PDA

View Full Version : My Project Idea

Joshuae
22-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Right, for a few months now, I've been planning a company, could say, a media hub.

Provides:
- Design / Web Coding
- Programming
- Dynamic Media / Animation

Now, obviously, I can't do this without a team or whatnot, yes I always go against idiots who post projects like this on a Habbo Forum, but I've seen some really good talent.

I'll explain each job, for all you people

- Design:
Includes: Designing logos, public interfaces, web layouts, banners, advertisements.

- Web Coding
Includes: Coding and developing functional websites for the clients/our projects.

- Programming
Includes: Programming scripts (PHP/Javascript) or programs (Later on in project development) for clients/our own projects.

- Dynamic Art
Includes: Vector Illustration, Public Art, 3D Work, for clients/our own projects.

- Dynamic Animation
Includes: Animation with; Flash / Swish 3D / 3D Animation.

Though, a lot of this might interlink such as flash with web coding.

Pay, isn't guarenteed as of yet, but will be spread evenly throughout the team from cash earned.

I'm not expecting this to get huge within a week, as this'll take a good time to set up functionally.

If intrested, PM me, or add me to MSN:

[email protected]

P.S:

This project hasn't got a name yet. :)

Independent
22-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Right, for a few months now, I've been planning a company, could say, a media hub.

Provides:
- Design / Web Coding
- Programming
- Dynamic Media / Animation

Now, obviously, I can't do this without a team or whatnot, yes I always go against idiots who post projects like this on a Habbo Forum, but I've seen some really good talent.

I'll explain each job, for all you people

- Design:
Includes: Designing logos, public interfaces, web layouts, banners, advertisements.

- Web Coding
Includes: Coding and developing functional websites for the clients/our projects.

- Programming
Includes: Programming scripts (PHP/Javascript) or programs (Later on in project development) for clients/our own projects.

- Dynamic Art
Includes: Vector Illustration, Public Art, 3D Work, for clients/our own projects.

- Dynamic Animation
Includes: Animation with; Flash / Swish 3D / 3D Animation.

Though, a lot of this might interlink such as flash with web coding.

Pay, isn't guarenteed as of yet, but will be spread evenly throughout the team from cash earned.

I'm not expecting this to get huge within a week, as this'll take a good time to set up functionally.

If intrested, PM me, or add me to MSN:

[email protected]

P.S:

This project hasn't got a name yet. :)
I'd offer to help, but I'm not really that good at anything listed.. If you was hiring content producers for the websites that you create, maybe I'd be interested.

Joshuae
22-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I'd offer to help, but I'm not really that good at anything listed.. If you was hiring content producers for the websites that you create, maybe I'd be interested.

The projects we'd be doing, would be staff run, won't need content writers as we'd have each project planned.

Independent
22-06-2008, 06:13 PM
The projects we'd be doing, would be staff run, won't need content writers as we'd have each project planned.
I doubt I'll be applying.. but good luck with it. :D

Joshuae
22-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I doubt I'll be applying.. but good luck with it. :D

Thanks. ;)

Meti
22-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Sounds fun. I'll maybe apply when I get some time =)

Protege
22-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I'd likely help you though you seem to be very confrontational towards me in past threads.

Joshuae
23-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I'd likely help you though you seem to be very confrontational towards me in past threads.

That was a misinterpretation on my behalf, I apologise, I in no-way know you, so, I didn't mean the arguement, I protested with.

Joshuae
23-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Update:

2 People are intrested, anyone else? xP

Protege
23-06-2008, 04:14 PM
What web coding do you have in mind?

Independent
23-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Probably things like custom scripts?

Joshuae
23-06-2008, 05:41 PM

Could be client requested, say a CMS, or an Upload.

Although, our self-projects might include the same, all depends as it goes with self projects.

Protege
23-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll do small scripts, if I was to code up a script and no other input was added... what % do I get of the final payment?

Joshuae
23-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I'll do small scripts, if I was to code up a script and no other input was added... what % do I get of the final payment?

Say, the user payed £30

You'd recieve £20 and £10 for site benefits. :)

But, say they paid £100, it's be £70(you) - 30(site) (That's single.)

