2008, 11:00 PM

Of course, all Habbox staff share exactly the same thoughts and opinions. Just because one staff member has this opinion doesn't mean they all do, calling it a typical reply is a bit of a generalisation as I'd put my house on the fact you haven't spoken to every single staff member.

@FJ

They bought a 300dollar supposrt system aswell which asfar a I know isnt even working properly on the forum yet.

Maybe pay the bills instead of buying loads of stuff like chat which is empty evrytime I look

Just because it isn't working yet, doesn't make it a waste of money like you imply. When it's working it might be the most valuable asset to Habbox, who's to say?! The chat has been used quite a bit recently and I have no doubt if it's advertised more it could be quite a hit. :)

le harry
22-06-2008, 11:48 PM
mangment corupt stealin our $$$$$$ ;:@@;;:@@;@L:@;;@2;@; vry dispointed....

VVIP is way overpriced lol.

GommeInc
23-06-2008, 01:07 AM
The Bug Reporter thing does seem a bit pointless "/ If it does what I think it does, then you may aswell just post a PM to someone or post a thread on the issue, and it'll be dealt with quicker and for free, not however much this thing costs.

AgnesIO
23-06-2008, 06:35 AM

£4 pound is alot of money for some.

i wont be buying vip again, sorry.

I will as i use SMS anyway.

It's the same. It's now the same to buy it with PayPal or SMS.

Good, what i have akways said tbh.

please dont stereotype all habbox staff, i to think its over priced.
and bigger profile pictures! omg! exactly what VIPs need.
im sorry, but i dont really agree with the new VIP changes. ill still buy it tho, just not the VVIP
dont fire me tho :D

and hasnt VIP always been £1.50? i've always been charged that much when i SMS buy.

Paypal was only a quid ;)

----

Anyway i guess if you can buy VVIP via sms, I will sell it...

samsaBEAR
23-06-2008, 11:24 AM
£4 pound is alot of money for some.

I will as i use SMS anyway.

Good, what i have akways said tbh.

Paypal was only a quid ;)

----

Anyway i guess if you can buy VVIP via sms, I will sell it...
oh right, well unless SMS goes up im not affected :D

AgnesIO
23-06-2008, 03:21 PM
oh right, well unless SMS goes up im not affected :D

Same here :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!