PDA

View Full Version : iphone 1

blanky12!
23-06-2008, 10:30 AM
if i buy the iphone 1, and update it to 2.0 will it be excally the same as iphone 2.0

Moved by Hayd93 (Forum Super Moderator) from Technology Discussion: Please Post in the correct section

Xarea
23-06-2008, 10:34 AM
You can buy iPhone Original, and then get the 2.0 update in July, yes, but you won't have 3G.

blanky12!
23-06-2008, 10:43 AM
oh well? the 3g is crap in england anyways.

blanky12!
23-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Nope, I've said that I'm not going to get viring broadband, I'm getting the new iphone (Y)

Recursion
23-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Nope, I've said that I'm not going to get viring broadband, I'm getting the new iphone (Y)

This has nothing to do with the thread?

Anyway, the Original iPhone won't have *GPS, 3G (3G is going to get a lot better this year in theory).

*I'm not sure about the GPS lololol

Josh-H
23-06-2008, 03:31 PM
This has nothing to do with the thread?

Anyway, the Original iPhone won't have *GPS, 3G (3G is going to get a lot better this year in theory).

*I'm not sure about the GPS lololol

No it won't have proper GPS. The original iPhone only has a rough location feature in its maps that uses information from wifi networks and cell phone towers to give your location in a mile radius.

xxMATTGxx
23-06-2008, 03:32 PM
If you buy the original iPhone, you can still get the 2.0 Update that will be released in July. Although you must be using an O2 Sim card. I think it has to be contract not sure about PAYG. But you cant have an unlocked version and sat use T-Mobile and update normally to the 2.0 update. Unless someone make it work etc etc.

DaveTaylor
23-06-2008, 03:37 PM
As stated above lot the 2.0 update will be available for the original iPhone however it won't have the 3G and GPS, the 3G network across the UK isn't really great either so O2 are going to have to step up on that sooner rather than later, the original iPhone has some form of GPS which is done via the mobile phone transmitters and your wifi connection if your connected to one of course, the way it's done at the moment is if your on the maps.app on the iPhone and section "current position" or the travel map from getting A to B your signal will be sent out to the mast and then transmitted along the quickest road network, and relayed back to you, for location it sends out a signal to the 3 nearest masts to you and then pinpoints your distance from each mast. It is still a form of GPS however it's not live GPS like the new one basically.

N!ck
23-06-2008, 03:55 PM
They have different hardware, so no.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!