But, with big projects, it'll usually be 1 designer, 1 coder so it'd be split 40/40 - 20

Hard to explain, xD

Excellent
23-06-2008, 08:32 PM
So basically around 70-80%.

Joshuae
23-06-2008, 08:36 PM
We now have:

Jahmes
James Cassidy

signed onto the team. :)

Joshuae
24-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Our site shall be up (Splash) within this week.

Thanks for your intrest guys.

Protege
24-06-2008, 05:33 PM
We've chose a site name, and we're currently mocking up a web design template. Domain shall be purchased within the current week and we're looking for more staff.

Independent
24-06-2008, 05:35 PM
What's the name then, surely you can state that as nobody's going to reserve every domain.

Joshuae
24-06-2008, 05:39 PM
What's the name then, surely you can state that as nobody's going to reserve every domain.

;) All will be revealed soon.

Independent
24-06-2008, 09:30 PM
;) All will be revealed soon.Ah.. fair enough

Joshuae
25-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Our template is nearly fully functional, and our lovely system, will be underway soon enough.

Independent
25-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Our template is nearly fully functional, and our lovely system, will be underway soon enough.
What is the system going to contain?

Joshuae
25-06-2008, 05:43 PM
What is the system going to contain?

;) Secret

craigg.
25-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey Josh, I may be interested in doing some freelance coding work for you guys. Drop a PM or MSN me sometime.

Thanks.

Joshuae
25-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Josh, I may be interested in doing some freelance coding work for you guys. Drop a PM or MSN me sometime.

Thanks.

Awesome Craig, sounds great. :D

Hypertext
26-06-2008, 03:23 AM
Joshuae - it's an old idea. It can work but I advise you to work with people you know irl and keep it out of these forums as most of these people it just won't work with,

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Joshuae - it's an old idea. It can work but I advise you to work with people you know irl and keep it out of these forums as most of these people it just won't work with,

Hey Charlie, I'm not a benevolent piece of crap who everyone hates.
- Like you.

This project has it's own divs, it's own plans, and a great team so far.
So, I suggest you be quiet, if you're going to go against something, which is obviously, on the opposite of what you're saying. You just like to neglect that I can do work, because I pulled from your wittle fwyxa.
Sheesh.

Updates!

Template is up and going, and working on our systems now, 1-2 of you have seen some previews. (;) People who are trusted.)

Staff positions are still open!
Be sure to add me on MSN!

[email protected]

Source
26-06-2008, 08:38 AM
How rude can someone be on these forums? You give it, you get it. So here's my plug at your pathetic response at hypertext's response.

First of all, everything he said is completly correct. Most projects started on habboxforum may not fail, but are hard to run reducing productivity. I don't think you realise how many people lie about their 'skill level' when you are hiring anyone and everyone, nor does it look like you know how to run a business.

I would suggest that no-one even attempts to help Joshuae in anyway, because frankly after that childish responce he doesnt deserve it. All that did for you Joshuae is showing how you cannot take constructive critisism of which would make your projects better. Alot better.

In the end I think you need to come to reality rather than sitting in your own little world of everything working perfect from 'friends' on the interwebz. Projects don't generally work over the internet, nor are they completed quickly to a clients needs when they have to be. I'm literally just moving into my new office in Guildford and hope to get Greg, Jack and a few others down here to discuss somethings. Projects work allot better when working in the same office, room, area - not the internetz.

I know this is a general statement so don't flame me saying "Blah blah has done it over the internetz", maybe you can but from your attitude I can see you pulling out / argueing with alot of people within the organisation.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 08:47 AM
How rude can someone be on these forums? You give it, you get it. So here's my plug at your pathetic response at hypertext's response.

First of all, everything he said is completly correct. Most projects started on habboxforum may not fail, but are hard to run reducing productivity. I don't think you realise how many people lie about their 'skill level' when you are hiring anyone and everyone, nor does it look like you know how to run a business.

I would suggest that no-one even attempts to help Joshuae in anyway, because frankly after that childish responce he doesnt deserved it. All that did for you Joshuae is showing how you cannot take constructive critisism of which would make your projects better. Alot better.

In then end I think you need to come to reality rather than sitting in your own little world of everything working perfect from 'friends' on the interwebz. Project don't generally work over the internet, nor are they completed quickly to a clients needs when they have to be. I'm literally just moving into my new office in Guildford and hope to get Greg, Jack and a few others down here to discuss somethings. Projects work alot better when working in the same office, room, area - not the internetz.

I know this is a general statement so don't flame me saying "Blah blah has done it over the internetz", maybe you can but from your attitude I can see you pulling out / argueing with alot of people within the organisation.

Hey, I can take constructive critisism. But Hypertext, always goes against my projects. & I'm not expecting this be huge as it is, but when it grows, I plan to get some offices for it.

I've read and understood your points and yes I agree. But projects can be started over the internet, build up some form of a popular reputation, then move into an office or location.

And, this project wasn't started on Habbox, it was started with some others, over MSN, could say that's worse.

I can take critisment, as I always do, with my designs, but Charlie holds a grudge against me, for me pulling out of his Flyxa project and taking all my designs.

Source
26-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Overuse of comma's much.

For you to get an office its around £300 per head, per month when leasing. Meaning for 5 people you have got to be making £1500 a month + that of what people want to earn. I won't mention what projects are causing me needing an office, as I do not believe any proper business should be discussed on habbox (as highlighted in this thread).

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Overuse of comma's much.

For you to get an office its around £300 per head, per month when leasing. Meaning for 5 people you have got to be making £1500 a month + that of what people want to earn. I won't mention what projects are causing me needing an office, as I do not believe any proper business should be discussed on habbox (as highlighted in this thread).

I have a habit for it. :P

Yeah, as I said when this project builds up, and it builds the popularity and income needed, We'll discuss the idea of an office.

Protege
26-06-2008, 10:04 AM
"Overuse of comma's much."

I really can't see why you'd insult someone's grammar skills. Just seems a bit pointless to me...

Klydo
26-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Right, so an office is needed. I'm agreeing there, working within an office area greatly improves productivity and idea flow. Still this doesn't mean paying a lot of money each week/month to rent out an office space. Unless you're a hobo I'm pretty sure you have maybe a dining room, living room or something of that description where you can maybe fling in 1 or 2 computers and maybe get staff to take in personal laptops. Youmeo begun in the MD's front room, even at the time of the PplParty to Youmeo rename they were still in his front room. It was only recently that they moved in a dedicated office space. A front room is not as convient as a office I will admit that also, however it does the job until you can afford one.

Source
26-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Problem is greg, that I don't see potential within this business so get to that level of expansion. They don't (from what I have seen), have the correct state-of-mind for it.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Problem is greg, that I don't see potential within this business so get to that level of expansion. They don't (from what I have seen), have the correct state-of-mind for it.

Matt, just because we do not hit your expectations, does not mean you can judge how we may do in the future. I thought you were better than that. :rolleyes:

Source
26-06-2008, 10:49 AM
As I have said time and time again. When I state something I only state it on what I have seen of people on the forum, you aswel as I know that this is not an accurate character definition but its the only thing I have to go on.

The reason I say it, is put yourself in my shoes and read through this thread. There always seems to be a hint of "I don't know exactly what im doing, but have a rough idea" in your posts. This is no way an insult, just saying that is the impression I get. Anyway, read through it and maybe you will see what I mean, its just you don't know exactly whats happening, not giving all the info in the first post - which for me hints at someone who hasnt thought it through but instead is making a spur of the moment thing.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 10:59 AM
As I have said time and time again. When I state something I only state it on what I have seen of people on the forum, you aswel as I know that this is not an accurate character definition but its the only thing I have to go on.

The reason I say it, is put yourself in my shoes and read through this thread. There always seems to be a hint of "I don't know exactly what im doing, but have a rough idea" in your posts. This is no way an insult, just saying that is the impression I get. Anyway, read through it and maybe you will see what I mean, its just you don't know exactly whats happening, not giving all the info in the first post - which for me hints at someone who hasnt thought it through but instead is making a spur of the moment thing.

Me and James, know exactly what we're doing, and we have it all planned out. Just because we don't want to release everything at once, doesn't mean, we don't know? I can understand you're getting that impression...

But we do know what we're doing.

Source
26-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Ok thats great then.

But let the community know certain things so they don't get the impression like myself and a few others....

Protege
26-06-2008, 11:08 AM
You start small, then you expand. I preferably like to work by myself in a peaceful environment - so an office space would not really help me. Though I can see the advantages that you get easily share ideas and broadcast your views. We'll start small and expand - We rather get our name out into the open, than spend money on an office that really is not needed as of yet.

Klydo
26-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Office space would help you, if you want to work by yourself in a peaceful enviroment then you need to have the mind and ideas of the creator of Craig's List. Otherwise you're going to get no where.

One of the first things you need is to at very least have a place where you can meet and discuss ideas. MSN, Skype and whatever else aren't good enough. Having pen, paper and maybe a whiteboard makes all the difference. So if you want to make this work you need to at very least meet at either one another's houses or rent out a small meeting space/hotel room for a period of time.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 11:17 AM
As said on MSN, we can't exactly afford an office right now, and what would be the point, purchasing/renting an office, for a company no-ones heard of yet?

Source
26-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Thats not the point. You seem to keep missing the key point.

The keypoint is to get a local team where its easy for you to meet up and discuss things. Get a plan of action done etc...

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Thats not the point. You seem to keep missing the key point.

The keypoint is to get a local team where its easy for you to meet up and discuss things. Get a plan of action done etc...

That's one of your keypoints. It doesn't matter for the beginning of the project. As long the people involved have strong social abilities.

Look at Klydo, Greg & Caleb did awesome work with that, and it went far.

Source
26-06-2008, 11:28 AM
You can't even compare it to klydo.

Klydo was 2 people, and even then progress was slowed down when communication lacked between the 2.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 11:44 AM
You can't even compare it to klydo.

Klydo was 2 people, and even then progress was slowed down when communication lacked between the 2.

Yes I can.

This is 2 people pretty much, not going to have loads involved.

Excellent
26-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Right this thread is getting pointless, will you both stop forsaking preposterous insults and talk like mature people. As Klydo said, an office space is ideal but NOT always needed. Some bands start in a garage - not a huge great big stage.

At the end of the day, two people, 1 can design, 1 can code = not going to work as you want it to. You need a dedicated and loyal team of about 5-6 to start a decent company such as the market you're trying to pop into.

This is in no way criticism but it's the truth. You cannot plan a "company" and automatically think you're the next best thing since sliced bread - don't get like Darren. I think for both of you to get some staff on-side and some clients is to post what you can both do - we have seen nothing in this thread but an idea - nothing solid.

Jahmes can code - not being horrible but all I've seen from you Jahmes is an WHM account creator and a paypal checker - nothing solid. But I don't know you so I'm not going to say you cannot do anything advanced, you may be an awesome coder - just show it.

Josh I know can design and can vouch for him.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Right this thread is getting pointless, will you both stop forsaking preposterous insults and talk like mature people. As Klydo said, an office space is ideal but NOT always needed. Some bands start in a garage - not a huge great big stage.

At the end of the day, two people, 1 can design, 1 can code = not going to work as you want it to. You need a dedicated and loyal team of about 5-6 to start a decent company such as the market you're trying to pop into.

This is in no way criticism but it's the truth. You cannot plan a "company" and automatically think you're the next best thing since sliced bread - don't get like Darren. I think for both of you to get some staff on-side and some clients is to post what you can both do - we have seen nothing in this thread but an idea - nothing solid.

Jahmes can code - not being horrible but all I've seen from you Jahmes is an WHM account creator and a paypal checker - nothing solid. But I don't know you so I'm not going to say you cannot do anything advanced, you may be an awesome coder - just show it.

Josh I know can design and can vouch for him.

If you read, the first post, I said I'm not expecting this to be huge within a week, and yeah, I know we need 5-6, but it's us 2 at this current moment.
We'll be posting updates soon over this week, for our work and srvices.

I can vouch for James, from what he's doing now, he's brilliant.

Hypertext
26-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Greg is 100% correct.

Whilst at home it's way too easy to get distracted and it's not structured. Also I'd advise you still to do with only people you know in real life.

There are some offices in Chicago where you can rent them for a few hours. Alternatively you could just go to a Starbucks and bring laptop if it's talking that you need. The main thing is that it is structured and strict.

I also suggest hiring a tax attorney like I did - this will help a lot deciding about taxes etc. Well thats in America (I've almost forgot how it works in England:S).

I'd also advise hiring an accountant to sort out your finances per Q.

If your serious about this, you'll do it with some friends or a friend and you'll need maybe 1-2k to start. Unless you can get a loan..

I don't know how old you are, but if your not 17-18? I can't remember how old in England.. you won't be able to get a loan but you might be able to get a grant if all else fails, I hope you have a couple gs in the bank.

Good luck and update me if it's a success or failure.

-Charlie

Edit:

Greg, thankyou!

Yes - I am running a successful web design business with a friend in real life - a designer - don't flame me, saying I haven't got the balls to post it.. but to be honest if it's successful I get payed about 25x irl than a habbo template..lol.

Greg moved on from fantasies and now has a decent job working with people in real life which works 200% better.

I didn't read your response earlier Joshuae.

That was PATHETIC. I gave you a really constuctive response explaining that about 99% of e-projects fail and have failed look through web design projects and add up how many failed. All the web design businesses that were *e-only* I guarantee have failed.

Real web design business comes from word of mouth. Real mouths :rolleyes:

Thanks for sticking up for me Matt. He's sad because I'm telling him the truth.

I'll go back to the company I work for now, even though you'll all say it's fake. We have a commodities trader as our CEO, then a CTO as our technical director, then theres 3 developers (including me), a designer, a new flex/flash developer, and an administration/get advertisements employee. If your about to say it's all fake, I really don't care. I'm trying to help.

_Charlie

Klydo
26-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Klydo.com is the best example of this. It wasn't financially possible for myself and Caleb to meet let alone get an office space so we had to either communicate using Skype or just text via MSN. This normally caused issues with ideas and comments being misheard or misinterperated. When in person you can describe things a lot better and easily pass ideas between each other.

Yes Klydo did go a long way and the system as well as design was very useful and was what both of us wanted. However it took 3 months to get to that point and during those 3 months we had countless arguements and disagreements when it came to how the site should flow and be coded. Where as if we were in person these ideas could all be organised and explained before any work is done.

However you're missing the point to having a "business", you need people to run the business side of things not just the production. For example Youmeo has a couple of people who only focus on business in accounting, marketing and administration. Then there is a whole other team for coding, designing and up keep. If it was only the web development that was in the business it would fail instantly.

So just recruiting designers and coders is not the way to go.

Protege
26-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Ok... after you stop arguing pointlessly here are a few previews:

Our site name is, http://interstudios.co.uk/ and here's an example of our logo

http://www.interstudios.co.uk/logo2.png

Few site previews are located on the site and here's some just for you guys...

http://www.interstudios.co.uk/morepreview.png

That's about it for the moment.

Klydo
26-06-2008, 01:38 PM
No offence here, but your colour choices aren't the best. From what i can see you're working with bright yellow, green and orange on a white to grey background. This is NEVER a good idea. Try dulling the colours so they don't seem to glow when you look at them.

I can't really comment on the layout/design as a whole however at the moment it's not pushing my buttons.

Protege
26-06-2008, 01:39 PM
The buttons are glowing ool - I also think the colour scheme looks alright so do a few others.

Klydo
26-06-2008, 01:41 PM
The buttons are glowing ool
If you had a sense of design you'd know that this isn't a good idea for website design. Sure maybe if you're freewebing it up, as then you have an excuse. This time though you're trying to provide a service based upon your abilities in webdesign/development.

Protege
26-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I can't see nothing wrong with them glowing... Your the only person to point that out so far so I take that comment and throw it out the window till a few more people agree with it.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 01:54 PM
No offence here, but your colour choices aren't the best. From what i can see you're working with bright yellow, green and orange on a white to grey background. This is NEVER a good idea. Try dulling the colours so they don't seem to glow when you look at them.

I can't really comment on the layout/design as a whole however at the moment it's not pushing my buttons.

If you had a sense of design you'd know that this isn't a good idea for website design. Sure maybe if you're freewebing it up, as then you have an excuse. This time though you're trying to provide a service based upon your abilities in webdesign/development.

Greg, I ignored it on MSN, saying Richard Knox and FifteenK couldn't design.
But seriously, it seems you've become arrogant now, and the only designs you like are those of people you work with or try to kiss-***.

Klydo
26-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I think you'll find I'm the last person to kiss anyone's ***. Please give evidence where I've said something looks great when it doesn't. I even say my opinions to real close friends as that's what they need to hear to improve. People such as Jamie and Jack, I will tell them how I see it. I'm not out to offend, I'm out to tell things how I see them.

I've seen Richard Knox's designs and to me they are no nice and I've told him this before. I've also see the FifteenK homepage banner and font use, it's horrid. Also when did I say I liked the design of people I worked for. I work for Youmeo and I hated their design, the first thing I said to Calum when he wanted me to redesign their content (when we first spoke) was that I wanted to change the whole site design. So don't give me crap that I like designs of people I work for, as I tell them how I see it also.

Don't label me as a kiss *** when I'm not.

Hypertext
26-06-2008, 02:22 PM
That logo looks like HostSuite.

Joshuae, grow up.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 02:36 PM
That logo looks like HostSuite.

Joshuae, grow up.

Wow, no it doesn't? HostSuites is blank and no-edits, this has edits.

And, why don't you Charlie? Pretending to be in a professional company.
You're 14.

Klydo
26-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Age isn't a big factor in web development, you should know that by now. You'll rarely find a 35+ year old in a web design department now. It's all about attracting the younger users by recruiting the younger designers/developer.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Age isn't a big factor in web development, you should know that by now. You'll rarely find a 35+ year old in a web design department now. It's all about attracting the younger users by recruiting the younger designers/developer.

No, he thinks he works in an office, full time at 14.

today
26-06-2008, 02:54 PM
I think you'll find I'm the last person to kiss anyone's ***. Please give evidence where I've said something looks great when it doesn't. I even say my opinions to real close friends as that's what they need to hear to improve. People such as Jamie and Jack, I will tell them how I see it. I'm not out to offend, I'm out to tell things how I see them.

I've seen Richard Knox's designs and to me they are no nice and I've told him this before. I've also see the FifteenK homepage banner and font use, it's horrid. Also when did I say I liked the design of people I worked for. I work for Youmeo and I hated their design, the first thing I said to Calum when he wanted me to redesign their content (when we first spoke) was that I wanted to change the whole site design. So don't give me crap that I like designs of people I work for, as I tell them how I see it also.

Don't label me as a kiss *** when I'm not.
Although i know your happy with your new found lover job. Please for once stop relating everything to that site, job. We already know you hate everything in life.

Big whoop :eusa_whis

Klydo
26-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Although i know your happy with your new found lover job. Please for once stop relating everything to that site, job. We already know you hate everything in life.

Big whoop :eusa_whis
Um, I'm explaining that I don't suck up for people I work for. Therefore I had to use the fact of where I'm working to get the point across. Don't try to be witty, read first before posting rubbish.

today
26-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Um, I'm explaining that I don't suck up for people I work for. Therefore I had to use the fact of where I'm working to get the point across. Don't try to be witty, read first before posting rubbish.
Im not trying to be witty at all. We all know you dont suck up for people you work for. Anyone with common sense knows that. :$ But your attutide, now thats a different story.

Klydo
26-06-2008, 03:10 PM
My attitube is always the same, it's part of my identity online. If I didn't have this personality then I wouldn't be as known as I am. I would just be another web designer trying to make a living. Things which happen on my sites (be it good or bad) are normally posted here before I've even had a chance to visit. So if my attitude was a problem in my life then I don't see what it's affecting.

Hypertext
26-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Ok, I guess your jealous. Age isn't any factor in web designing, they weren't age discriminant, and judged my skill not age. OK?

today
26-06-2008, 03:14 PM
My attitube is always the same, it's part of my identity online. If I didn't have this personality then I wouldn't be as known as I am. I would just be another web designer trying to make a living. Things which happen on my sites (be it good or bad) are normally posted here before I've even had a chance to visit. So if my attitude was a problem in my life then I don't see what it's affecting.
You have a split attitude sometimes you can help loads of people out and be friendly then the next your a right ***** to them.

Not that it matters, lets leave this 'subject' and go back ontopic..

Klydo
26-06-2008, 03:36 PM
You have a split attitude sometimes you can help loads of people out and be friendly then the next your a right ***** to them.

I'll help people when they ask for it, unless they ask for help I'm not going to. If anyone asks for design advice or help on MSN I will give it to them. It's a very common thing to happen, just no one on this forum sees that side as I don't bother to do so. I'm only strict and to the point when it comes to web development. I see the industry as a professional and without the truth being given to these people they will continue to design/work how they do. I've gotten to a position where my abilities are recognised and are being used for live products. Therefore I'm in a position where I can give opinions on subjects such as this. I'm not going to lie to someone's face just so they can have false hope.

Protege
26-06-2008, 04:02 PM
If you want to sort your beef out, take it to an MSN conversation or another 3rd party site/client and distribute your rants and raves there... this thread is dedicated to InterStudios.

Independent
26-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Your trying to stop an argument by telling Greg to go on topic, I suppose it doesn't help that everybody is flaming gregs threads.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Everyone shut up now.

Charlie, I don't care about you or your job anymore so shut up, or get out of this thread.

craigg.
26-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I haven’t read every word of this thread but I have read enough. To be honest, I disagree with every bit of what people are saying about offices. You guys are website developers, designers, coders or what ever you please you should know how to overcome the communication issue without forking out huge amounts of money each month on an office. My clients have never had an issue with communication because I send them emails confirming their status. I really can’t see why someone would need an office: set up a web cam and a mic and you can have multi-web-conferences. Send pictures instead of whiteboards to explain what is going on, send audio clips, web pages, links and all sots of media so the other person can grasp exactly what you mean. Buying an office may help you in one way, but lacking communications skills over the internet makes you suffer long term. I can agree if you were a large company who has 5 members or more employed but to be fair you can easily make a load of money on your own. Numbers are never an issue. It’s the amount of talent you hold which gets you noticed. I choose not to publish my work often on HabboxForum, hence why some of the newcomers may not know me. I choose to be that way. Call me a hypocrite if you may, but I can communicate well when chosen to do so.

Greg - There is more than one designer on the FifteenK team.

Anyway, back on topic. Good luck Josh; I hope everything works out.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I haven’t read every word of this thread but I have read enough. To be honest, I disagree with every bit of what people are saying about offices. You guys are website developers, designers, coders or what ever you please you should know how to overcome the communication issue without forking out huge amounts of money each month on an office. My clients have never had an issue with communication because I send them emails confirming their status. I really can’t see why someone would need an office: set up a web cam and a mic and you can have multi-web-conferences. Send pictures instead of whiteboards to explain what is going on, send audio clips, web pages, links and all sots of media so the other person can grasp exactly what you mean. Buying an office may help you in one way, but lacking communications skills over the internet makes you suffer long term. I can agree if you were a large company who has 5 members or more employed but to be fair you can easily make a load of money on your own. Numbers are never an issue. It’s the amount of talent you hold which gets you noticed. I choose not to publish my work often on HabboxForum, hence why some of the newcomers may not know me. I choose to be that way. Call me a hypocrite if you may, but I can communicate well when chosen to do so.

Greg - There is more than one designer on the FifteenK team.

Anyway, back on topic. Good luck Josh; I hope everything works out.

Ahah, thanks Craig, and thanks for backing us up.

Excellent
26-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not doing any type of *** licking here but we all know Klydo can design and if you don't know this take your head out of the pot it's covered in. Take his advice - ask for it even.

There is no harm in asking someone for help just because you're opening an company, any advice he or others gives you will count towards the learning curve.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm not doing any type of *** licking here but we all know Klydo can design and if you don't know this take your head out of the pot it's covered in. Take his advice - ask for it even.

There is no harm in asking someone for help just because you're opening an company, any advice he or others gives you will count towards the learning curve.

No-one said he can't, and I don't have to take the advice. :S,
and no-one said there, was?

Independent
26-06-2008, 07:32 PM
What's going on? I'm lost.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 07:33 PM
What's going on? I'm lost.

Back to the project:

We've still got a way to go, but we're getting there.
We're taking a break, as we've been working all week.

Independent
26-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Back to the project:

We've still got a way to go, but we're getting there.
We're taking a break, as we've been working all week.
Interstudios.co.uk?

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Interstudios.co.uk?

Thats the one.

Protege
Correct.

Independent
Correct.
I said it because none of you announced it in the thread :8

Protege
26-06-2008, 07:39 PM
You are correct.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I said it because none of you announced it in the thread :8

I'll be doing a big thread now. ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!